Author Topic: Posting pictures  (Read 1582 times)

JP33090

• Grease Monkey
on: August 22, 2021, 03:59:55 pm
I know this has been discussed ad nauseam, however, I have always had trouble posting pictures on this forum.  Lately it seems to have become impossible.  I've made sure the pictures are in the correct format (.jpg), and tried posting across three devices.  Every time I hit post, the next screen takes a few moments to load, and then comes up as a blank screen.  Reloading the Home Screen shows that my post never made it.  Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 06:24:02 pm
Sign up for a photo hosting web site, upload your photos there ,then post a hotlink from there to your message on this forum.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 01:55:14 am
Could your photos be a bit...ummm..."portly"? The size limit for an individual photo or other file is 10240KB or roughly 10 Megabytes, or 25 total for up to four. If you've got your camera set to "ultramegawhopping" resolution, you may want to dial that back in your camera's settings. We may not need to see the squirrel on the horizon's pores. Also, if your photos are sporting some other fancy format or filename suffix than jpg, jpeg (mostly Apple), gif or png, then that will also give the Forum system indigestion.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Morgan60

• Bulleteer
  • NW USA
Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 09:40:01 am
I’ve tried to post pics the same way as the past and have had no luck doing so as of late. What has changed?
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2019 650 Continental GT Ice Queen or white
2020 Trials 500 Green and Chrome

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 02:55:03 pm
Just testing with a few handy 4 Megabytish photos of my new $47 Hart 215-Piece Mechanic's Tool Set, a Black Friday Week "open box" 50% off special from Wallyworld (all there--just missing the cardboard outer wrapper, so someone likely just wanted a peek at the goodies). The bottom image shows the little chain mod I screwed in to keep the lid from just flopping over.

Hmmm...seems OK. Have you tried another device? Also Wifi instead of mobile data or vice versa? Some setups have options to limit file sizes or otherwise throttle data that could be in play.

But I'll punt the matter to the attention of our all-powerful Admins. Could anyone affected by this issue please provide the full file name (with suffix) and size of a file or two that failed to attach? (e.g., "sample.jpg 3.9 MB")
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 03:23:25 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Dantheman

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 04:04:06 pm
I’ve tried to post pics the same way as the past and have had no luck doing so as of late. What has changed?

Hello, can you give us some more information on the issue you are facing? As far as we are aware, there should not be any issues in posting an image. I would mention, there is a file size limit and format restriction as below:

Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, jpeg
Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 25000KB, maximum individual size 10240KB

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 05:04:06 pm
You're using the wrong sharing code, see if you can find one which is called something like "Hotlink for forums", that's on Post Image.

A.

Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

dav

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: February 25, 2022, 10:00:39 am
Finally!! Thanks Adrian

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: February 25, 2022, 01:01:10 pm
Glad that helped, we pommy b*st*rds have our uses!  ;)

A.