Author Topic: Accessory Socket  (Read 9533 times)

rmdba

• Scooter
on: October 12, 2019, 09:59:24 am
I've just spent a while putting heated grips on my Interceptor, and took the switched power feed to the relay from the pilot light in the headlamp. It was only when I finished that I noticed a spare connector in there. Looking at the wiring diagram, I see it's a switched accessory socket, rated at 10A.
So, if you're thinking of adding electrics, just be aware that there is already this connector for you to use. Yes, it's only 10A, but that's probably enough for sat nav, heated grips etc...
The lesson for me is RTFM !!

Vintageman

• Neophyte
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 05:30:35 pm
Any word on the alternators total output? I saw an initial post but no follow up. Hope to get any info on heated clothing use with these bikes. Thanks.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 05:40:57 pm
Any word on the alternators total output? I saw an initial post but no follow up. Hope to get any info on heated clothing use with these bikes. Thanks.

The technical specs in both the service and owners manuals I've seen say 156 Watts @ 1100 RPM.  Does that help?

Vintageman

• Neophyte
Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 06:01:45 pm
Thanks, at idle, but wondering what max output is. It's low for a modern machine at that number. Typically would like to see in the 400 watts range. Rare earth magnets and a stator upgrade, but room for a larger stator may be an issue with this resto mod design. Concerned as I'm a 150 mile a day commuter and electric riding equipment is a necessity for me.  May be a deal breaker.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 09:40:49 pm
Thanks, at idle, but wondering what max output is. It's low for a modern machine at that number. Typically would like to see in the 400 watts range. Rare earth magnets and a stator upgrade, but room for a larger stator may be an issue with this resto mod design. Concerned as I'm a 150 mile a day commuter and electric riding equipment is a necessity for me.  May be a deal breaker.

Sorry, don't know...

rmdba

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 09:27:09 am
The 156W is as you say at 1100 rpm. That's not a bad figure at all for what is basically tickover. The output at higher rpm will be much larger. I read somewhere, but can't remember where, that RE are aiming the bike at the touring market, and so put on a huge alternator. I don't have any worries about the output, and I shall be using my heated jackets as well as heated grips, sat nav etc.

Mav

• Bulleteer
  • Nottingham UK
Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 07:19:07 pm
What type of plug (connecter)is the spare feed?
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro
2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor

rmdba

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 09:31:19 am
It's a standard 2 pin connector - afraid I don't know what they're called, but here's a photo.

bigm

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 10:25:17 am
156 watts would be more than enough for chargind mobile phone and heated grips. My major concern is keeping the phone charged because i love cold.

Breezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2019 Interceptor, 2021 R NineT
Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 02:29:58 pm
It's a standard 2 pin connector - afraid I don't know what they're called, but here's a photo.

Thanks so much for this. I'd never have copped it myself.

Dr Mayhem

• Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 06:38:56 pm
I've just spent a while putting heated grips on my Interceptor, and took the switched power feed to the relay from the pilot light in the headlamp. It was only when I finished that I noticed a spare connector in there. Looking at the wiring diagram, I see it's a switched accessory socket, rated at 10A.
So, if you're thinking of adding electrics, just be aware that there is already this connector for you to use. Yes, it's only 10A, but that's probably enough for sat nav, heated grips etc...

I think something a lot of us would do, so very good to know beforehand! Thanks  :)
Guy
19 Conti GT in Dr Mayhem paint 08/24/2019
06 HD Street Bob
04 Buell XB12S Lightning

Mav

• Bulleteer
  • Nottingham UK
Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 11:11:09 pm

Thank you.

Very useful info  :)
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro
2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor

EnfieldGuy

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 08:30:19 am

Its nice to see Enfield fitted this accessory socket on these bikes, I have fitted a USB outlet to the free socket and mounted this USB outlet to the top of the main tube on the forks, I then just run a charger cable to my phone on longer rides going to a little magnetic tank pouch! Works really well.

hadujorganic

• Grease Monkey
  • Bethesda, MD, USA
Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 12:14:07 am

Is that the actual accessory connector from the headlight housing?
Bethesda, MD  "Home Of Its Residents"

2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2021 SYM Fiddle III 200i
2019 Trek Checkpoint
1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager

rmdba

• Scooter
Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 10:36:47 am
Is that the actual accessory connector from the headlight housing?

Yes, it's inside the headlight. Just pop the front off, and you'll find it in there.