Author Topic: interceptor purchase confirmed  (Read 8696 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #30 on: February 16, 2019, 11:40:00 pm
Well, like many others here, I'm curious to hear your take on it. I've never ridden one of these newfangled 270 degree parallel twins--only the old 360s like Nortons and the old Triumphs and various '70s Honda CBs of 350ccs or smaller. Will they satisfy with loping oompf, or just be too smooth?
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #31 on: February 16, 2019, 11:54:01 pm
Well, like many others here, I'm curious to hear your take on it. I've never ridden one of these newfangled 270 degree parallel twins--only the old 360s like Nortons and the old Triumphs and various '70s Honda CBs of 350ccs or smaller. Will they satisfy with loping oompf, or just be too smooth?
It is the counterbalance shaft that takes all the life out of it.
Just the 270 crank alone would feel like a v-twin. Perfectly fine for a crank.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
Reply #32 on: February 17, 2019, 12:49:02 am

That's an apt observation. Vibes are getting scarce.
Lurker on a Vespa

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #33 on: February 17, 2019, 02:09:10 am
Just the 270 crank alone would feel like a v-twin. Perfectly fine for a crank.

Something similar might explain my baffling lack of longings for one of those new Triumph Bonnies or their other Retro offerings, 'cause I've always adored Triumphs since I was a kid. On the one hand the newish ones come very close indeed to pushing all my buttons visually, but they just seem to lack that old galloping "grunt" when I see one flit by.  I like 'em and all, but they don't exactly keep me up at night plotting to get my mitts on one. I'd assumed it was just emissions gear or better metallurgy or something else twisting and muffling their balls, but the new ones really are  an elementally different breed than the old ones, Huh? Well, at least I still got my old '67 Norton next up for resurrection after the Zuendapp Bella gets some love...

The "Desert Sled" in Hibernation
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 03:47:59 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Warwick

• Grease Monkey
Reply #34 on: February 17, 2019, 03:38:53 am
NICE !!!! Enjoy! Looking forward to your review.

Cheers
Warwick
2007 Bullet, 1999 Lightning, 2010 Honda VFR1200f, 2019 Interceptor, 2007 Kwaka GPX250R