Author Topic: Out and about on your 650 - photos  (Read 371184 times)

Whompa

• Scooter
Reply #1365 on: September 27, 2021, 04:25:34 pm
A quick ride to the bike shed in London after getting my tank back with the new paintjob...

Seatex

• Bulleteer
Reply #1366 on: September 27, 2021, 05:38:38 pm
A quick ride to the bike shed in London after getting my tank back with the new paintjob...
Looks great. Well done.

Seatex

• Bulleteer
Reply #1367 on: September 27, 2021, 05:40:14 pm
80 mile loop around the Texas Hill Country.

Whompa

• Scooter
Reply #1368 on: September 27, 2021, 07:29:19 pm
Love your styling choices; really nuanced touches and a gorgeous overall effect. Nice one. :)

Hoiho

• Dead horse beater
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #1369 on: September 27, 2021, 08:49:36 pm
Some real nice photo's lately, cheers

mwmosser

• Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #1370 on: September 27, 2021, 09:08:08 pm
Nice. If the weather holds this Sunday, looking to put together a ride from SW Austin to Sisterdale, Luckenbach/Fredericksburg and then back here. Hope to see you out there!
2019 Interceptor 650 Mark Three

Seatex

• Bulleteer
Reply #1371 on: September 28, 2021, 01:31:47 am
Love your styling choices; really nuanced touches and a gorgeous overall effect. Nice one. :)
Thank you for the appreciation. I build it for me, but I certainly love it when others appreciate my efforts.

Seatex

• Bulleteer
Reply #1372 on: September 28, 2021, 01:32:53 am
Some real nice photo's lately, cheers
Thank you. I try to feature the bike, naturally, but I like to get interesting background.

Seatex

• Bulleteer
Reply #1373 on: September 28, 2021, 01:37:16 am
Nice. If the weather holds this Sunday, looking to put together a ride from SW Austin to Sisterdale, Luckenbach/Fredericksburg and then back here. Hope to see you out there!
I expect to be in the general area. I have a short out-of-state work trip, but I expect to be back for the weekend. Trying to work out logistics with a riding buddy, my wife, non-riding friends, but I will be in Fredericksburg on Saturday and possibly Sunday. It's one of the bigger Oktoberfest deals in the region, so make sure you are aware of that.

http://www.oktoberfestinfbg.com/index.html

birguy

• Scooter
Reply #1374 on: September 28, 2021, 02:19:40 am
Gorgeous. Did part of that drive this July in a car, and loved it. Original plan was to go from Asheville NC to Roanoke VA but had to get off the BRP and get gas, so we wandered through rural NC and SW VA. Hope it is was as good on the RE.

It's fun to ride. I think the best part of the parkway is from Cherokee to Boone. That is where most of the tunnels are and going through the mountains. The portion in southern VA is pretty boring. So getting off and hitting side roads there was probably a better ride.

I live about an hour south of the parkway but too far away to ride the best part of it in one day. I can make it to Boone from where I live and back in the same day. One year I for vacation I rode the parkway end to end. Planned on doing skyline drive but it was pouring rain for the first two days so I delayed starting and missed out on skyline drive.

mwmosser

• Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #1375 on: September 28, 2021, 07:39:55 pm
I expect to be in the general area. I have a short out-of-state work trip, but I expect to be back for the weekend. Trying to work out logistics with a riding buddy, my wife, non-riding friends, but I will be in Fredericksburg on Saturday and possibly Sunday. It's one of the bigger Oktoberfest deals in the region, so make sure you are aware of that.

http://www.oktoberfestinfbg.com/index.html

Yeah, will likely not do Fredericksburg itself for just that reason. It's crazy enough there on a weekend as is, let alone Oktoberfest. Then again, it's ACL weekend #1 here in Austin, so not doing anything in town here either....

mwmosser

• Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #1376 on: September 28, 2021, 07:42:45 pm
It's fun to ride. I think the best part of the parkway is from Cherokee to Boone. That is where most of the tunnels are and going through the mountains. The portion in southern VA is pretty boring. So getting off and hitting side roads there was probably a better ride.

I live about an hour south of the parkway but too far away to ride the best part of it in one day. I can make it to Boone from where I live and back in the same day. One year I for vacation I rode the parkway end to end. Planned on doing skyline drive but it was pouring rain for the first two days so I delayed starting and missed out on skyline drive.
Yeah I definitely heated the brakes on the Outback to their limit on some places like Grandfather Mountain, down around in there. Plus it also was pouring rain in some spots. And then sunny in others. Sun showers are so great in that part of the world. Jealous you're in that prime riding country!

whippers

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1377 on: September 28, 2021, 08:29:02 pm
Can’t do much with the current lockdown but realised I hadn’t got any photos of the two bikes together. I did ride the Interceptor to the supermarket to get a precious resource - coffee beans.
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor Baker Express
2007 Ducati Monster S4RS

The older I get the Faster I was

Spicyred

• Ice Queenslander (Australia)
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #1378 on: September 28, 2021, 11:52:03 pm
Very nice. I got the notice from RE but I tend to prefer to ride solo, or in very small groups.

Agree totally but approached this event as an opportunity to see what other REs are out and about in this region. I also thought the ride may  give an indication of the enthusiasm level of the host dealership, which I had not visited previously.

This was my first group ride and mission accomplished. I enjoyed it and will hopefully do it next year. The laid back nature of RE owners meant there were no tear-arse sport-bike maniacs present. ;)

The host was keen to make photos of the day available to participants but acknowledged his influence was limited - the professional photographer was employed by RE, not the dealer.

Hopefully I can obtain something official to put in this thread.
Current rides:
2021 Himalayan
2023 RNineT
Most recent:
2019 Ice Queen GT650

Hoiho

• Dead horse beater
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #1379 on: September 29, 2021, 12:14:04 pm
Some pics and vid from Sunday's One Ride. Small numbers as it was brass monkey weather, despite the sun. 

https://youtu.be/ahdt1DtD1Nk