Author Topic: 15 days on the Hindustan Tibet Road  (Read 1615 times)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
on: July 01, 2022, 07:28:59 pm
After 2 years of Pandemic cancellations, myself and a local fellow Enfielder / Forum member will be on our way to the Himalayas in just a few more weeks.   :) “Third year’s the charm” as we now say, lol! Last I heard, about a month ago, there were only 4 of us going, maybe a few more by now, but I’m sure there’s still plenty of room for more if anyone is interested.  ??? Some highlights are as follows;

15 days duration, departing from Manali India through the Spiti region, then up to Leh, crossing 5 of the highest motorable passes in the world including the infamous Khardungla (said to be the highest, may no-longer actually be the #1 in the world, but close enough for me), visiting and staying in multiple 1000 + year old Buddhist Monasteries, overnight at Lake Pangong.  8)

The inclusion of Spiti Valley Circuit makes this tour one of the longer and more unique ones. Many tours do not include Spiti, but as I understand it is really incredible in there and well worth the extra time and effort to see. The way I figure it, I’m not getting any younger, and who knows if I will ever be able to make it back again, so I don’t want to miss anything as long as I’m there!    ::)

By dealing straight with the Indian tour company (Epic Moto Tours) the cost is about half of what the Western companies charge, which just happens to be about all I can afford. And of course, it’s Royal Enfield all the way. I’ll be on a Bullet or Classic. Himalayans are also available.  ;)

Youtube channel;
https://www.youtube.com/c/Epicmototours/videos

Trans-Himalayan Tour;
The website says 11 days in the heading, but it is 15 days as seen in the Itinerary. Also the dates shown are from the last Pre-Pandemic tour. This year’s dates are 7-29-22 to 8-12-22.
https://epicmototours.com/
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 10:48:10 pm
At the airport, Bon voyage, Har Har Mahadev! 8)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 11:55:18 am
At the airport, Bon voyage, Har Har Mahadev! 8)

Will you guys be videoed daily?

Please keep us updated one way or another.

I ride vicariously with you guys who can still ride. Much luck to you.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 11:59:03 am by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Karl Childers

• Ghost in the machine.
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 12:32:17 am
For many years my dream was to go to India, rent a Bullet and ride the northern part of the country and the Himalaya's. The chances of that grow more remote each year but I haven't completely given up on the idea. Have a great time!

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 11:55:40 am
For many years my dream was to go to India, rent a Bullet and ride the northern part of the country and the Himalaya's. The chances of that grow more remote each year but I haven't completely given up on the idea. Have a great time!

It's been a month now so it looks like he wasn't hooked up internetwise or videowise.

That would be my choice also. It's not easy to videotape AND enjoy just "the trip". I couldn't do it, but I'm sure glad that some do.

I've been on trips vicariously on every kind of 2 or 3 wheel vehicle imaginable to everywhere that anybody could possibly get to. Hundreds of them, I guess. Some are totally boring (50 minutes of 2 or 4 lane highway thru the handlebars), some do nothing but bitch & moan about how difficult it is & 3 or 4 have held my interest for years (Noraly, Charlie Sinewan & Ed March of C90 Adventures).   

Ed & Noraly just met up again recently in Moab while her ankle heals. They did some sand-blasting in a 4-wheeler.

Noraly has become an excellent videographer since her first trip. She has learned from feedback how to keep you watching.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Karl Childers

• Ghost in the machine.
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 01:45:33 pm
Ted Simon's book "Jupiter's Travels" got me interested in adventure riding over 20 years ago. While I never had the money or time to leave my responsibilities to ride around the world India and the Himalayas seemed in the realm of possibilities. I got hooked on Itchy Boots last year but lost my internet for 3 weeks recently and now I'm behind on episodes, I did see that she got hurt but I don't want to jump ahead so I'm working up to the current videos. Noraly never fails to impress me with her riding and her attitude along with her ability to find amazing out of the way scenic and historic wonders as she travel. I think her ability to speak Spanish has made this trip all that much better as it has allowed her to interact on a more personal level with the locals in each country along the way. I followed the CT 90's adventures as well, amazing what you can do on a really small bike if you put your mind to it! Like you I find watching these younger people out there doing it fun and it gives me a feel for what trips like that would be like!