Author Topic: improved brake pads  (Read 609 times)

Mike flanagan

• Bulleteer
on: February 05, 2024, 05:33:24 pm
Hello,I am inquiring in reference to more aggressive brake linings for my 63 meteor minor.The HC's have replacement linings,do it yourself.Are these the improved linings,aforementioned? thanks in advance.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 10:32:32 pm
Here's the Villiers website for general perusement. I agree with Villiers about "Many modern linings are too hard", that's been my experience with OEM Bullet shoes. In the local mountains they heat up and lose grip fairly rapidly, The H's provide much more bite when hot.

https://villiersservices.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=146

" This service can cater for any shape or size brake-shoe. Whether it’s for a bike, car, van, trailer or even tractor. Many modern linings are too hard, so we have a range of materials to suit all applications, including woven non asbestos which does not need to get hot to work. All you need to do is remove the shoes from the back plate, drop them in a jiffy bag or box, write down what they fit, what you are going to use them for. I.e. trials, road, scramble etc. "

" For any motorcycle shoes we charge £21.95 a pair inclusive of vat and postage is free! Please email or call for a quote on car, trailer, truck shoes or industrial clutches. We re-Line the shoes to their original width, if you require under or oversize linings, please let us know on your note with the shoes.

A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

allanfox

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 09:19:41 am
I had Villiers do mine and made a remarkable difference to my stopping power, money well spent.

Mike flanagan

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 01:15:43 am
Yeah,i will be riding this all over if all goes well.I dont know the best to expect The late 60's Triumph dual leading shoe,(Bsa had the same)was the best old brake system I ever used.