Author Topic: Neutral light  (Read 852 times)

Bob c

• Scooter
on: October 25, 2021, 09:07:12 am
Hi all just joined the club today and have to say I’m very impressed with the amount of info on here but I have a problem with my 2018 535GT bike has only covered 1300 miles with 2 service stamps I have no neutral light which is a pain and have all ready changed switch with no joy bike won’t start in gear but does in neutral so I’m thinking bulb probably but had a quick look inside clocks and seems to be no bulbs probably led was wondering has anyone come across this before
Many thanks
Bob

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 10:39:00 am
Did you try earthing the switch wire directly to the chassis and see if the light comes on (I'm assuming it's earth switched)? If that doesn't work next thing would be check for continuity of that wire up to the clocks. If that's good, might be time to take it to the instrument repairer.

The N light is very dull at the best of times but I'm sure you would have made extra sure in a dark place.

Good luck and welcome aboard  :)
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Bob c

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 10:58:02 am
Thanks for that I think ur right the switch earths the light and I will stick the metre on for continuity just hope it’s not the clocks I can get a new set from India at £120 but there in KPH not MPH have a local Guy works on TVs and car dash boards so might just give home clocks and wiring diagram see what he says

hpwaco

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 07:12:11 pm
Try SEARCH function.  Think neutral light was a replaceable bulb on earlier 535s.   Pulling in clutch should let u start without being in neutral.    Cheers

Bob c

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 05:25:18 pm
Had another close look at the clocks on my 535 gt and what I thought was an illumination bulb is actually the neutral light Do  ::) so replaced bulb which cost me £10 from the dealer as I trolled the web and although I found bulbs that looked similar they were much bigger anyways all working now thanks for all reply’s guys