Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
650 Twin - Interceptor/GT / Re: Project 5.3 (expanded fuel tank)
« Last Post by NVDucati on Today at 02:48:46 am »
Tunnel base fit up:
You can see how much space(volume) is taken by the tunnel.
650 Twin - Interceptor/GT / Re: "BSA" Gold Star 650 revealed.
« Last Post by gizzo on Today at 02:43:38 am »
Well, the je ne sais quo  of the "snood" can be difficult to define, but according to research done by University of Mississippi's Dr. Richard Buchholz [Source: Google], "In addition to uncovering a non-sexual function for the brightly colored, bare head of the male (which is crucial for maintaining sub-lethal body temperatures under warm ambient conditions and during physical exertion), my work also demonstrated that one aspect of male head ornamentation, the frontal process, or snood, is subject to both inter-sexual and intrasexual selection. Captives prefer to mate with long snooded males, and during dyadic interactions, males deferred to males with relatively longer snoods. These results were demonstrated using both live males and controlled artificial models of males."

Hence, according to Dr. Buchholz' research, the females prefer a long snood for their gobbler. But what is the genetic advantage of a long snood?

Dr. Buchholz continues:

"In the wild the long snooded males preferred by females and avoided by males seemed to be resistant to coccidia infection."

And isn't THAT a relief for those blessed with truly ponderous prodigious snood!

I trust that clears this up.
Nar, it's just a knot you use to tie a fish hook to a line.

you're welcome.
650 Twin - Interceptor/GT / Re: Project 5.3 (expanded fuel tank)
« Last Post by NVDucati on Today at 02:42:42 am »
First fitting mock up:

« Last Post by Bilgemaster on Today at 02:37:16 am »
O.k Bilge- what the Hell is a snood?

Well, the je ne sais quack  of the "snood", being neither duck nor drake, can be challenging to define, but according to research done by University of Mississippi's Dr. Richard Buchholz [Transcription Source: Google, edited for length], "In addition to uncovering a non-sexual function for the brightly colored, bare head of the male (which is crucial for maintaining sub-lethal body temperatures under warm ambient conditions and during physical exertion), my work also demonstrated that one aspect of male head ornamentation, the frontal process, or snood, is subject to both inter-sexual and intrasexual selection. Captives prefer to mate with long snooded males, and during dyadic interactions, males deferred to males with relatively longer snoods. These results were demonstrated using both live males and controlled artificial models of males."

Hence, according to Dr. Buchholz' research, the females prefer a long snood for their gobbler. But what is the genetic advantage of a long snood?

Dr. Buchholz continues:

"In the wild the long snooded males preferred by females and avoided by males seemed to be resistant to coccidia infection."

And isn't THAT a relief for those blessed with truly ponderous prodigious snood!

I trust that clears this up.
Maybe sometimes we need to park individuals idiosyncrasies for the content? Personally on Stu's videos I "slide along until I see the WORK begin", and then take the info.... I have Small engine bars & Sump guard to fit and his video showed why you don't need to be anxious (Yes some of us are when taking spanners to a new bike with threads of variable quality) and he acknowledges that rather than being dismissive. Given that the Indian instructions are only mildly better than Chinese, I am happy for ANY ASSISTANCE.  Add in doing the lettering on crankcases etc... and I'm happy to put up with his idiosyncrasies 👍
Thi's my video about the New Classic 350 see for the first time in Eicma 2021 in Milan Italy.
Very nice and I'm so happy for the return back for this iconic Royal Enfield.
Soon the Test drive....
English sub

https://youtu.be/8QTU8dqmhtk

I appreciate the video! What are the Classic 350 trims available for the western market? They must have been released. Where can they be found?
« Last Post by gizzo on Today at 02:02:58 am »

With Norton going into production that brings back the British Big 4 if in name only. May very well go on sale first in the UK even before India.

Bringing back the Norton Big 4, for sure!!
« Last Post by 20MarkIII on Today at 01:56:56 am »
Seeing a few more YT vids from the show and Andy, TMF has a good one. Walk around views and shows the various color schemes of the new Gold Star. In the comments he states that after speaking with the BSA reps price should be in the 5000-7000 range. I'm presuming that's British Pounds. I think it's a nice looking bike.
With Norton going into production that brings back the British Big 4 if in name only. May very well go on sale first in the UK even before India.
650 Twin - Interceptor/GT / Re: Leather Seat
« Last Post by dickim on Today at 01:48:12 am »
You got to Love a forum where a post about seat materials turns onto a lengthy lyric discussion!

Especially when the BUTT (Pun intended) of the limerick (me) joins in👍🤣 Too many people take themselves too seriously 😣 Love the way this forum Wefts and Weaves...
Campfire Talk / Re: YouTube suggestions?
« Last Post by gizzo on Today at 01:20:30 am »
I can't stop watching episodes of this:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN72nQrWhDnppts-lNnlKQ
It's becoming a problem, I'm not getting any work done  ;D.

I wish I had a video of when I pulled the son in law's T5 from his Commodore ute to change the clutch. It's the first time I ever had a clutch pour out on my head as the gearbox slid back  ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10