Author Topic: Washington State Bullet owners?  (Read 348664 times)

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #465 on: July 03, 2011, 07:15:12 pm
Bruce,

Looks like new!  How many Miles on the odometer?  Very nice bike.  I'm looking forward to seeing this Bullet in person, on one of our get-to-togethers, oh and also you, nothing personal just a matter of priorities.

Cheers,
Bill   

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #466 on: July 04, 2011, 08:29:32 pm
Nice bike !!!

Many happy miles to you.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

broeschi

• Scooter
  • it's all ok
Reply #467 on: July 04, 2011, 09:16:46 pm
Bruce,

Looks like new!  How many Miles on the odometer?  Very nice bike.  I'm looking forward to seeing this Bullet in person, on one of our get-to-togethers, oh and also you, nothing personal just a matter of priorities.

Cheers,
Bill   
It is a used 2005 with 2k miles.When I found it has had some damage on the speedo.  Needs a bezel and gauge lens. I understand priorities.
2005 Deluxe

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
Reply #468 on: July 05, 2011, 07:10:35 am
My wife and I took the Goose to Neah Bay Saturday, via Route 112. It's Mahvelous! Great views of mountains, meadows and water. Great curves, caught my toe on one hairpin. (Note to self: remember to ride on the balls of my feet in the corners.) The road is perfect for an Enfield. Probably 50 miles of twisties!

For those of you interested in heading out to the Olympic Peninsula for a two day ride, Neah Bay is 4-1/2 hours from Seattle. You can hike the beaches, or the trail to Cape Flattery, or visit the Makah Museum. The Tribe would appreciate you acquiring a recreational permit before venturing out. I never have in the past, but for a group they may take notice. It's $10. I am going to call the tribe and ask what the skinny is for a group of riders, if anyone's interested.

Here's some pics I took on the way out... they won't all fit so I'll make two posts

1) Quaint place at Clallam Bay. How long has it been since you've seen clothes hung out to dry?  :o
2) Looking north across Strait of Juan de Fuca towards Vancouver Island.
3) The open camping area at Hobuck Campground.
4) The cabins near the camping area.

"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
Reply #469 on: July 05, 2011, 07:18:36 am
Two more pics from the ride.
1) Looking north up the coast just south of the Hobuck Campground. BTW in the campground pic, (prior post)the beach is just on the other side of the trees (on the right).
2) View from Route 112 on the way back to PA, looking southeast.
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #470 on: July 05, 2011, 06:22:39 pm
Jesse,

The Neah Bay ride looks like a lot of fun.  Thanks for all the research.  When are we thinking about doing this?  God willing and the creek don't rise, I'd like to tag along.

Just marvelous darling, just marvelous!

Cheers,
Bill   

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
Reply #471 on: July 06, 2011, 01:58:49 am
Bill, et al,
I sent a detailed trip report to Mike/Ice and he may cut and paste the report here.

I'm not in charge of the Mainlanders as far as ride organization. I'm just the research assistant in the remote outpost. ;D ;D ;D

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #472 on: July 06, 2011, 07:44:30 am
Quoted with permission from our resident scout and tour guide jest2dogs  ;)

"It's 2-1/2 hours from Seattle to Port Angeles (~75 miles and a ferry). Another 2 hrs (~75 miles) to get to Neah Bay on Rte. 112 (60 miles of twisties!!!!!  Grin

In PA there are many motels and several nearby campgrounds. As you go farther west the quality of accommodations goes down.

In PA there's a great 17 mile (sea level to ski level ) road to Hurricane Ridge and on the way to, or from, Neah Bay, there's the potential gravel road side trip to the Snyder Lookout (on a nice day the vistas from both mtn. rides are worth it).

Neah Bay is the Makah Indian Reservation. They want you to purchase a recreational use permit for $10. It is good for a year. I will find out from the tribe if a "group" can buy just one (or two, if there are splinter rides). The permit is needed for hiking out to Cape Flattery or using the beaches. I do not know how touchy they are on the matter. Services in N.B. are pretty rudimentary.

The campground is nice. It is an open field with a an edge of firs and a berm between you and the ocean beach. There are porta-potties in the field and a shower house with one toilet/sink/shower for each gender. On Saturday the area was not crowded. There are no "numbered" spots, so we can "cluster camp". There are no fire pits, but I think you can still have a fire (I saw one ring). There are several nice new cabins ($150 night), each with a queen and a pullout queen couch. Reservations needed for cabins, camping is first come first serve ($20 a night per tent/vehicle). 96 hr cancellation notice or credit card will be charged.

This seemed to be a surfer's mecca, so I imagine the feel is pretty loose. As a matter of fact that 's just what an older, smiling camper said to me, "Things seem pretty loose around here."

The hike to Cape Flattery is easy (boardwalk) and worth the vista, and the feather in your cap. Good riding, although there's only one way in and out.
But the feel is good. And Washburn's General Store in "downtown" has about everything from apples to plywood. I do not know the regs. regarding alcohol. I did not see any signs or notices regarding same. Wide open beaches. BTW, the campground has never been full.

If you want to do a loop of just all riding, then you night skip N.B. or make the visit there shorter. You could stay in Forks (one hour+ west of P.A.) or go further down to Klaloch Campground. The tent sites are tighter there and, as yet, I am unfamiliar with the facilities (Toilets and sinks, yes. But showers?)

There's also a nice beachfront campground at Pacific Beach and I think this is State/public (as there is also a military-only recreation area there as well).

Pacific Beach is about 3+ hours from PA and be warned roads are remote, good, 2-lane, but traffic is very fast.

I think Pacific Beach is about 2 hours from Olympia(?) by the southern route. Haven't checked that out yet."

What week end works best for most ? the 16th, the 23rd or the 30th ?

smills had some suggestions as well.

Any of us not able to camp out Saturday night could make it back to Seattle in a reasonable time Saturday evening.

I believe between those of us that carry spares, any break downs could be remedied on the spot.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #473 on: July 06, 2011, 07:51:19 am
Here's the list,,,,are we missing anyone?

500KsGerry     
Bambi
Bill Harris           
birdmove
Blltrdr
boobird
broeschi
chanceyone     
Ducati Scotty     
Eamon               
EKThumper       
greenolive
Gromit42           
Hack
holodeck
Ice   
J.D.                 
jest2dogs         
jonapplegate     
jjoe256
jtnewby
Juggernaut       
kodai                 
Lady_Enfield     
mikail gransee   
Mitch                 
oldsalt
prof_stack       
ranger800
RE-curious
robbw               
rivers               
SLOhound
smills               
stipa                 
stoney1962
teckhardt
Teebo
toddygirl           
TinTin
trees
wiekingderviking

EKThumper

• Scooter
Reply #474 on: July 07, 2011, 08:15:38 am
 July is a bad month for me. But what time is this adventure beginning?  I'm in Graham but could possibly  meet up with those coming from the south.  All depends on time. (don't get off work until 7:30).  I'll watch the blog. 

ekt.
08 Iron Deluxe, 09 Tri-Glide, 00 Sportster...Yard work is for those who don't ride.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #475 on: July 07, 2011, 08:28:33 am
Hi EKT !

We haven't come to a consensus yet on which weekend or a departure time.

My two cents worth of suggestion are that the group link up In Seattle some time before lunch.

toddygirl

• Scooter
Reply #476 on: July 09, 2011, 01:07:09 am
This trip looks fantastic!  I'm sorry it looks like I'll have to miss it (my weekends in July are all eaten up).

-Amanda

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #477 on: July 09, 2011, 02:19:05 pm
I'd love to go but can't make an overnight trip right now.  Don't think I'm not bookmarking this route though ;)

Scott

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #478 on: July 09, 2011, 05:58:29 pm
No trips till September/October for me because of work.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

GreenRE

• Bulleteer
Reply #479 on: July 09, 2011, 08:31:39 pm
Not to derail the subject I am sitting at bellingham international airport as I type.  you guys live iin a beautiful part of the country.on the other hand what is wrong with these canadians.  Why do they drive so slow I really think letting a ford fusion overtake a corvette...argh. Any way back to ur upcoming trip. Have a blast..