Author Topic: Classic 500 -Huge list Of Accessories  (Read 6112 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
on: April 25, 2020, 12:35:51 pm
This clip may be worth watch if you plan to accessorise your C5. some of my bike were classed as heavily blinged out with factory saddle bags/clock/tail light/indicators/pedestian slicer/front mudguard light/rear rack/grips/flyscreen/windscreen/speedo cover/ejk jetting kit/power commander 5/exhaust mods/headlight mods/headlight grille/ special headlights/ special electronic speedo/ tacho/ bar end mirrors/bar end weights hd/ngk plug/ngkcap/vibration plate/horns/batteries/
All is video covering 18 bikes in total

https://youtu.be/NSZWbHYIEv8
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 12:39:01 pm by wildbill »

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 07:57:01 am
I was a bit surprise 60 odd members looked at this thread and no comments on the bike accessories. I actually wondered what went wrong here. let me explain. I belong to a big watch forum as I also play about in high end watches.
I decided to link the bikes to one of my watch threads and although iwasn't expecting those well heeled guys to comment on the bottom of the barrel bikes like enfields -I actually had 7 replies and the tan one appeared to be their favorite.
naturally I am not listing my forum due to the stalker I have in this forum ;D i don't want that trash filtering into the upper watch market.
so I thought maybe i did this wrong and should have tossed up something different so here's 3 watches from the past. take a good look at the rolex.
these units will set you back new US40K and that one on my wrist US$20K -18ct solid gold-the the the other two are just cheap at US$4K and US $7K ea
I've been on and off the rolex band wagon for a good 20 years -in reality I've had more of those than enfields and last count I think roughly 25 have wrapped around the wrist. are they any better than other watches
here I can say truthfully say no -more heavily overpriced and not worth the money ;D but investment wise very easy to move or cash and very easy to make money on.
thats why i like to buy and i like to sell them. unlike enfields where money is in most cases a total loss its very easy to make several thousand $$$ on just one rolex sale...very easy!
why. because the people you sell to want to climb the ladder and the better the watch the higher they climb ;)

microbc

• Scooter
  • Should have got a RE years ago!
Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 09:57:05 pm
Just my observation....You post too much about your personal wealth.

Items such as watches, diamonds and exotic birds aren't really something I am looking to hear about on a RE motorcycle forum.

2013 Classic C5

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 02:33:43 am
I fully agree with you.
Lurker on a Vespa

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 02:51:00 am

While where at it don't come crying to me for advice when that old drum brake C5 locks up and I told you all to buy the new euro 4 ABS with the new swing arm ;) but I forgot you newcomers think you know everything.

I know I wouldn't buy a 013 that just one year past the dread off set fork model. but you already knew that. Plus the wiring problems plus the.....again I forgot you know the answers. I've only had the 18 bikes that's all.... ;D

My opinion is-you two would just be a pair of jealous part newby who don't like to see any-one with anything. In fact either of you could be the TDB

Also when you look back in the archives if it was for my spending power - who else would have documented in this forum model by model year changes on a C5 - I doubt very much if it would be you.
Over the year I have contributed a huge amount of material to the forum on the classic 500 and I decided to put up a clip showing just the c5 's mods and not even a friggin comment

Now who wouldn't be pissed off!

If I had ask how to change a tyre I bet 10 would have replied to that one but when you look at a clip which shows 18 C5's in various years- No comment!

Why is this?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 03:37:23 am by wildbill »

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 09:16:08 am

Over the year I have contributed a huge amount of material to the forum on the classic 500 and I decided to put up a clip showing just the c5 's mods and not even a friggin comment

Why is this?

Did it ever occur to you that nobody engaged you to provide  these reviews,  make your videos or spend any of your fabulous wealth buying all those bikes and accessories on their behalf? 

Undertaking these things as a personal project is a great thing, and good for you.  I feel though,  that you might be better off using your project as a vehicle for personal growth or satisfaction and not so much as a self aggrandizement programme. 

Please understand that as a self driven project,  nobody on the forum is under any obligation to either watch your videos nor comment on them. And when you put it out there on the internet,  anyone is free to comment,  like or dislike what you've done in any way that pleases them,  short of harassment or defamation. 

Good luck,  Wildbill. I hope your money, motorbikes, watches and diamonds bring you all the happiness in the world.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 12:09:39 pm
Guys Lighten Up and stop sucking on Lemons! It's very simple - if you don't like Wildbills posts don't open them!!! Personally I dislike video's *and social media -  so unless I see a title that interests me I ignore them (NO offence to Bill) Similarly I posted about the Guzzi Trike I built and had compliments because as R.E. owners we all have other things in our lives👍 Was I wrong to talk about opting for a Spyder over a GT650 and why? NO - so accept were all different, and personally Wildbills humour and attitudes are positive even if I shake ny head at times👍
2020 RE 650 GT (Mr Clean)
2014 C5
56 MGA
58 Healey 3000 (Resto in Progress)
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid
Tipo 184 Kit ordered & awaiting delivery for build👍

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 01:30:31 pm

While where at it don't come crying to me for advice when that old drum brake C5 locks up and I told you all to buy the new euro 4 ABS with the new swing arm ;) but I forgot you newcomers think you know everything.

I know I wouldn't buy a 013 that just one year past the dread off set fork model. but you already knew that. Plus the wiring problems plus the.....again I forgot you know the answers. I've only had the 18 bikes that's all.... ;D

My opinion is-you two would just be a pair of jealous part newby who don't like to see any-one with anything. In fact either of you could be the TDB

Also when you look back in the archives if it was for my spending power - who else would have documented in this forum model by model year changes on a C5 - I doubt very much if it would be you.

Now who wouldn't be pissed off!

If I had ask how to change a tyre I bet 10 would have replied to that one but when you look at a clip which shows 18 C5's in various years- No comment!

Why is this?

- Unfortunately, no one would want advice from someone with that sort of approach. Number of bikes does not equal subject matter knowledge and/or bike IQ,

- Drum brakes locking up indicate inadequate upkeep and/or maintenance regimes (IMHO). A number of solutions are present to ensure this does not happen. Otherwise, we would not have drum brake Enfields being bought since before most of us were even born,

- Amount of wealth, spending power and watches are irrelevant and possibly no one cares in this forum. People can buy a $10 or $10,000 watch. They both achieve the same purpose, but still can't predict the time of someone's death,

- Anyone can acquire model by model knowledge of an Enfield on the internet from various sources, not just this forum. It is readily available and to somewhat greater extent in certain aspects on some Indian domestic market bike forums,

- Other forum members have contributed more to this forum, in many cases, by using fewer posts, whilst staying humble and offering valid, constructive and positive feedback. Various members have given crucial information using their own time, effort and engineering experience, without being egotistic about it. There are a few gems here, from their posts, you could make a novel of priceless & invaluable info,

- Changing a tyre or helping someone in need with a genuine problem is much more critical to these forum members rather than looking at another video out of 1000s which are readily available,

- You couldn't even maintain a real cast-iron Bullet with right-side gear shift and you chew these new bikes like bubblegum with no grace. Obviously, either there is something amiss with one person, or the rest of this community is retarded.

BTW, not sure how this sort of "humour and attitude" is seen as positive.

To others, I try to refrain from these sorts of posts, but I apologise. The best response to this type of forum topics / posts is to not reply at all. Obviously I failed here. Nothing personal, just bashing the keyboard.

We're better than this. Cheers.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 01:46:15 pm
Would rather Humour and Attitude than sour puss comments - if you don't like don't read, as for the opening comments re rear brakes- NO - a known problem not associated with lack if service and being aware of it can save lives......
YES we are better than this- so maybe just ignore him and his posts if he so infuriates you? There are people's post I don't open, and responses within  posts I dont read - simple really
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

microbc

• Scooter
  • Should have got a RE years ago!
Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 07:21:02 pm
In your 2nd post above you were wondering why no one had commented on your post:

"I was a bit surprise 60 odd members looked at this thread and no comments on the bike accessories. I actually wondered what went wrong here. let me explain..."

I simply provided my thoughts on why your post may have not had the response you sought.

"I know I wouldn't buy a 013 that just one year past the dread off set fork model. but you already knew that."

Lol, you must equate experience and knowledge with the number of posts or bikes owned.

Yep, I bought a 13 knowing that and it has been a truly reliable bike.

Maybe I would value your opinion more if you HAD bought a 13 and kept it long enough to see if it was reliable.

Simple routine maintenance is all that has been required to keep it rolling perfectly.

"My opinion is-you two would just be a pair of jealous part newby who don't like to see any-one with anything. In fact either of you could be the TDB "

My experience has been that the truly wealthy rarely feel the need to flaunt or otherwise point out their wealth.

I don't know if you are an expert on RE bikes or not, but my gut tells me that you haven't kept any of them long enough to have more than a cursory knowledge beyond their break in period and customizing them with accessories.
2013 Classic C5

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #10 on: April 28, 2020, 10:59:58 pm
Would rather Humour and Attitude than sour puss comments - if you don't like don't read, as for the opening comments re rear brakes- NO - a known problem not associated with lack if service and being aware of it can save lives......
YES we are better than this- so maybe just ignore him and his posts if he so infuriates you? There are people's post I don't open, and responses within  posts I dont read - simple really

Thanks for your thoughtful post. May I allude you to gizzo's post up there. This is a public forum on the internet, where anyone is free to comment, just like yourself and your best mate here. Agree? So, I believe one shouldn't force others to "not read".

I am willing to bet that the rear drum "issue" is primarily associated with service or lack thereof. The underlying causes appear to be improperly aligned/adjusted brake shoes, improper brake pedal height causing drag, improper torque/tightening of brake anchor nut, lack of brake cam upkeep/lubing, lack of cleaning glazed debris from shoes and drum etc. I can post service intervals for rear brake adjustment and cleaning from old Bullet service manuals here. I bet some of us do not even follow those service intervals for this item. So of course this a "known issue", similarly there are solutions here in this forum. Never did I say one shouldn't be aware of it.

It appears most of us do ignore your mate's posts, therefore he himself had a "cry" and immature tantrum about the lack of replies, complemented by an unrelated sales pitch for some bland watches. To comfort your mate, two forum members respectfully said something on a public forum, to which your best mate replied with some "sour puss comments", that were uncalled for.

It is condescending and hypocritical to only let your mate post some "humour and attitude", whilst telling others to "lighten-up".

Please apply the same logic of your post to this one, if mine also infuriates you, don't open my messages either, simple really ;D

Thank you.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 12:44:38 am
Marking assumptions like suggesting "Mates" as the saying goes "makes an Ass out of U and ME" as for the record I have never met, talked or emailed Wildbill! I just defend ALL members (him, you, me) the right to post without coping verballing- Simple
I enjoy SOME (not all) of his posts, and that's his right, my right and YOURS TO NOT without unreasonable comments 👍
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 04:16:56 am
Marking assumptions like suggesting "Mates" as the saying goes "makes an Ass out of U and ME" as for the record I have never met, talked or emailed Wildbill! I just defend ALL members (him, you, me) the right to post without coping verballing- Simple
👍

So then where do you stand on the way he talks about people who dislike, don't comment on or don't watch his content? He's said some pretty vile things and made dreadful assumptions about people he doesn't even know. I'm sure there are people on this forum who could make educated comments about personality disorders this kind of behaviour indicates but to their credit they keep it to themselves. Unlike old mate who feels free to abuse/belittle/humiliate (take your pick) anyone he feels is defying him.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 05:29:03 am
I AGREE WITH THE SENTIMENT 👍
I have and will never defend many of his comments- but in some cases it's like the kettle calling the pan black 🤔 and it's a two way street, like the mental health comments . In the early days monies were rarely mentioned, only when SOME members questioned his spending and source, and from seems to have become a vicious circle.... and  if you poke a bear with a stick don't expect it to roll over for a belly rub 🤣
Personally I  would rather he earn and spend his monies ethically as he sees fit, than some people I DO KNOW who bludge the system or even illegal actions, inc welfare manipulation!!!! (a friend in the u.k who's spent 30+ yrs doing so)
His posts gave me awareness of issues to pre-empt fixes (rectifier bracket, battery connections) and along with other members guided things like Pwr Cmdr, Muffler, Tacho.....choices. We all decide who we read, listen, respect and that's why we are individuals with opinions and choices to or not 🤔
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 06:27:29 am
DICKIM
I am sorry you got involved in this incident. Hopefully it won't reflect on you on the forum. I think the two involved made me look like a proper C//t when in fact one reply I read made him actually look far worse than me and i think much closer to a DEAD ...C

True I've had to put up with As'hole all my fri ggin life. usually no real friends because most hung around just to see what the could get either out of me for nothing or just cheap. Or just to borrow money and not pay it back!

yes its true I will if pushed bring out photos to confirm what I say.

I mainly do this for one reason only. there are those who talk crap and those who produce the goods. Some times they don't like what they see. it's called jealousy

I could reply to those two involved BUT its only going to make it far worse for me and lets just say-the smart thing for me to do is pass and let it ride. my response would not be nice then again i wouldn't call what i read lovely either ::)

Although it appears I really don't know what I am talking about today I decided to buy a classic 500. I know nothing about Iron barrels so I had really no choice but go for a new one. I would like to tell you a good sob story of how i had to save for the past year for the deposit and took it over 5 years ...but you all know i'd be lying.
The truth is i just said to the wife. im buying a new bike can you transfer them the money. which she did. then told the dealer i will pick it up when i get the chance. don't know and don't really care

so i guess this will be the one and only post on this bike as I will no longer fill any-ones head with misleading info they can inquire and get it correctly from other members. all of which would have had bikes far longer than me.

I will bring this up and I must. over the years say last 50 years. I have owned 150 cars. now be honest here 150 and some kid tries and tell you - your knowledge of bikes is very limited. so I have owned
mustangs/chargers/gt falcons/gts Monaro/bmw/merc/porsches/alfa/lotus/mgs/triumphs/miatas/pacers/classic holdens/classic fors/classic valiants/ honda s600/Datsun 2000/ bme z3's/ bmw z4 plus more and you don't know if a friggin old enfield is going any good or not ;D

two came out and both from the land downunder too. i thought there would be far more.

8 years on this forum and in all honesty i have never dislike any-one on the forum well actually i dont dislike any-one at all if it comes to that.

there were actually 2 or 3 members I told how they could earnt themselves extra income - not sure if they took the advise or not.

meanwhile i will wipe all bikes from my username as that too is misleading for a person with buying power and no knowledge of the bikes. that alone appears to be a AU$170,000  mistake just on Enfields

« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 06:30:33 am by wildbill »