Author Topic: Itchy Boots' new luggage  (Read 20714 times)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 01:29:12 am
Itchy Boots published a new video today (Sept 15) showing the taller windshield she bought.
It looks like it should help reduce the "wind in the face" problem other riders are having with the stock windshield.

Speaking of wind in the face: I bought one of these Chinese-made universal clip-on wind deflector/spoilers off of Amazon for only $26, no sales tax (a nice deal when you buy something from California) and free shipping.  It really did a good job of wind cutting noise while riding my BMW R1200RS at high speed today. Well worth the price, however it did take two weeks to arrive. Photos attached.

Now I will have to check out Noraly's new video.   :)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #16 on: September 16, 2019, 02:54:56 am
[...Snip!]

She then has to survive the millions of shitheads we've allowed to flourish here in the U.S..

Hey! I resemble that remark!
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #17 on: September 17, 2019, 05:49:07 pm
Here's a link to Noraly's latest blog where she tells us about three of her adventures that weren't shown on her videos.

https://www.itchyboots.com/motorcycle-stories-blog/three-untold-stories-from-my-asia-europe-solo-motorcycle-ride
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: September 17, 2019, 08:56:19 pm
Thanks for the link and the blog reminder Arizoni. Not stopped there for a while. A good read.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #19 on: September 23, 2019, 08:06:15 pm
   There's a new one out today.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: September 25, 2019, 03:20:03 am
First of all, you HAVE to have money to travel like that. Many adventure riders on advrider.com have sold everything they own, including their home, car, and all their possessions and just took off. And many of them are constantly stopping to make videos. I don't care where her money comes from. Maybe she has a rich uncle. A support crew would not go over real well. I hope that is not the case. Don't forget Lois Lane.

I have just started getting into her videos. I have a LONG way to go. Does anyone know if there is one where she has a flat tire on the Himalayan, and fixes it herself?
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: September 25, 2019, 12:27:50 pm
First of all, you HAVE to have money to travel like that. Many adventure riders on advrider.com have sold everything they own, including their home, car, and all their possessions and just took off. And many of them are constantly stopping to make videos. I don't care where her money comes from. Maybe she has a rich uncle. A support crew would not go over real well. I hope that is not the case. Don't forget Lois Lane.

I have just started getting into her videos. I have a LONG way to go. Does anyone know if there is one where she has a flat tire on the Himalayan, and fixes it herself?

She did sell her house and everything else she had to before the trip of a hundred and 20 some odd almost daily videos.

One thing I would suggest is that you just commit to watching ALL of her trip videos in order. There is no other way to really get into and understand what this girl accomplished all by herself. She earned every penny of whatever people donated to her of their own free will.

I think she's a credit to women and girls everywhere and, no, she had no back-up crew. There was never even a "hint" of a back-up crew anywhere in any of the whole trip. She also dealt with all the customs and border regs and paper BS herself; a nightmare which I, personally, could never dream of doing. I'd end up in jail the way I deal with pompous authority and bureaucracy.     
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:31:06 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: September 26, 2019, 02:23:02 am
As I recall, she had a flat tire but she wasn't that far from a town.  People stopped and helped her get in touch with the guys who actually changed the tire.

To me, that's one of the things that's amazing to me.  We read almost daily about how people around the world are no damn good yet, everyone she has had dealings with are honest and go out of their way to be helpful.  If for no other reason than that, her videos are worth watching.
For instance, we hear about those terrible people in Iran all the time but a Iranian family helped her rescue her motorcycle after the clutch plates gave out (because the clutch cable was not long enough after she changed the handlebars).  They even put her up for the night and fed her well and there were big hugs when she left them.

As I was watching her videos I kept telling my wife where she was each time she entered a new country.  My wife's response was, "She's crazy.  She is surrounded by nuts and killers and people who don't like her because she is foreigner in their country!!!  Their going to kill her."

When I told my wife Noraly was going to ride from the southern tip of South America she said, "Thru all of that deadly jungle?  And what about all of those drug lords?  They will kill her for sure!"

By all means, do watch each and every video in order.  Many of the things she did are amazing.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 02:27:34 am by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: September 26, 2019, 01:59:14 pm
As I recall, she had a flat tire but she wasn't that far from a town.  People stopped and helped her get in touch with the guys who actually changed the tire.

To me, that's one of the things that's amazing to me.  We read almost daily about how people around the world are no damn good yet, everyone she has had dealings with are honest and go out of their way to be helpful.  If for no other reason than that, her videos are worth watching.
For instance, we hear about those terrible people in Iran all the time but a Iranian family helped her rescue her motorcycle after the clutch plates gave out (because the clutch cable was not long enough after she changed the handlebars).  They even put her up for the night and fed her well and there were big hugs when she left them.

As I was watching her videos I kept telling my wife where she was each time she entered a new country.  My wife's response was, "She's crazy.  She is surrounded by nuts and killers and people who don't like her because she is foreigner in their country!!!  Their going to kill her."

When I told my wife Noraly was going to ride from the southern tip of South America she said, "Thru all of that deadly jungle?  And what about all of those drug lords?  They will kill her for sure!"

By all means, do watch each and every video in order.  Many of the things she did are amazing.

I really hope that Noraly's luck with the people she meets and when crossing national borders continues.  But riding through Central America and portions of Mexico might not be as welcoming as she experienced in the Middle East and is likely going to strain that string of luck.   ???  I also wonder how often she will have internet service in places like Patagonia and when riding though the Central American jungle? This is going to be quite an adventure, but I assume that she is aware of the potential difficulties and is up to the challenge.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: September 26, 2019, 03:34:48 pm
I really hope that Noraly's luck with the people she meets and when crossing national borders continues.  But riding through Central America and portions of Mexico might not be as welcoming as she experienced in the Middle East and is likely going to strain that string of luck.   ???  I also wonder how often she will have internet service in places like Patagonia and when riding though the Central American jungle? This is going to be quite an adventure, but I assume that she is aware of the potential difficulties and is up to the challenge.

These are exactly my same worries. There are some really, genuinely, BAD folks down there and there are no social restraints let alone any kind law enforcement protection or ANY kind of protection of ANY kind. She could literally be disappeared from the face of the earth and nothing would ever be revealed.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: September 28, 2019, 01:05:59 am
I don't belong to Facebook but I do check on Noraly's page to see what she's up to.

She had some repainting done on her new motorcycle and I'm not sure I like it due to the areas she is going to be traveling thru.

Call me a worry wart but, on the side of the fuel tank it now says, "ITCHY BOOTS".  :(

When she was riding a basically unmarked motorcycle, she was just another biker riding thru and parking on the sidestreets or in a parking area.  Nothing special here.
Now, anyone who has seen or heard of her videos will know exactly who she is and there are people in this world who would gladly kidnap her and hold her for ransom.

Anyway, when she starts her trip in a few weeks or so, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for her.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: September 28, 2019, 01:13:46 am
I don't belong to Facebook but I do check on Noraly's page to see what she's up to.

She had some repainting done on her new motorcycle and I'm not sure I like it due to the areas she is going to be traveling thru.

Call me a worry wart but, on the side of the fuel tank it now says, "ITCHY BOOTS".  :(

When she was riding a basically unmarked motorcycle, she was just another biker riding thru and parking on the sidestreets or in a parking area.  Nothing special here.
Now, anyone who has seen or heard of her videos will know exactly who she is and there are people in this world who would gladly kidnap her and hold her for ransom.

Anyway, when she starts her trip in a few weeks or so, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for her.

I have to agree with your comments.  I'll keep my fingers crossed, too.  Best of luck to Noraly.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: September 28, 2019, 12:36:37 pm
     I'll just say I totally ditto what Arizoni and Richard say below. This is very worrysome.

I too would have advised her not to "label" or "brand" herself or the bike. These scumbags are everywhere where she is going this time and they are very aware of things due to the ubiquitous information internet. They could very easily plan where and when to grab her and she would just "disappear".

Starry eyed people who aren't aware of what's going in the world nowadays might not think this is a big deal, but it is. Hundreds of people just disappear every day because the scumbags learn how to do it better from their experience of what works and what doesn't just as we have taught the cartels over the past 30 years how to be better drug dealers. Our "government" has taught them how to do it better day by day with our ridiculous trillion dollar war on drugs (and other ridiculous, naive, useless idiocy) and other policies that have never worked and never will, but let's keep doing it - it keeps us getting reelected.

I won't say any more except Good Luck Noraly.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 12:39:48 pm by tooseevee »

hatrack

• Scooter
Reply #28 on: September 29, 2019, 07:24:29 pm
i can't seem to find the post about Itchy's taller windscreen....

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: September 30, 2019, 01:28:46 am
Follow this link to the Itchy Boots video where Noraly installs her new windshield.
She said she could only find one place on the web that sells it and I don't think she said where to look for it.

Anyway, she starts talking about her windshield at about 1 minute 30 seconds into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeHUZ0-Fr5c
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe