Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Bullet with the UCE engine / Re: Engine won't start!
« Last Post by MrChris500 on Yesterday at 11:19:05 pm »
Bike still running really well after trying the hotter plug. Starting/ running issues gone 👌👌Thanks Freddy1!
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Rear Brake Failure
« Last Post by Dharmabum on Yesterday at 10:35:34 pm »
So after six pages of back and forth the mystery is still s mystery.
Campfire Talk / Re: Україна і Родина
« Last Post by GlennF on Yesterday at 09:58:33 pm »
Racing and war are similar in that in both cases you are pushing the limits of contemporary engineering.
Campfire Talk / Re: Turbo roundabout
« Last Post by GlennF on Yesterday at 09:56:07 pm »
There is a reason we do not have them in the great top end or outback ...

650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Michelin Road Classic tires
« Last Post by deadbat on Yesterday at 09:46:50 pm »
Not really. Cheap tires may have rock hard rubber that lasts forever, but traction will be pretty bad. Awesome tires might be soft as bubblegum and wear out quickly.

That is true, I guess you can't have both.
350 J Platform / Re: Classic 350, full service, some thoughts
« Last Post by Veloman on Yesterday at 09:04:49 pm »
30 odd years ago I travelled extensively in France on a fairly regular basis on a 1947 OHC Velocette.  It had a small toolbox in which I packed what I considered might be useful, a plug spanner, spare plug, repair patches for innertube, a couple of tyre levers and an adjustable spanner (and a solderless nipple for the clutch or brake cable)

I had no breakdown cover.

The few problems I encountered all led to meeting incredibly kind, helpful people and memories that have far outlasted the uneventful trips.  The most memorable was a broken crankpin 40 miles from Calais on a Sunday afternoon.  I still managed to get to work the following morning even if I did have to return to the Dover port police to pick up my bike!

My advice, take sensible precautions but don't overthink it.  Enjoy the adventure and see what happens!
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Belt drive conversion?
« Last Post by Wrenchjockie on Yesterday at 08:43:56 pm »
Interested in hearing from the folks who have done the belt conversion. Wondering if the bike seems smoother? Quieter? Better gas mileage?
I posted pics of a belt conversion I’m doing on the Thruxton R list, and the pinheads lost their minds. Couldn’t understand why I’d do it. refused to believe the bike was better, belted.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Spectacular riding today in Connecticut
« Last Post by JohnLA on Yesterday at 08:28:53 pm »
Today we were taken on what I would describe as one of the best, entertaining rides i have done in a long time. Led by our forum member Mark Zimmerman we started at the Putnam diner on Route 22 in New York. NJ Mike, Reading Rider, agagliardi(that's me) and Mark (of course) enjoyed several hours of scenic curves, dips, nature and scenery through western Connecticut. Mark knows all the best roads, as well as the local events. Keep a look out for our next ride, and join in for some great riding and friendship.

That sounds like a real good time. Bravo to Mark, and to all of you for getting together and making it happen.  :)
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Michelin Road Classic tires
« Last Post by Island Rider on Yesterday at 08:03:08 pm »
I might be dreaming, but I thought that if I can get 9000 miles from a stock Ceat then surely I can get the same from a "premium" Avon, Bridgestone or Michelin.
Not really. Cheap tires may have rock hard rubber that lasts forever, but traction will be pretty bad. Awesome tires might be soft as bubblegum and wear out quickly.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Rear Brake Failure
« Last Post by Island Rider on Yesterday at 08:01:26 pm »
I have the bike back now, the brakes work fine :D
Not that I care that much, but the new calipers have no logo on them. I am now safe to drive in the salty snow and slush, which I probably won't do much of, and safe from salt air, which I can't avoid.
I never did find out why the rear brakes failed, but new calipers and new fluid fixed whatever the issue was.

Rear brake is out again   >:(
Back to the dealer it goes for fix number 2.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10