Author Topic: E-Bike developments  (Read 108766 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #330 on: December 21, 2021, 08:44:36 pm
@ #329: Oh No Worries, the Taycan just starts in the $80K range. The actual one you'd be caught driving around in specs out at near $250K USD... :o  Not sure what the trailer hauling the Ducati MotoE would have to be made of, maybe titanium cut from the hull of a decommissioned Alfa Unterseeboot and tyres filled with Helium II...so keep those valve caps on tight or the Rollin effect will leave your conspicuous consumption efforts flat...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa-class_submarine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium#Helium_II.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #331 on: December 22, 2021, 08:44:11 am
As for me a real Porsche is a flat six and aircooled anyway. Maybe they will come one day from China too and finally affordable?

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #332 on: December 22, 2021, 08:54:51 am
Surprisingly that Porsche looks actually too cheap for being a Porsche with 81k$, some no name brands sell at about same or higher cost in that category.

Just add that 60% of all taycans have a defective battery pack due to a badly engeneered loading electronic. This loading circuits are still assembled in the new cars.
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #333 on: December 22, 2021, 03:32:56 pm
Should be plenty of spare parts out there for the EV bike & motorcycle modding crowd then!  ;D
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #334 on: December 22, 2021, 06:05:53 pm
Should be plenty of spare parts out there for the EV bike & motorcycle modding crowd then!  ;D

If it was me i would probably rather scrap the faulty parts than dumping it on the market or playing Santa Claus, i doubt that company thinks much diffently. Only dumping that occures is when the gob. pays the difference.  ;)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #335 on: December 22, 2021, 08:09:25 pm
You never bought bits & pieces from a scrapyard?

My pal David bought a great piece of chromoly from the aircraft scrapyard in Tucson. We got it home, carefully fishmouthed it to fit up precisely to the other frame tube it was intended to reinforce. Out comes the 7018 rod, first tack in progress. The 7018 rolls off the new tube like water off of wax. Much head scratching. More tube cleaning. Try again - same result. Dave gets an inspired look, out comes a magnet - no stick at all...but it was a VERY NICE piece of titanium... :o ;D ;D ;D

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #336 on: December 22, 2021, 08:53:42 pm
I wait with the visit to the scrapyard until the 80% vaxxed surrender their ice vehicles and drop it of at the yards.  ;)

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #337 on: December 22, 2021, 11:30:49 pm
You never bought bits & pieces from a scrapyard?

My pal David bought a great piece of chromoly from the aircraft scrapyard in Tucson. We got it home, carefully fishmouthed it to fit up precisely to the other frame tube it was intended to reinforce. Out comes the 7018 rod, first tack in progress. The 7018 rolls off the new tube like water off of wax. Much head scratching. More tube cleaning. Try again - same result. Dave gets an inspired look, out comes a magnet - no stick at all...but it was a VERY NICE piece of titanium... :o ;D ;D ;D

So you dug out the TIG ?

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #338 on: December 23, 2021, 01:26:33 pm
...so keep those valve caps on tight or the Rollin effect will leave your conspicuous consumption efforts flat...

...as for me, what ever efforts i might have taken that lead to what ever results have been faked up. I'm totally corrupt.  ;)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #339 on: December 23, 2021, 05:31:54 pm
@ #337: it was about 1976, we were lucky to have a stick welder! ;D ;D ;D 

I guess the main point was take your magnet to the aviation scrapyard if the intent is to buy steel. So, when is your titanium Bullet frame going to be ready for the road? That or aluminum would certainly make a nice piece!

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #340 on: December 23, 2021, 05:47:31 pm
Probably never. No aluminium, neither titanium around sorry, however some CrMo tubing, not sure what to make out of them yet.

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #341 on: December 24, 2021, 12:12:08 am
Life would be great if only these defective people who write transport laws knew what they are doing, they let the lunatics run one big asylum so unfortunate and not green at all, they class electric bikes as a moped when you can pedal a bike faster.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #342 on: December 24, 2021, 10:19:11 am
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8Tum9ra/

...here come the new covid regulations for 2022. It's going to be an awesome year for sure.  ::)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #343 on: December 24, 2021, 04:29:45 pm
@ #342: ...so, we get our news from TikTok? Fortunately for us Westerners, the PRC has never been known to use it's large corporations as either information gathering tools or disinformation dissemination outlets. And everything on the intranet is true & verifiable.
It'll be a nice day for an alt-right anti-vax "freedumb" march on the Reichstag & US Capitol soon, probably just before Taiwan & Ukraine get the hammer treatment. Will it be coincidence or fate?

The USA - 814,000 and climbing! We're #1!  :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TikTok
TikTok, known in China as Douyin (Chinese: 抖音; pinyin: Dǒuyīn), is a video-focused social networking service owned by Chinese company ByteDance.[4] It hosts a variety of short-form user videos, from genres like pranks, stunts, tricks, jokes, dance, and entertainment[5][6] with durations from 15 seconds to three minutes.[7][8][9] TikTok is an international version of Douyin, which was originally released in the Chinese market in September 2016.[10] TikTok was launched in 2017 for iOS and Android in most markets outside of mainland China; however, it became available worldwide only after merging with another Chinese social media service, Musical.ly, on 2 August 2018.

Concerns have been voiced regarding content relating to, and the promotion and spreading of, hateful words and far-right extremism, such as anti-semitism, racism, and xenophobia. Some videos were shown to expressly deny the existence of the Holocaust and told viewers to take up arms and fight in the name of white supremacy and the swastika.[163] As TikTok has gained popularity among young children,[164] and the popularity of extremist and hateful content is growing, calls for tighter restrictions on their flexible boundaries have been made. TikTok have since released tougher parental controls to filter out inappropriate content and to ensure they can provide sufficient protection and security.[165]

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #344 on: December 24, 2021, 04:47:14 pm
Hmmm, even if you put a golden lettering to it...makes about as much sense as tiktok.  ;)

Marry Christmas.  :)