Author Topic: Need suggestions for a comfortable handlebar for my "Iron Bull" Machismo 500  (Read 640 times)

machismo_bull07

• Scooter
I had RD 350 handlebar fitted on my Machismo 500. The handlebar was good, very comfortable. Recently, I got into an accident and it got bent on left hand side. Now, as I am not able to find the same handlebar I had to go back to stock handlebar. The stock handlebar is not comfortable for long rides. Recently I came across a YouTube video, where the rider using a Classic 350 (UCE) used a pair of handlebar raiser used for KTM or other similar bikes. HeMy question is can I use the same set-up? Do I need to make any alterations for the clutch cable and throttle cable. Also, can someone suggest me some other ways to make the handlebar more comfortable?

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
I don't know how much choice of handelbars you have in India, here in the UK I was able to fit a set of export Triumph (1970's style) bars, which still worked with the stock length cables and front brake hose. The bike was an 500 AVL Electra-X, which is very similar to yours.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
...there's always these golden oldies... ;D
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.