Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
650 Twin - Interceptor/GT / Re: Uncle Stu throws down..
« Last Post by Blazes Boylan on Today at 07:50:12 pm »
Thank you. Has anyone been told otherwise from either manufacturer or licensed retailer? That does count for something, no?

A valid point.  On the other hand, every article or video I've come across on suspension mods points out that cartridge emulators require unrestricted oil flow to do their work.  How are you going to get unrestricted oil flow from the two tiny 1.5mm holes?   Getting the dampers out and drilling six 8mm holes requires a lot more effort--and potential for botching it--than simply removing the forks, draining the oil, and installing the emulator kit.  It certainly voids your warranty and might also put YSS at legal risk if a customer suffered some kind of catastrophic suspension failure.
650 Twin - Interceptor/GT / Re: Out and about on your 650 - photos
« Last Post by mwmosser on Today at 07:49:56 pm »
Boerne. Just Northwest of San Antonio.
Gotcha. Had a student from there a few years back, who only had to correct my pronunciation of Boerne a few times.... :P
« Last Post by Seatex on Today at 07:47:01 pm »
Love that area; looks like around Wimberly or thereabouts?

Boerne. Just Northwest of San Antonio.
« Last Post by mwmosser on Today at 07:41:38 pm »
Yes, his presentation leaves many annoyed, he does come across as a classic example of a certain type of policeman (his former career) however he specifically asked the manufacturers for their advice. YSS have (for kits produced for other bikes in the past) advised drilling of the damper rod. They say the emulators for the Enfield have been designed to complement the existing arrangement. A supplier of YSS also told me that it was not recommended to drill the rods so I didn't and am pleased with the results I obtained.YMMV.
I'm agnostic on SF; he was instrumental in getting me to purchase the RE over a Triumph Street Twin/T100/T120, and some of his gear recommendations I've followed. I subscribed for a while, but then found the increasingly stentorian tone to be a bit much, and have since unsubscribed. It's fun to see the back-and-forth between him and us on this forum, though. Classic barstool arguments transferred to the internet.
« Last Post by mwmosser on Today at 07:38:16 pm »
A mile from my house is a little gem known as Tower Road. It's not long, at just over 2 miles, but there are dozens of turns.
Love that area; looks like around Wimberly or thereabouts?
« Last Post by Seatex on Today at 07:35:07 pm »
Sounds like fun! How are you liking those Avons?

I love them! I went tubeless with the 3M tape and have had no problems. Even though the are a 90/10 tire, I feel they stick better on the street than the Pirellis.
TEC responded to my email and stated I must have received the wrong spring clamp.
Campfire Talk / Re: E-Bike developments
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 07:27:43 pm »
The pilot weight is limited to about 180 pounds, so running a 100 pound pilot gives you the possibility of either a faster bike or another 60-80 pounds of batteries for more range, fewer "pit stops", assuming the racing takeoff weights are normalized... :o
« Last Post by ideola on Today at 07:26:22 pm »
A mile from my house is a little gem known as Tower Road. It's not long, at just over 2 miles, but there are dozens of turns.
Sounds like fun! How are you liking those Avons?
« Last Post by Jared_Lee on Today at 07:26:12 pm »
Yes, his presentation leaves many annoyed, he does come across as a classic example of a certain type of policeman (his former career) however he specifically asked the manufacturers for their advice. YSS have (for kits produced for other bikes in the past) advised drilling of the damper rod. They say the emulators for the Enfield have been designed to complement the existing arrangement. A supplier of YSS also told me that it was not recommended to drill the rods so I didn't and am pleased with the results I obtained.YMMV.

Thank you. Has anyone been told otherwise from either manufacturer or licensed retailer? That does count for something, no?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10