Author Topic: Brake disc replacement  (Read 145 times)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
on: September 11, 2021, 02:15:22 pm
Recently I noticed that the original brake disc (or rotor?) of my 2011 Bullet 500 was slightly warped after riding the bike for 8K miles. I had no luck sourcing a replacement disc from a U.S. vendor, so I ordered a disc and brake pads from Hitchcock Motorcycles in the UK for the first time. I was very impressed with their service and prices. The price of the EBC disc and Ferodo pads were about half of what I have paid in the past for similar items for my Japanese-brand bikes - and they were a lot cheaper than sourcing parts for my two BMWs.

However, what really impressed me was Hitchcock's customer service.  Within one hour of placing my order on-line last Monday morning, I received a response that the parts that I ordered had been packaged and were ready to be picked up by DHL Express. I live on the west coast of California and my package was delivered at 1pm the following Thursday. Very impressive! That is faster than most items that I have ordered from Amazon, which has a distribution warehouse about 40 miles away.
2011 Royal Enfield B5 500, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1