Author Topic: SG 650 TWIN CONCEPT-EICMA 2021  (Read 757 times)

Ferdi

• Scooter
  • Interceptor 650 Chrome/ Meteor Stellar Black
on: December 03, 2021, 09:20:52 pm
Thi's my video about this Concept from Royal Enfield. I see it in Eicma 2021.
I honestly didn't like it very much. The general impression that there is some kind of MIX that sometimes doesn't follow a logical line.
What you think about it?

https://youtu.be/aPTREu-7gAA
Emotions are difficult to describe, better "live them"

Voun

• Camembert électrique
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2021 Interceptor
Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 09:46:31 pm
I'd like it with a chrome tank, high handlebars, a bigger headlight, lovely chromed and thinner mufflers, and beautiful spoked rims too ...
Well, a bit like my Interceptor in fact  ;D
By the way, a question, I find that the headlight is too low compared to the upper triple, has anyone succeed in lifting up the instruments in order to lift up the headlight ? I'd like to do this but the Neiman is a problem for me ...
Thanks for the video Ferdi !

supercub

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 12:11:31 am
Here is pretty decent write up on the SG with good pics. I like the Endy grips and the aluminum controls. They say that the tank is aluminum, as well as the headlight nacelle, which is pretty neat.I think like it. I would put the mirrors upright though. And for the exhaust, I would have to paint it in ceramic silver at the minimum, or replace with something less clunky looking.

https://ridermagazine.com/2021/11/29/royal-enfield-sg650-concept-first-look-review/
2021 Conti GT650 "Ice Queen"
1965 Honda CB160
2016 Honda CB500
2019 Suzuki TU250
Other project bikes

Mort

• Only Mostly Dead
  • Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Interceptor 650
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 12:42:40 am
Concepts are always a bit out there. It's the actual production models that come from them that matter, and if the Super Meteor has that trick floating bobber seat and SOME (definitely not all) of the design features of this concept then it might be a cool bike.

I'm still surprised that they only showed the concept and not the production model at EICMA, though. I'm not really well versed on the motorcycle trade show schedule but from what I gathered that was Royal Enfield's best opportunity to unveil the Super Meteor to worldwide attention.

supercub

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 01:44:30 am
The Super Meteor is already obsolete. They had to show future states.
2021 Conti GT650 "Ice Queen"
1965 Honda CB160
2016 Honda CB500
2019 Suzuki TU250
Other project bikes

Ferdi

• Scooter
  • Interceptor 650 Chrome/ Meteor Stellar Black
Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 08:06:42 am
I tell you my truth: I didn't like seeing it live at all. It seems like a mix of many things with no real identity. Then those mirrors at the bottom I assure you that nothing can be seen from behind. Even the wheel rims are ugly and weigh down the line a lot, since they totally close the view beyond the bike.
Emotions are difficult to describe, better "live them"