Author Topic: Royal Enfield product reviews  (Read 77135 times)

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #300 on: November 20, 2019, 05:29:33 pm
Has anybody found an aftermarket exhaust that is reasonably quiet? I have a 2018 C5.

When I was looking for alternatives for the 650 I found the Emgo Dunstall Replica reverse cone mufflers were longer than the Interceptor mufflers but also quieter than stock.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #301 on: November 20, 2019, 10:46:39 pm
I have the "premium" muffler purchased from our former host when he was in the RE importing and accessory business.  With the DB killer in the end of the muffler it was quieter than stock. So I bent the baffle tangs flat to open up the end of the exhaust and now it sounds about the same as the original muffler did.  Note that the muffler is illegal to use on California public streets and can only be used when racing your Bullet.  :o But it did save a lot of weight and does not scrape when going over my driveway approach like the stock muffler did, so there is that.   ;)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

microbc

• Scooter
  • Should have got a RE years ago!
Reply #302 on: November 26, 2019, 09:20:37 pm
    We have a winner!! Please message me your details and I will get the mirror+ out to you. Congrats.
Just wanted to drop a note saying that I received the mirror and Brad included a couple of RE can koozies as a bonus!

The mirror looks well made and I will give it a shot on my bike to see the difference between it and the stock mirror.

My thanks to Brad the MaddMan for all the RE videos and offering the contest.

Keep the product reviews coming!

Art
2013 Classic C5

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #303 on: November 26, 2019, 11:00:54 pm
Just wanted to drop a note saying that I received the mirror and Brad included a couple of RE can koozies as a bonus!

The mirror looks well made and I will give it a shot on my bike to see the difference between it and the stock mirror.

My thanks to Brad the MaddMan for all the RE videos and offering the contest.

Keep the product reviews coming!

Art

You are very welcome Art, I'm sure you will be surprised by the outcome of the mirror. It was def. an improvement. CBS did a little feature on me in their newsletter after my review, which I thought was very nice.
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #304 on: November 27, 2019, 09:11:11 pm
The perfect gift for any enthusiast this season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFsZse65UpM

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #305 on: December 19, 2019, 10:01:38 pm
Tired of breaking brackets? Well, not any more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC3Hk4PortY

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #306 on: December 20, 2019, 04:31:42 am
I have learned to never expect anything from RE, support or otherwise.
I don't think they are customer oriented at all. Nor do they care if anyone is doing anything to advance their brand.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #307 on: December 20, 2019, 05:15:12 pm
Thanks Brad! Letting go of the dream to fabricate my own replacement bracket...   :'(  Saying good bye to the zip ties that have been living on my broken bracket for way too long.   :P  New and improved bracket will be ordered shortly!  8)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #308 on: December 20, 2019, 07:33:29 pm
Thanks Brad! Letting go of the dream to fabricate my own replacement bracket...   :'(  Saying good bye to the zip ties that have been living on my broken bracket for way too long.   :P  New and improved bracket will be ordered shortly!  8)

I'm glad I could be of service. I would like to think that RE was finally listening to the customer complaints, but it is more likely that they realized they were losing a ot of money by having to warranty the bracket constantly (4 broke for me in under two years).

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #309 on: December 25, 2019, 07:59:41 pm
That's right, it's Christmas once again and in the same spirit of last year, I thought Id share this with those of you that may be interested. Merry Christmas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSf3li8LXYk

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #310 on: January 31, 2020, 12:55:22 am
Old Man Winter keeping you off your bike? Let's protect those Lunch Hooks, shall we? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkIeAbmwjx0

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #311 on: January 31, 2020, 02:54:46 am
Old Man Winter keeping you off your bike? Let's protect those Lunch Hooks, shall we? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkIeAbmwjx0

Winter's been blessedly mild so far just north of you here in Virginia, but I'm sure that as soon as I hit that "Post" button glaciers will commence rolling down my little avenue and I'll be wanting a pair of those things.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #312 on: January 31, 2020, 04:34:03 am
Winter's been blessedly mild so far just north of you here in Virginia, but I'm sure that as soon as I hit that "Post" button glaciers will commence rolling down my little avenue and I'll be wanting a pair of those things.

Tell me about it. Here just about an hour over the VA/NC border, it has been in the 60s for the better part of the winter. Today was one of the few real "Cold" day we've had. I'm not complaining. Although, the rain fall has been ridiculous.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #313 on: February 11, 2020, 02:08:39 am
Alright guys, I've received a lot of emails and messages asking about the availability of pars and accessories here in the US. Well, I have a definitive answer to the multitude of queries; Western Cycle Supply. Not only does WCS offer OEM parts, but also a vas array of aftermarket and even USED parts for the new AND old alike, right here in the US of A. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_jT8oAB4M 

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #314 on: June 17, 2020, 03:57:46 am
Farewell to Fieldy.... https://youtu.be/K9SMZKXKtr8