Author Topic: Pegasus Edition  (Read 11259 times)

Othen

• Bulleteer
on: June 04, 2021, 07:24:47 am
Good morn,
I bought this very nice Pegasus edition (number 752) a few weeks ago, I really like it:

:-)

Alan

Antipodean Andrew

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 07:37:49 am
Great looking bike and it seems to be in excellent condition. I hope you have lots of fun with it.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 07:49:48 am
Great looking bike and it seems to be in excellent condition. I hope you have lots of fun with it.

I'm very happy with it - the motorcycle is in almost 'as new' condition, having done only 2,000 miles. I'm pleased to say it is a fun bike - I have 3 other bikes (Triumph, CCM and Suzuki) but have only really used this one since I bought it.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 07:56:43 am
... one small addition, this tiny screen:

It really doesn't change anything aerodynamically (and I don't think it detracts from the motorcycle's good looks), but I thought it might offer a little protection for my cell phone if I made a magnetic mount for it.

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 08:37:10 am
I bought one new, a brown one No 420, I've fitted a Hitchcock silencer and a DNA air filter and it runs and sounds much better.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 08:47:56 am
I bought one new, a brown one No 420, I've fitted a Hitchcock silencer and a DNA air filter and it runs and sounds much better.

That looks very good. I slightly prefer the green to the brown (because it reminds me of the colour we used when I first joined the Army).

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 02:38:03 pm
I have swapped the tiny screen for a black one:

... I think it suits the bike better, and accessories for Royal Enfield are so cheap (£12 delivered from that nice Mr Bazos). I suppose it is because they are largely manufactured for the third world, so that is what the market will stand.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 11:42:23 pm
i think the hitchcocks uk flyscreen looks good on any C5- i ran this exact unit on the B5 plus a few years back the same unit on the brown Pegasus. only real problem is the price...not really cheap but very well made.
but they do look almost factory and blend in well with the bike.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: June 05, 2021, 06:28:37 am
i think the hitchcocks uk flyscreen looks good on any C5- i ran this exact unit on the B5 plus a few years back the same unit on the brown Pegasus. only real problem is the price...not really cheap but very well made.
but they do look almost factory and blend in well with the bike.

That does indeed look very smart indeed!

Being a tightwad I'm sort of happy with the £12 one from Amazon :-)

Alan

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: June 05, 2021, 08:48:08 am
Nice and shiny Bill, Hitchcocks are selling Brake/clutch levers at £32.50 Ive just fitted some to my C5, these were listed at £82 in the 2019 catalogue, not sure what that is in oz dollars, and being shiny black they might suit yours.

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: June 05, 2021, 10:13:47 am
Nice and shiny Bill, Hitchcocks are selling Brake/clutch levers at £32.50 Ive just fitted some to my C5, these were listed at £82 in the 2019 catalogue, not sure what that is in oz dollars, and being shiny black they might suit yours.
That is adjustable levers, long and short.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: June 06, 2021, 01:11:44 am
i must admit there are time when the hitchcock items are a bit pricey once you add postage too.  ;D

symmo
thanks for the heads up. i might take a look at the adjustable levers. never ever thought of that one

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: June 06, 2021, 08:33:07 am
i must admit there are time when the hitchcock items are a bit pricey once you add postage too.  ;D

symmo
thanks for the heads up. i might take a look at the adjustable levers. never ever thought of that one
Bit of a bargain I reckon, as you say WildBill (H) can be a bit pricey, but I've never had to question the quality of their stuff.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: June 09, 2021, 07:59:14 am
I was looking for somewhere to attach a large ruggedised cell phone I have (King Kong brand - I normally use it for SATNAV and digital radio in my Volvo 244) and came up with this scheme to mount it inside the fly-screen I fitted a few weeks ago. First I made myself a cardboard template:

... and cut it out of 1.2mm aluminium sheet, bent the two ears that locate onto the fly-screen's mounting bolts and gave it a coat of black paint (whatever I found in the garage, I think this was Plastikote):

The fit behind the fly-screen was (even though I say so myself) quite good, so I added a single magnetic mount (the same type as I use for the 244's dashboard):

The motorcycle already had a USB port on the handlebars, which was convenient (although the cable needs to be tidied a bit):

Voila! I'll try this out later on today (it is a nice day here in Blighty):

I'm fairly happy with that. The magnetic mount works pretty well, but I may add a strap for a bit more security (and to stop some pikey making off with my ruggedised cell phone). For a total cost of a fiver (for a sheet of 1.2mm aluminium) that probably isn't a bad way of getting SATNAV in a weatherproof box, and with some Bluetooth headphones I could also have a bit of OBE (on bike entertainment).

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #14 on: June 09, 2021, 09:48:23 am
PS. I've just road tested the motorcycle with the cell phone perch - and that was an unqualified success. I added this elasticated band for a bit of extra security:

... and I'm pleased to say the King Kong phone stayed in place throughout. I just did about 5 miles of residential and A roads - up to 60 MPH, and could see the Google Maps display and directions all the way:

Another advantage is that I was able to calibrate the motorcycle's speedometer against the GPS, and found it to be reading 10% fast (which is fine - but I'm glad I know that).

« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 09:51:27 am by Othen »

cupoftee

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: June 13, 2021, 04:39:34 pm
Hi all you Pegasus owners.
New Post and would like to add that I'm an owner of 887.
Bought on Saturday 12th June.
Rides very nicely with only 924 miles on the clock. 2018 model, but was a bit surprised about the paint falling off the pannier rail. Only one so off to the powder coaters tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 05:16:43 pm by cupoftee »

Mark1971

• Scooter
  • Durham, UK, Classic 500
Reply #16 on: June 13, 2021, 08:32:25 pm
Check your phone camera after a ride. My 500 killed my phone cameras stability with all the vibration, I don't notice it but the phone obviously wasn't happy.
Mark from Durham, UK
Classic 500 - Battle green 2020
Moto Guzzi V7 853 2022

Keef Sparrow

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 08:57:12 pm
Check your phone camera after a ride. My 500 killed my phone cameras stability with all the vibration, I don't notice it but the phone obviously wasn't happy.
This is a known factor with Bullets. Mount your phone on your bike at your peril! The vibration from the 500 engine destroys the auto-focus gubbins in phones cameras. If you really need to use your phone as a satnav I suggest putting it in a tank bag with a clear window on top to insulate it from the engine vibes. The Beeline motorcycle satnav might be a good alternative solution. https://beeline.co/
Past: CB125-T2, T500, GT500, Speed Triple, 955i Daytona. Now: Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 500

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: June 15, 2021, 08:57:25 am
Hi all you Pegasus owners.
New Post and would like to add that I'm an owner of 887.
Bought on Saturday 12th June.
Rides very nicely with only 924 miles on the clock. 2018 model, but was a bit surprised about the paint falling off the pannier rail. Only one so off to the powder coaters tomorrow.
You can see in your photo the the canvass panniers have collapsed in at the top, I bought a couple of lengths 20mm x 3mm soft aluminium bar and folded it to make a frame to fit up inside the black covers, this holds the mouth of the pannier open, it stays in place because it is between the inner cover and the canvass, the lids are then a nice fit over the bags.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: June 16, 2021, 12:50:22 am
when i had my pegasus edition i just ran a small length of gaffa tape along the rail to avoid the paint rubbing issue. worked fine! worked fine on other C5's too when stapping bags directly to the railing

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 01:19:54 pm
A trip to Bénouville might be a nice run for it...

A.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_Bridge

Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

cupoftee

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: June 17, 2021, 07:43:32 am
Thanks for the tips guys.
I'm still smiling about getting this machine, now I have the Hitchcocks exhaust on, the noise is intoxicating.
We were chatting the other day about going to France, maybe next year when the world hopefully is in a better place.

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #22 on: June 18, 2021, 08:53:37 am
Thanks for the tips guys.
I'm still smiling about getting this machine, now I have the Hitchcocks exhaust on, the noise is intoxicating.
We were chatting the other day about going to France, maybe next year when the world hopefully is in a better place.
Perhaps get a few Pegasus riders together for a trip to France, I have only ever seen one other Pegasus when out and about and that was in 2018 when I bought mine new. My dealer said he had sold about 5 of them, I think because of the limited run of these they were bought for investment, there has been a couple on eBay for 6 & 7K.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #23 on: June 23, 2021, 06:37:27 am
Number 752:

I'm really happy with the motorcycle.

Alan

cupoftee

• Scooter
Reply #24 on: June 28, 2021, 05:25:48 am
I was emailing a bike shop in the UK before I purchased mine.
They have a new one in stock. Its not for sale. Last one they sold was for £10000.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #25 on: July 02, 2021, 09:04:49 pm
I was emailing a bike shop in the UK before I purchased mine.
They have a new one in stock. Its not for sale. Last one they sold was for £10000.

I saw a bike shop advertising one (as new, 3 years old of course) a few weeks ago for £9,000!

PS. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-details/202009234104400?include-delivery-option=on&sort=price-asc&radius=1501&postcode=nn188pf&make=ROYAL%20ENFIELD&model=CLASSIC%20MILITARY&advertising-location=at_bikes&page=1
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 09:50:27 pm by Othen »

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #26 on: July 02, 2021, 09:26:46 pm
I ordered some engine bars for my Pegasus a month or so ago, direct from a supplier in China. They arrived surprisingly quickly and were as cheap as chips (about £40 delivered, no import duty), but were of very disappointing quality. As you may see here, the right side bar would have fouled the exhaust pipe:

... so, I emailed the company to express my displeasure, and after a few very convivial exchanges it agreed a full refund and did not want the parts back. The refund was completed, and the bars sat in a box in my garage for about a month. This evening I thought I'd have a go a modifying the kit so it fitted my motorcycle.

The issue was the right side bar would always foul the exhaust if fitted as designed: flush with the engine plate, secured with the 1/2" frame bolt at the top and the two small unused holes at the bottom. My solution was to use a longer frame bolt (actually the one supplied in the kit - M12 rather that 1/2" but a pretty snug fit tensile bolt) and some spacers (that normally fit under the cylinder head bolts of a Volvo B21a car engine - never throw things away) as well as a couple of extra M12 nuts. The result was to offset the right bar outwards by about an inch, which worked perfectly:

... I hope you can see the difference in these two photos (I know, a close up photo would have been better...). I also had to find a longer M8 bolt for the lower engine plate hole, and a couple more nuts (one a nylock) to extend it outwards also. All this only took about half an hour - most of which was spent looking for bits and pieces that would fit in my various spare parts boxes. I think the result looks fine:

Everything is sturdy and the right hand engine bar no longer fouls the exhaust pipe. I started the motor and everything seems fine - although I have not taken the bike for a test ride yet.

Obviously the right hand engine bar sticks out about an inch further than the left, but that is not obviously apparent:

I think the kit looks pretty good on the motorcycle. Everything is firm and I suppose it would give some small protection from low speed shunts. The best part is the whole thing has been free!

I'll try the motorcycle out on the road over the next few days, and if all is well I think I'll keep the engine bars. What I may do is find a new and slightly longer (about 6") 1/2" tensile bolt to replace the M12 one that came with the kit. I know the difference is a gnats knacker (between 1/2" and M12), but that would be pretty sensible and cost very little).

« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 09:31:11 pm by Othen »

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #27 on: July 04, 2021, 08:30:55 am
Here are the two close up photos that I should have included above (but forgot). The first shows spacing the right hand engine bar out by about an inch using the supplied M12 bolt and a few big washers from my parts box:

... this works fine but looks just a little bit Heath Robinson for my liking, so I've ordered a 6.5" long 1/2" UNF bolt, nut and another nyloc nut to suit that will tidy it up so it looks like Mr Enfield meant it to be.

The lower one just needed a longer bolt and a few nuts. I may find a neat sleeve to act as a spacer and so dispense with the nuts:

... but there again, it works fine :-)

Alan

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #28 on: July 17, 2021, 12:41:00 pm
This is (I hope) the final, tidied up, manifestation of the Chinese engine bars modification.

The 1/2" UNF bolt showed up in the mail this morn so I swapped out the M12 one, added a few different spacers (similarly re-purposed from a Volvo B21a) and some nyloc nuts. I also fitted a proper sleeve and a more substantial nut and bolt to the lower fitting:

... overall I'm quite happy with the outcome. The right side bar sticks out an inch further than the left, but that hardly notices. The whole arrangement suits the bike well and would provide some small protection for low speed shunts. Best of all it was free (well, the bolt was about a fiver).

« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 12:43:03 pm by Othen »

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: July 17, 2021, 01:02:34 pm
Alan - stop posting and start B.B.Q.ing🤣🤣🤣🤣  Looks great by the way👍.
2020 RE 650 GT (Mr Clean)
2014 C5
56 MGA
58 Healey 3000 (Resto in Progress)
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid
Tipo 184 Kit ordered & awaiting delivery for build👍

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #30 on: July 17, 2021, 01:32:12 pm
Alan - stop posting and start B.B.Q.ing🤣🤣🤣🤣  Looks great by the way👍.

My son (Dan, aged 16) and I enjoyed doing that job together this morn.

Brian and Oli have just arrived - barbecue time :-)

cupoftee

• Scooter
Reply #31 on: July 21, 2021, 05:02:43 pm

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #32 on: July 22, 2021, 07:52:02 am
That's the bike they wouldn't sell, I suppose everyone sells eventually.

Well, it is the bike they didn't want to sell at £5,000 when it was new because they preferred to take a risk on it being worth £9,000 only 3 years later. I can see the logic behind that plan.

I think £9,000 would be the very top of the market for a Pegasus (although I have heard of them being offered at £10,000 they probably don't make that much), but they generally command much more than their price when new in 2018 (£6,000 to £7,500 is about the norm).

PS. This bike is being offered at £10,000: https://www.motorcycletrading.co.uk/used/bikes/royal-enfield

... and this one at £8,500 (a used bike from a private seller): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124816252606?hash=item1d0fa0debe:g:DmAAAOSw0bJg9Ix9
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 07:56:01 am by Othen »

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #33 on: July 25, 2021, 06:58:53 am

... and this one at £8,500 (a used bike from a private seller): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124816252606?hash=item1d0fa0debe:g:DmAAAOSw0bJg9Ix9

... there were no bids for the £8,500 private sale Pegasus; I suppose we can conclude the seller was a chancer hoping for a quick profit - and also that the market doesn't think these bikes are rare enough to be worth that much yet. I think the value of Pegasus edition bikes is about £6,000 at the moment; I suppose that may rise with time (although the supply may be fairly constant - I don't think these bikes are being ridden enough for much attrition.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #34 on: July 25, 2021, 04:14:01 pm
A Trip Out

Today was my first opportunity to take the RE out on a proper trip: from Northamptonshire north on the A1(M) to the S Yorks county line, then west to Melton and South through Leicestershire and Rutland back home. I suppose about 150 miles and around 3 1/2 hours. On the route North we were pushing it at 70 MPH, which proved to be just about the top cruising speed for the RE, the bike felt a bit flustered and uncomfortable at this speed. On the way back South I was in less of a hurry and kept to 60 MPH (even on the dual carriageway) - and all of a sudden everything made sense. The vibration largely disappeared, it was possible to see things in the mirrors and the bike felt comfortable and within its limits.

At up to 60 MPH the RE is a very nice bike; I particularly enjoyed the rural roads in Rutland:

It was very much a 1970s riding experience, but with far better brakes. When I got home nothing had fallen off, no fluids had been spilt, the motorcycle was still ticking over reliably and there was no burning smell coming from the clutch or brakes - so in that respect very different from the 1970s experience.

I really enjoyed riding the RE.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #35 on: August 08, 2021, 08:30:43 am
So many Pegasus owners seem to believe their bikes are worth rather more than they really are:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403036348393?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

... this chap wants bidding to start at a mere £6950 ($9645) - and I suspect thinks he might get more than that (my bet is there will be no bids at that price).

Ho hum.

Keef Sparrow

• Grease Monkey
Reply #36 on: August 08, 2021, 12:05:50 pm
So many Pegasus owners seem to believe their bikes are worth rather more than they really are:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403036348393?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

... this chap wants bidding to start at a mere £6950 ($9645) - and I suspect thinks he might get more than that (my bet is there will be no bids at that price).

Ho hum.
Serves 'em right! Bikes are for riding - not gathering dust as investments!
Past: CB125-T2, T500, GT500, Speed Triple, 955i Daytona. Now: Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 500

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: August 08, 2021, 02:29:23 pm
Alan - sounds like a nice ride- didvyou forget your passport to get in to Sth Yorkshire (my home area😀) My C5 sits pretty much same....90kmh HAPPY 100kmh NOT! just feels wrong / struggling which us why I bought the Can-Am Spyder - bright yellow and my wife calls it Bumble-Bee, and with my jacket I look like a Lime sitting on a Lemon🤣🤣
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #38 on: August 08, 2021, 10:01:06 pm
Serves 'em right! Bikes are for riding - not gathering dust as investments!

I was slightly relieved to see the auction didn’t get any bids. I hope that doesn’t sound like schadenfreude, it isn’t meant that way - rather I don’t like to see absurd price inflation

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #39 on: August 08, 2021, 10:09:01 pm
Alan - sounds like a nice ride- didvyou forget your passport to get in to Sth Yorkshire (my home area😀) My C5 sits pretty much same....90kmh HAPPY 100kmh NOT! just feels wrong / struggling which us why I bought the Can-Am Spyder - bright yellow and my wife calls it Bumble-Bee, and with my jacket I look like a Lime sitting on a Lemon🤣🤣

… as a southern boy I probably wouldn’t have got past the Yorkshire border police, so I had to jump the barbed wire fence just like Steve McQueen :-)

You are right about the Enfield’s cruising speed - it can be 70 MPH but as you say that just feels a bit wrong, like everything is working a bit too hard. It seems a bit odd having a 500cc road bike that only does 60 MPH comfortably, but that only adds to the 1970s riding experience.

I haven’t come across the Can-Am Spyder, I’ll look it up in a mo.

Alan

PS. Wow! The Can-Am Spyder is a 3 wheeler - it looks pretty cool. There are a few for sale here on eBay, so I suppose they must be available here in the UK, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one. I suppose it wouldn’t suite the British climate or roads. Does it have a reverse gear?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 10:14:21 pm by Othen »

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: August 09, 2021, 01:34:22 am
Hi Alan - and before I give any more details- SUITCASE DON'T READ🤣
YES reverse, pwr steering, ABS, Traction control (also linked into speed & steering angle for corners) but  WAY TOO MANY Electronics and things to trigger limp home mode😣 NO brake lever just a pedal which is weird and some guys add one in👍
Great for higher speed cruising will pull over 100kmh in 2nd if not careful as 990cc Rotax V Twin.... tends to be a love or hate for riders, near me it's either country lane (C5 or MGA) or FAST 110kmh straight roads and I want to be seen, stable and not hit up the arse doing 80-90!
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: August 09, 2021, 03:01:57 pm
Alan - 1956 and 2007!
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #42 on: August 10, 2021, 01:30:12 pm
Alan - 1956 and 2007!

Cool vehicles!!

mike_bike_kite

• Bulleteer
Reply #43 on: August 13, 2021, 09:24:33 pm
I also have a Pegasus and I'm very happy with it. If you're only using a screen to protect your phone and you're only using the phone for GPS then it might be worth looking at the Beeline Moto which is a simplified GPS in a dial that communicates with your phone via Bluetooth. I'll admit I haven't got one but have been considering one as they seem to get rave reviews. It's a bit more expensive with a silver case but it would look right at home on an Enfield.
2018 C5 Pegasus + NC750X + Vespa GT + Vespa GTS

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #44 on: August 14, 2021, 11:42:59 am
I also have a Pegasus and I'm very happy with it. If you're only using a screen to protect your phone and you're only using the phone for GPS then it might be worth looking at the Beeline Moto which is a simplified GPS in a dial that communicates with your phone via Bluetooth. I'll admit I haven't got one but have been considering one as they seem to get rave reviews. It's a bit more expensive with a silver case but it would look right at home on an Enfield.

Good morn,
What a cool gizmo, but a bit pricey at £200.
I've just bought one of these Givi cell phone cases for my Triumph:

... my regular iPhone fits perfectly and it seems to work very well indeed - I was going to connect it to some Bluetooth earbuds so I could use both the SATNAV and the cell phone.

For the Enfield I was thinking that I might get a second of the Givi fitting brackets:

That way I could swap the cell phone case from bike to bike, which would be a really good solution.

I really like the Pegasus, it is a really good bike as long as one isn't in too much of a hurry. The phone mounting I made probably isn't the right long term solution (although it was satisfying making it myself).

Alan

mike_bike_kite

• Bulleteer
Reply #45 on: August 14, 2021, 01:27:18 pm
I agree that £200 is a lot and that's why I don't have one but it does answer most peoples needs especially on classic bikes. It's also cheaper without the chrome surround. I do have a phone mount on my Honda and it works very well but I couldn't put it on the Enfield as I just think it looks out of place.

The new Enfield Meteor has a similar device to the beeline built into the dashboard - if they could release it as something that could be easily added to other models then I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper than the beeline. I'd guess that the beeline would be easier to use though. I also like that the beeline is USB charged so it would be easier to install and move between bikes.
2018 C5 Pegasus + NC750X + Vespa GT + Vespa GTS

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #46 on: August 14, 2021, 02:16:18 pm
I agree that £200 is a lot and that's why I don't have one but it does answer most peoples needs especially on classic bikes. It's also cheaper without the chrome surround. I do have a phone mount on my Honda and it works very well but I couldn't put it on the Enfield as I just think it looks out of place.

The new Enfield Meteor has a similar device to the beeline built into the dashboard - if they could release it as something that could be easily added to other models then I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper than the beeline. I'd guess that the beeline would be easier to use though. I also like that the beeline is USB charged so it would be easier to install and move between bikes.

I agree the Beeline does look smart, would work well and fit in with the Pegasus well. I suppose I may treat myself to the black version (£50 extra for a chrome bezel is a lot) sometime :-)

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #47 on: October 31, 2021, 05:16:27 am
I keep an eye on Pegasus prices from time to time, this one is ridiculous:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154665667014?hash=item2402cac9c6:g:PAwAAOSw0PBhViHG

... £10,000!

Surely this is madness.

Alan

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #48 on: October 31, 2021, 05:32:47 am

... £10,000!

Surely this is madness.

Alan

WTF! Are they serious or just taking a flyer....
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #49 on: October 31, 2021, 06:01:23 am
WTF! Are they serious or just taking a flyer....

It is hard to believe the dealer seriously expects to get that much, but there again they are rare and I suppose he is just hoping someone out there really wants the bike.

Here in the UK we seems to have too much money chasing too little stuff at the moment (I suspect you will have the same in Australia - and every other country that followed quantitative easing); that will lead to a dose of inflation for most currencies as the value of money falls, I think that is inevitable because the money supply has increased so much over the past 15 years.

This doesn't mean that Pegasus is worth £10,000!

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: October 31, 2021, 06:14:37 am
My Cheshire based mate is a Morgan owner, but being Scottish & myself Yorkshire- we both just shake our heads at some of the stuff/prices😣
That said given the market was why I threw the Spyder up at 20% premium over what I paid 18mths before.... add also said if: you need finance, permission to buy, low ball offer, or don't know what it is - DON'T CALL! Worked as NO tyre kickers or "can I have a go"👍😀 and paid full asking  price.....took the 20% out and spent rest on Mr Clean G.T.😀😀
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #51 on: October 31, 2021, 06:52:57 am
My Cheshire based mate is a Morgan owner, but being Scottish & myself Yorkshire- we both just shake our heads at some of the stuff/prices😣
That said given the market was why I threw the Spyder up at 20% premium over what I paid 18mths before.... add also said if: you need finance, permission to buy, low ball offer, or don't know what it is - DON'T CALL! Worked as NO tyre kickers or "can I have a go"👍😀 and paid full asking  price.....took the 20% out and spent rest on Mr Clean G.T.😀😀

It sounds like you had a very good deal there. Well done.

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: November 01, 2021, 01:53:18 pm
It sounds like you had a very good deal there. Well done.

Yup  - happy buyer, and space in garage for the C5 as well 👍
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #53 on: November 04, 2021, 06:03:38 am
Yup  - happy buyer, and space in garage for the C5 as well 👍

Sinclair C5?

PS. Just pulling your leg :-)

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: November 04, 2021, 08:17:52 am
Sinclair C5?

PS. Just pulling your leg :-)

🤣🤣🤣🤣 believe it or not....we have one on display at the Perth Motor Museum I volunteer at😣🤣 sadly we also have a Morris Marina! - fortunately they're part of the ones rotated regularly 👍
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #55 on: November 05, 2021, 01:45:32 pm
🤣🤣🤣🤣 believe it or not....we have one on display at the Perth Motor Museum I volunteer at😣🤣 sadly we also have a Morris Marina! - fortunately they're part of the ones rotated regularly 👍

... I read an article a while ago saying the Sinclair C5 was 30 years ahead of its time (that was gross paraphrasing on my part, but that was the sentiment). I suppose in a way it was - but the world wasn't ready for it.

It is hard to imagine the Morris Marina drawing the crowds :-)

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #56 on: November 05, 2021, 01:47:58 pm

... £10,000!

Surely this is madness.

Alan

... I don't know how much it actually sold for, but the ad for the £10,000 Pegasus edition has disappeared... it would appear it has sold. Scary!

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #57 on: November 05, 2021, 02:24:09 pm
Interestingly due to high import taxes in Aus, BMC / Leyland used to ship over "knock down kits" of lots of cars for assembly in Aus.....and seems they did a pretty GOOD job of it. From my memories of U.K Leyland it wouldn't be HARD to be better 🤣
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #58 on: November 05, 2021, 02:40:02 pm
Interestingly due to high import taxes in Aus, BMC / Leyland used to ship over "knock down kits" of lots of cars for assembly in Aus.....and seems they did a pretty GOOD job of it. From my memories of U.K Leyland it wouldn't be HARD to be better 🤣

Yes, I recall reading about final assembly taking place in Australia. I think in the past (probably 1970s) BMC cars were pretty popular in Australia and (somewhat amazingly) seemed to suit the conditions.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 02:55:37 pm by Othen »

Haggis

• Grand Gearhead
Off route, recalculate?

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #60 on: November 05, 2021, 04:42:16 pm
I'm not greedy if some is thinking of spending 10K on a Pegasus they can have mine for 6K.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #61 on: November 05, 2021, 08:56:08 pm
It's still available if you have deep pockets.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROYAL-ENFIELD-CLASSIC-500-PEGASUS-GREEN-VERY-LOW-MILEAGE-LTD-EDITION/154681428678?hash=item2403bb4ac6:g:PAwAAOSw0PBhViHG&pageci=f05e4dc9-3735-4d2e-b294-d1d54152d66b&redirect=mobile

Ah! I must have missed that, well done.

I'm sort of relieved - for a while I thought someone had actually paid 10 grand (or there about) for a Pegasus edition!

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #62 on: November 06, 2021, 03:46:12 am
Yes, I recall reading about final assembly taking place in Australia. I think in the past (probably 1970s) BMC cars were pretty popular in Australia and (somewhat amazingly) seemed to suit the conditions.

Aus built BMC / Leyland etc fetch better $$$ and not just patriotic- build and, generally, less rust - bit like California cars. They built many models inc MGA and MGB, minis, 1100's etc... Surprisingly long list.
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #63 on: November 07, 2021, 07:33:26 pm
Aus built BMC / Leyland etc fetch better $$$ and not just patriotic- build and, generally, less rust - bit like California cars. They built many models inc MGA and MGB, minis, 1100's etc... Surprisingly long list.

I’ve heard of Australian built Mini Mokes being imported to the UK (not that I know anything about Mokes),

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #64 on: November 07, 2021, 11:51:54 pm
I’ve heard of Australian built Mini Mokes being imported to the UK (not that I know anything about Mokes),

One favourite is to buy "Classics" here, restore, and then take to u.k for a trip / rally and SELL👍 MGTC/F & A's Minis, Triumphs....
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #65 on: November 13, 2021, 05:54:58 am
One favourite is to buy "Classics" here, restore, and then take to u.k for a trip / rally and SELL👍 MGTC/F & A's Minis, Triumphs....

People seem to buy anything here in the UK. I suppose there are a lot of us, and people have too much money making a good market for everything.

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #66 on: November 13, 2021, 06:41:26 am
People seem to buy anything here in the UK. I suppose there are a lot of us, and people have too much money making a good market for everything.

Good Mate (& MORGAN Nut) in Holmes Chappel (Cheshire) keeps me aware of prices across a range of classics and auction results- CRAZY Expensive or Cheap....
£1= $2 so I just double to compare sometimes similar usually BIG Difference on same.....
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #67 on: December 02, 2021, 09:55:39 am
Good Mate (& MORGAN Nut) in Holmes Chappel (Cheshire) keeps me aware of prices across a range of classics and auction results- CRAZY Expensive or Cheap....
£1= $2 so I just double to compare sometimes similar usually BIG Difference on same.....
Hello, I’m here across the pond. I own a Pegasus and two Morgans, a three wheeler and a plus 8. Dose that make me a Morgan nut? I know I’m a Enfield nut.
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #68 on: December 02, 2021, 10:15:24 am
Hello, I’m here across the pond. I own a Pegasus and two Morgans, a three wheeler and a plus 8. Dose that make me a Morgan nut? I know I’m a Enfield nut.

ABSOLUTELY 👍🤣🤣
Kevin & I wind each other up mercilessly- When I had the Esprit (gone due to sciatica 😣) he would remind me to park close to fire stations whilst I would send him Cuprinol Gift Vouchers. It started at college together, 40+ yrs ago, him with a Spitfire me with an A.H Sprite....
Closest I got to a Morgan was building a  Guzzi engined JZR trike, and have a Tipo184 on order, 56 MGA and restoring a  Big Healey BT7, C5 & Conti 650 - so a bigger nut????👍
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #69 on: December 02, 2021, 10:35:35 am

Hi Morgan 60 - Just Arrived from Kevin, am sure you've seen, but just in case..
https://youtu.be/a1vr851kfkI
and apologies for hijacking the thread guy's
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #70 on: December 13, 2021, 01:23:02 pm
I saw a bike shop advertising one (as new, 3 years old of course) a few weeks ago for £9,000!

PS. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-details/202009234104400?include-delivery-option=on&sort=price-asc&radius=1501&postcode=nn188pf&make=ROYAL%20ENFIELD&model=CLASSIC%20MILITARY&advertising-location=at_bikes&page=1

... it looks like this is still for sale, 5 months later, but the price is still £9,999. Perhaps the dealer will have to get a glass case made for it as a permanent exhibition :-)

Alan

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #71 on: December 18, 2021, 07:57:57 am
Hi Morgan 60 - Just Arrived from Kevin, am sure you've seen, but just in case..
https://youtu.be/a1vr851kfkI
and apologies for hijacking the thread guy's
Very nice Pegasus and in brown. I could only find a Pegasus in green here. A crazy price though.
REs I currently own:
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #72 on: October 03, 2022, 03:07:33 pm
... it looks like this is still for sale, 5 months later, but the price is still £9,999. Perhaps the dealer will have to get a glass case made for it as a permanent exhibition :-)

Alan

... still for sale 16 months later!

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #73 on: October 04, 2022, 08:59:43 am
My brown Pegasus was bought new in 2018 and has less than 3K on it, I know it's shameful but I have reached an age when perhaps a more easier type of transport fun would be more enjoyable so I have bought an MTB E-bike, push bike that is, and yes it is fun and I can pick it up if I end up in a ditch.
I fitted the Enfield with knobbly tyres so I could go green laning and surprisingly it handles very well, but a handful to manage in an awkward situation. I can't imagine selling it it still in like new condition with a lot of H's parts fitted, it sits there in the garage tempting me, I start it often one kick and it speaks to me, would I sell it? yeh 6K. Whats the weather like? where's my helmet?

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #74 on: October 15, 2022, 06:51:41 pm
I’ve been keeping a eye out for a brown One here in the US but four years now and still no luck.  So my green one will just have to do I guess. 
REs I currently own:
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #75 on: October 16, 2022, 04:35:28 pm
Well 5.5K British pounds will get you mine if you want to arrange shipping!!!! very low milage.

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #76 on: October 16, 2022, 05:27:29 pm
Well 5.5K British pounds will get you mine if you want to arrange shipping!!!! very low milage.

I wish it was that easy. About twenty years ago I imported some Guzzis and they had to be 30 years or older to do so.  Newer bikes needs to past US DOT and EPA testing. Costing tens of thousands of dollars. Then they need to be brought up to the US standers. Long story short the bike needs to be built for the US and certifications from the manufacturer as such.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 05:31:20 pm by Morgan65 »
REs I currently own:
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #77 on: January 28, 2023, 06:15:29 am
I’ve been keeping a eye out for a brown One here in the US but four years now and still no luck.  So my green one will just have to do I guess.

The green colour is very nice, and more in keeping with the military camouflage colour for us Brits.

Alan

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #78 on: January 28, 2023, 08:34:15 am
Yeh, but the brown ones fetch a higher price, and they are faster!!

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #79 on: January 29, 2023, 07:43:56 pm

Here we are, 18 months down the line, and that same Pegasus edition is still for sale at £9,000. One might imagine the dealer will realise it is overpriced.

Other dealers seem to have converged on about £6,500 as a reasonable price, I could find 3 examples for sale at around that price, here is one of them:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155296547936?hash=item2428654460:g:iEEAAOSw9ZhjkGu6&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsAmGFD67Uy8xG%2FymF7lE1Z8H6DlkfPJfczOpFeNCM9Klt2L0hDF%2Fa2TrxiWV3hW8gcubPAhUwuGLO0XfV1%2BUDQeY42QWsOs%2FONag%2BT%2BAwYG%2FKlhGSmulWAlc6BfAtXhSJ6aly3IQC4X2xHqL2q92ssLfAbeCKVf%2FynOj76KCALPB%2FvAt7J72g2kYG4k6W8UVOJah86mcSZQNOBaus6zgVJiZ8EtfOh23cwOqerywQ0SB%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8SnwvC_YQ

... perhaps Pegasus prices are a bit like house prices at the moment, they will keep dropping for a while yet.