Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Campfire Talk / Re: ישראל כחזית השלישית
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 07:19:25 pm »
"… And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair share of abuse
We're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't we're gonna blow a fifty-amp fuse"

Even your warped attempt to shift it to others is a true sign of either your ignorance or agreement of what's taking place.
Seriously? The constant NSA, CIA & FBI warnings about foreign agent internet bots spreading disinformation ring any bells? You've never been to college and seen up close & personal the need for kids to join a cause to feel part of a group that matters?

"Your not worth any effort to further dispute your anti-Israel claims."  (again, the contraction of "you are" is you're)
You need to do some fancy mental gymnastics to get anti-israel out of my posts. Or just really enjoy making things up.

EXPLAIN what YOU think is taking place, THEN we can have a discussion. It's really tiresome talking to someone unwilling or unable to explain their perspective. It would be helpful to include objectively verifiable references. I'm not holding my breath though.
« Last Post by Racer57 on Today at 06:53:30 pm »
"internet bot driven pro-palestinian recreational college "Fight Club" dissent. "    Its sickening how extreme Liberals like you do not take seriously the threats and violence against the Jewish community to the point of condoning their threats. Even your warped attempt to shift it to others is a true sign of either your ignorance or agreement of what's taking place. Your not worth any effort to further dispute your anti-Israel claims. 

Your preference to not believe my attachment and inability to compare it to what's going on now isn't my problem.

Your talent for obfuscation is epic. The 4 cent paper attachment is a obviously a historical artifact accurately documenting a past event. I know about the Nazis. The comparison of internet bot driven pro-palestinian recreational college "Fight Club" dissent to actual Nazi tactics to subvert & take over a nation is absurd. The GOPPPW has that well covered, largely recycling internet Russian & Chinese bot driven disinformation. Again, mostly a "Fight Club" scenario.

I really fail to understand your reliance on vague & amorphous posts. It's easy to say what you mean. Clarity is essential for  actual communication, if that's the intent.

Here's where you got your post from. How you can casually state that I "don't believe" your attachment is unsupported, especially in light of the vague nature of the original verbiage.

27 October 1932 <<  https://www.jta.org/archive/19-jewish-students-injured-as-new-nazi-attacks-occur-at-vienna-colleges
http://pdfs.jta.org/1932/1932-10-27_2386.pdf?_ga=2.181115173.305711969.1714146048-1770791505.1714146048  >>
350 J Platform / Re: Big Dang Bikes
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 06:23:53 pm »
@ #6: +1! Salient observations. In Arizona we have a similar relationship with boats, curious for a state with maybe 3 big lakes... ::)
« Last Post by Aitrus on Today at 06:08:42 pm »
Yeah, the adventure style bikes are all the rage now and too bad for those of short legged stature. How many of those ADV bikes ever go off road anyway? I bet very few.

I've always thought that there's three kinds of ADV riders. 

Group 1: purchase an ADV as a as "someday bike".  As in, "Someday I'm going to go ride off into the woods" or "Someday I'm going to take this thing on a camping trip."

Group 2: purchase an ADV as a "capability bike".  As in, "I don't have any intention to go off-road, but if I ever find myself wanting to / needing to, I'll already have the capability to do so."

Group 3: purchase an ADV to do a mix of on-road and actual off-road riding.  It can be a camping trip once a year, but they really do intend - and actually get out and do it - at least occasionally.

Interestingly enough, I think that the same three general groups apply to SUVs and truck owners as well.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Question about stock tires
« Last Post by ryguy76 on Today at 05:44:54 pm »
A couple of comments here. You might have your rear wheel alignment checked and I don't care for the Ceat tubes used on my 2020 INT. They are very thick and heavy for road tubes. I had to replace the rear tube early on and went with a Michelin Road Tube.

Alignment looks decent to me but I don’t have proper tools to make adjust completely accurately. 

I’m going to get the dealer to remove and mount the tires and not just do the change on the rims.  Hopefully they can assess the rear wheel alignment and optimize it then.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Question about stock tires
« Last Post by ryguy76 on Today at 05:39:50 pm »
Time to replace - when the rear wears a bit it will loose it's profile shape and flatten off in the centre (unless you are consistently using the 'whole' tire - hard to do on public roads as opposed to track days). Meanwhile the front will be wearing differently and probably maintain it's profile a little longer. I'm hard on fronts ! :) Anyway this among other factors will definitely 'feel' different and little loose if accelerating early out of the corner. I also notice a difference when diving into a corner when the rear has lost it's profile. Different wears on front and rear will tend to make the bike 'twitch' if you hit a bump, even when riding in a straight line. All of this no big deal but can be a bit disconcerting. Riding track days is a great way to gain experience of how the bike feels in different situations.

Ya, that makes a ton of sense.  I wish I had a local track to ride as I do think that would allow me to really get a feel for how far I can push the bike and myself.  I am a pretty conservative rider but would happily level up if I could do it in a controlled environment like a track.
350 J Platform / Re: Trade-in Values on 350 Meteors/Classics
« Last Post by AzKev on Today at 05:30:50 pm »
Understood, Kev. Good answers.

I might feel more like you do, regarding the oomph, but I have my 34 HP scooter for that, and that's most definitely my primary ride, i.e., the M350 is a fun backup. And no commuting for me, for a long time now.

So you make a good case. Ask your wife if she needs a new couch, dining room set, dishwasher, or something. And then remind her that you need a little more power, to be safer in traffic on the higher-speed parts of your commute.

I like that strategy, Bill! Thing is, unlike a lot of women, or people really, she is VERY non-materialistic, almost to fault. If it was up to her, we would never buy anything new. She is frugal to a fault lol. But she is on-board with the idea of being safer.

Very few bikes will ever hold investment values.
And, IMO, if you buy a bike for resale value, then you're doing it wrong.
I'm sure that I could now buy 4 Royal Enfield Classic 350s for what I paid for two 18 months ago.
I don't care.  I paid for them to use them and there are few things I own that have gone up in value that are day to day items.

Enjoy it, and if you have to sell it, know you're going to lose money.

Ride Safe 🙏🏼

You make a great point here, ButteMT. Seeing as how I've only ever bought and sold used bikes before my Meteor, I never really lost too much when I sold them because I never paid that much. I view it like you do, it's just my wife who is more of a stickler for losing money on anything. To her credit, whenever we buy a new vehicle, she does all the haggling, and she is one tough cookie! She saved us a ton on our Nissan Rogue - but it was a long, miserable process - one that I would not have gone through myself.
We have a great relationship, and make all decisions together, which works great 99% of the time - this being the other 1% lol  ;D
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 05:01:40 pm »
Your preference to not believe my attachment and inability to compare it to what's going on now isn't my problem.

Your talent for obfuscation is epic. The 4 cent paper attachment is a obviously a historical artifact accurately documenting a past event. I know about the Nazis. The comparison of internet bot driven pro-palestinian recreational college "Fight Club" dissent to actual Nazi tactics to subvert & take over a nation is absurd. The GOPPPW has that well covered, largely recycling internet Russian & Chinese bot driven disinformation. Again, mostly a "Fight Club" scenario.

I really fail to understand your reliance on vague & amorphous posts. It's easy to say what you mean. Clarity is essential for  actual communication, if that's the intent.

Here's where you got your post from. How you can casually state that I "don't believe" your attachment is unsupported, especially in light of the vague nature of the original verbiage.

27 October 1932 <<  https://www.jta.org/archive/19-jewish-students-injured-as-new-nazi-attacks-occur-at-vienna-colleges
http://pdfs.jta.org/1932/1932-10-27_2386.pdf?_ga=2.181115173.305711969.1714146048-1770791505.1714146048  >>
350 J Platform / Re: Trade-in Values on 350 Meteors/Classics
« Last Post by ButteMT on Today at 04:58:09 pm »
Very few bikes will ever hold investment values.
And, IMO, if you buy a bike for resale value, then you're doing it wrong.
I'm sure that I could now buy 4 Royal Enfield Classic 350s for what I paid for two 18 months ago.
I don't care.  I paid for them to use them and there are few things I own that have gone up in value that are day to day items.

Enjoy it, and if you have to sell it, know you're going to lose money.

Ride Safe 🙏🏼
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 04:33:20 pm »
In the days of Yore a "starter bike" was a 10-15 HP 125cc - 200cc machine. They'd run 50-65 MPH and were light, all good things for newer riders. The "big bikes" had 25-40 HP, were 250-400 pounds and would drag you up to 80 - 100 MPH, about all the velocity you need on public roads. (452 Scram anyone?  ;D)

There are innumerable stories of folks touring tens of thousands of miles on 50cc to 350cc machines. The olde RE Pre-Unit 350 Bullet was the HD of India and chugged everywhere, even circumnavigating the globe, for the better part of 60 years virtually unchanged.

Mostly I think it's a desire for greater status that drives the bigger, faster thing. A well sorted 350 is about all the machine you "need". Leave the super slab to busses & Corvettes. Take an airplane or train if pressed for time. Being "in the wind" doesn't take 150 HP and 600 pounds.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10