Author Topic: Washington State Bullet owners?  (Read 348664 times)

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #495 on: July 31, 2011, 06:28:10 am
Amazing! That's why I laugh when I see the "Trials" kit for the Bullet. Our engines weigh more than a modern trials bike.

Oh yeah, trials bikes are a gas-gas!   ;D
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #496 on: August 05, 2011, 04:49:01 pm
Vintage racing at The Farm.  August 13th and 14th.  PARTLY CLOUDY AND NO RAIN PREDICTED.  PERFECT WEATHER! ;D  We can meet Saturday morning at Vince's and rid out together.  I would like to leave Vince's no later than 9AM.  It's a nice ride from Vince's to the Farm, or if you like we can meet at the Farm.  Watch the Vintage Observed Trials Saturday, stay the night, if you like, and Sunday, watch the Vintage Motocross.  There is a $10 cover charge for each day, but no charge for camping.  A good time is guaranteed for all.  ;)

See web sites for more information:

http://www.ahrma.org/Calendar.htm#trial

http://www.ahrma.org/Calendar.htm#vmx

Royal Enfield people are good people.

Cheers,
Bill

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #497 on: August 05, 2011, 11:57:35 pm
     I'll be at the store about 8 AM and put on a pot of coffee!

500KsGerry

• Grand Gearhead
  • Remember when decency wasn't a option?
Reply #498 on: August 06, 2011, 07:40:46 am
Can't make it  this  time. Daughter and grand daughter  will  e  here  then.  Sorry I  will  miss ya Wild Bill
Modified 2001 Royal Enfield bullet 500

mikail gransee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #499 on: August 10, 2011, 03:19:00 pm
Any one want to come to "My side of the water" for this?
-"ONCE YOU STOP CONTRIBUTING, YOU BEGIN TO DIE",   -ELENOR ROOSEVELT

1999 Enfield Bullet
1977 Yamaha xs360 TD
1978 Yamaha xs 400 D
2005 Yamaha YZF 600R
2007 Honda CBR 1000RR

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #500 on: August 11, 2011, 05:18:06 am
If they have that bike on the flyer there I'd be very tempted.  I saw a 5 cylinder radial in the front wheel at 'The Art of the Motorcycle' show.  It had no clutch to speak of.  If it was running the bike was moving.  Guess that was ok back in the days of country roads and no stop signs/lights.  Or not ;)

Scott

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #501 on: August 11, 2011, 05:50:14 am
In the very early years of motorcycles (1892)  there was a 5 cylinder Millet rotary engined bicycle with the engine built into the rear wheel and a tricycle with the engine built into the front wheel.

These are mentioned in "The World of Motorcycles an illustrated encyclopedia" but not a great deal is said except the weight of the engines cylinders which were bolted directly to the rim of the wheel and rotated with it produced huge gyroscopic forces that made turning difficult.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

mikail gransee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #502 on: August 11, 2011, 03:57:18 pm
Vintage racing at The Farm.  August 13th and 14th.  PARTLY CLOUDY AND NO RAIN PREDICTED.  PERFECT WEATHER! ;D  We can meet Saturday morning at Vince's and rid out together.  I would like to leave Vince's no later than 9AM.  It's a nice ride from Vince's to the Farm, or if you like we can meet at the Farm. 

You still doing this...I am up for a ride this Saturday and will be down in that area anyway. ;)

1999 Enfield Bullet
1977 Yamaha xs360 TD
1978 Yamaha xs 400 D
2005 Yamaha YZF 600R
2007 Honda CBR 1000RR

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #503 on: August 11, 2011, 06:06:10 pm
Vintage racing at The Farm.  August 13th and 14th.  PARTLY CLOUDY AND NO RAIN PREDICTED.  PERFECT WEATHER! ;D  We can meet Saturday morning at Vince's and rid out together.  I would like to leave Vince's no later than 9AM.  It's a nice ride from Vince's to the Farm, or if you like we can meet at the Farm.  Watch the Vintage Observed Trials Saturday, stay the night, if you like, and Sunday, watch the Vintage Motocross.  There is a $10 cover charge for each day, but no charge for camping.  A good time is guaranteed for all.  ;)

See web sites for more information:

http://www.ahrma.org/Calendar.htm#trial

http://www.ahrma.org/Calendar.htm#vmx

Royal Enfield people are good people.

Cheers,
Bill

I was really hoping to go this year, but my wife just had surgery on Monday, so I won't be going anywhere.  Be sure to take some pictures though!

Eamon
Eamon

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #504 on: August 11, 2011, 06:58:38 pm
Sidetrack and way in the future...

Anyone going to the International Motorcycle Show in Seattle this year?  Last year it fell on my son's birthday weekend but this year it's not.  I'm hoping I can convince my wife to pack up the little guy and head up.  Maybe we can stay over Saturday night and spend some time at the show and some time in Seattle that weekend.  If we go I'd love to meet up with some of the Washington riders.

Scott

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #505 on: August 12, 2011, 06:47:04 am
Sidetrack and way in the future...

Anyone going to the International Motorcycle Show in Seattle this year?  Last year it fell on my son's birthday weekend but this year it's not.  I'm hoping I can convince my wife to pack up the little guy and head up.  Maybe we can stay over Saturday night and spend some time at the show and some time in Seattle that weekend.  If we go I'd love to meet up with some of the Washington riders.

Scott
Great idea!  Let's plan to meet up Saturday, perhaps for a meal before going in.  It is not practical to expect all of us to stay together in the "candy store" of motorcycles and accessories there.  The weather is usually not conducive for group rides in December, but we can do dinner and swap lies.

mikail gransee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #506 on: August 12, 2011, 02:31:25 pm
Sounds cool..    8). Should try meeting up at Smarty Pants in Georgetown. Been there a couple of times now and more of a "biker hangout"... ;)

1999 Enfield Bullet
1977 Yamaha xs360 TD
1978 Yamaha xs 400 D
2005 Yamaha YZF 600R
2007 Honda CBR 1000RR

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #507 on: August 12, 2011, 03:53:00 pm
Sounds cool..    8). Should try meeting up at Smarty Pants in Georgetown. Been there a couple of times now and more of a "biker hangout"... ;)
Hey, I just rode by there the other day and noticed the place for the first time.

Keep in mind that the weekend of the IMS in Seattle usually has cold weather and sometimes has snow. 

mikail gransee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #508 on: August 12, 2011, 03:58:07 pm
Hey, I just rode by there the other day and noticed the place for the first time.

Keep in mind that the weekend of the IMS in Seattle usually has cold weather and sometimes has snow. 

I know....bbut here was frost on my car window this morning...urggg  I need to go back down south...

1999 Enfield Bullet
1977 Yamaha xs360 TD
1978 Yamaha xs 400 D
2005 Yamaha YZF 600R
2007 Honda CBR 1000RR

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #509 on: August 12, 2011, 08:02:17 pm
I'm sure we'll split inside the show but it would be nice to meet up.  Maybe lunch?  I'll probably have the little guy with me which doesn't lend itself well to long, late dinners.

Scott