Author Topic: My New Ride-The 650 Interceptor/2nd time Around!  (Read 36608 times)

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
Reply #210 on: May 02, 2020, 01:04:58 am
It's ironic how that all started with his anger over being ignored. He deleted that line.

Lurker on a Vespa

GSS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #211 on: May 02, 2020, 04:24:33 am
Friends, As a rule I always stay out of internet controversies, but feel obligated to comment.

JVS is a very long-standing and upright contributor to this group.  Some of us haven’t contributed regularly in recent years but do follow along. JVS is a far as anyone can possibly get from the “sad troll” that someone called him.

Wildbill has also been a valuable contributor and most folks simply disregard the “cash, bird and watch” stuff.

I would personally like to welcome back JVS and hope that WildBill stays on as well.  It is a bit of a disservice to delete old posts and cause now useless stuff to float up to the top of the Himalayan, UCE and Interceptor sections.

Apologies in advance for stepping in.....but this is a very valuable and rare forum that needs to be preserved with ongoing positivity and collegiality. Thanks.
2022 Continental GT 650 Dux Deluxe
2019 Himalayan Snow
2019 Interceptor 650 - Chrome...off the first boat!
Previous REs:
2021 Meteor 350 Supernova Blue
2014 Continental GT 535 - Red...lowest VIN off the first boat!
2010 Classic 500 - Teal Chrome

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #212 on: May 02, 2020, 11:22:34 am
geeze......I must have joined this group too late to get in on all this controversy.

I wasn't aware of any tension...

Coulda been fun!

Cookie

BRG-BIRD

• Bulleteer
Reply #213 on: May 02, 2020, 03:49:25 pm
Yes, I totally missed it as well. Seems to be two sides to every storyline  :)

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #214 on: May 02, 2020, 11:08:42 pm
Well, I always say there are three sides to every story...your side, my side, and the truth!

Cookie

Yes, I totally missed it as well. Seems to be two sides to every storyline  :)

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #215 on: May 03, 2020, 01:42:33 am
Mad4Bullets, thanks! Appreciate your feedback.

SSA GSS! It has been a while. Thank you for your kind words. Hope you and your family are doing well.

And I agree, let's get back to the positivity!  :D

Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

Mad4Bullets

• Grease Monkey
  • 2014 Classic 500
Reply #216 on: May 03, 2020, 04:07:28 am
Amen brother. Let's get back out there once again to learn and help one another on the forum. See you down the road. I'll be the smiling guy on the silver C5 wearing a $20 Timex.

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #217 on: May 03, 2020, 05:36:06 am
Agreed guy's- But remember there is a fine line and only one letter difference between GLOAT & GOAT! from the guy who also wears a Timex.
So moving on hopefully
2020 RE 650 GT (Mr Clean)
2014 C5
56 MGA
58 Healey 3000 (Resto in Progress)
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid
Tipo 184 Kit ordered & awaiting delivery for build👍

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #218 on: May 03, 2020, 08:01:26 am
Well, I always say there are three sides to every story...your side, my side, and the truth!

Cookie

Or , as most politicians would agree, " The truth of any matter, whilst no doubt interesting, is irrelevant" .

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #219 on: May 03, 2020, 10:37:13 am

Timex???
At least you can afford a watch...

my family was so poor, we had to jam a stick into the ground and use it as a sundial!

that is if we were lucky enough to even find a stick!

Cookie

Cookie
Amen brother. Let's get back out there once again to learn and help one another on the forum. See you down the road. I'll be the smiling guy on the silver C5 wearing a $20 Timex.

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #220 on: May 05, 2020, 06:01:31 am
Anybody who either
1) Knows Monty Python (Michael Palin is from my home City)🤣
2) Old enough to remember Ticka-Ticka TIMEX.........🤔
👍😀
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #221 on: May 05, 2020, 11:09:39 am

monty python , of course.

But I remember...the watch took a lickin' and it keeps on  tickin'...like when they strapped it to an airplane propeller!

Cookiie
Anybody who either
1) Knows Monty Python (Michael Palin is from my home City)🤣
2) Old enough to remember Ticka-Ticka TIMEX.........🤔
👍😀

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #222 on: May 05, 2020, 01:19:15 pm
Had forgotten about those adverts😀
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #223 on: May 13, 2020, 04:48:01 pm
Hi All
I have decided to return to the forum and here is the first reason. When I left I was in a bad state of health and had stated on this thread that I had been unwell for a period of time- how long. well roughly 9 weeks to date.
no I didn't have covid19 but was tested for that during the time I was hounded by several members from the forum before I decided to quit. I was also being tested for prostate issues and kidney function and had various tests/ultrasounds and xrays while I had to put up with the constant cyber bullying.

sure I had my say back but in most cases I only got excited when the other parties started the ball rolling.
so I decided the pressure was not worth the trouble and I would quit and go to youtube and just play about with my channel.
But it got worse. I was again followed from here and hit with numerous thumbs down on my channel by just one member and again it happened  tonight. the wife back tracked all my clips with single thumbs down and guess what -the person hitting the button well I know is from here BUT he is also from Australia.

now I wonder how many Australian have a gripe with me on here …..let me see?
I was happy to be out of here just playing about on the tube and forgetting this but this person couldn't let it go and you guys think that im the bad guy. it's a pretty weak act I think even by aussie standards.

so if I have to put up with that crap I might as well return and stay here too.
now while I am at it. the second bit

any-one I have offended in the past - please accept my apology for any remarks regardless if I said them back in defence or not. I have also decided I will not get involved with negative comments as I have enough issues health wise of my own.
I plan to put back any of the old threads I removed from the forum and in the future I have taken all the previous remarks in all threads good and bad into a/c and will post either royal enfield related info only …..and NO OTHER MATERIAL WHAT-SO-EVER that includes cars/watches or birds. nothing!

plus if I don't think I know roughly the answer I wont comment there either.

if it wasn't for those thumbs down in all honesty ...I was gone! but I did like this forum so if I have to take the negative hits on the tube ..I am coming back. probably not what you all want to hear but

Tinker55

• Scooter
Reply #224 on: May 13, 2020, 05:11:48 pm
I'm a new member but it's good to see you're back; have read through a number of your posts and found them very informative and useful.
And uhm, just ignore the one or two negatives you may occassionaly get on a post; if there's one lesson I've learned over the years it is that there is no way you can please everyone!

best,
Erik
2020 Int 650