Author Topic: Meteor 350 launch video  (Read 8851 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #45 on: November 16, 2020, 08:58:59 pm
Seems a prudent time to imbibe a tasty & germ-killing mixture! I'd like to try the "Crystal Skull Onyx" myself, but the $55 per 750ml is off putting. I'm sticking with low-buck Armagnac and Bushmills for now.

That Crystal Head hooch is from Dan Aykroyd's distillery, right? He was recently plugging it on Joe Rogan's podcast. A tad pricey for my taste, but he really talked it up as being some truly top-shelf brain damage worth the hit. But hey, if Bushmills and Armagnac are your "bargain" fallbacks, your liver's already being pampered by stuff a notch or three higher up the food chain than my default Clan MacGregor rotgut, which I basically buy just 'cause it matches the name of my sailboat's manufacturer, where I keep it on board for "anchor down time" along with apricot brandy that the wife enjoys and some kind of Mexican coffee liqueur all tucked neatly into a fancy little "Executive" brand portable travelling bar case kit from the late '50s or early '60s. Otherwise I rarely touch the harder stuff nowadays.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #46 on: November 17, 2020, 12:40:18 am
   Armagnac is a bit more fragrant than Cognac, goes well in a cuppa hot tea on a cold day. There are the wallet buster grades, then everyman grades for about $20-$25. The Bushmills is a nod to a fallen coworkers preference. Like yourself, my days of crawling wobbily thru the pine duff trying to find my keys and truck are far behind. But a little dollop in your tea on a cold day or occasional snifter whilst overlooking the garden of an evening never hurt anyone, eh?
   MacGregor certainly makes a nice user friendly ragboat; I'll bet Virginia provides some nice cruising weekends. Good on ya!

And yet another 350 video, 3 days old:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp1OeV51FX0

Looks sprightly enough in traffic, didn't overheat in the jams.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 01:18:42 am by AzCal Retred »
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #47 on: November 17, 2020, 10:34:32 am
Are you somehow stuck in the Sweden/Denmark/Norway/Finland Hell-on-Earth? Should we try to crowdfund an escape plan for you? Is railing against some Swedish Corporate Oligarchy going to facilitate that escape to a better place or get you on a re-education camp checklist? Or can we get back to more motorcycle-ish related business on topics that are possibly more productive?

That's actually a good joke. Save your money. The only way I would enter the place is with an unconsealed shotgun backed with an small army of actual SS boots. Than again there is "NOTHiNG" in those places worth a cent.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #48 on: November 17, 2020, 04:38:50 pm
 Maybe via Danish Uber?  8)
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #49 on: November 17, 2020, 05:02:29 pm
The Nimbus would need a world class tuning to make it and the Katana would need to be razor sharp.  ::)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: November 17, 2020, 05:24:18 pm
At the IOM Vintage race I met a nice couple that had ridden their Nimbus down from Sweden. It was truly impressive to see so many vintage bikes that were actually ridden to the event. A long way from the "Trailer Queen" strategy we use in the USA. One jocky-sized wag in full leathers was traveling on an old fully-faired 125cc Suzuki quasi-GP racer looking machine. The IOM roads (aka racecourse) are open most of the day during the event. That nimble wee beastie must have been a real joy to ride around the course. I was looking for a Grom or suchlike to rent, but no joy.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #51 on: November 17, 2020, 06:00:47 pm
Just don't give a Katana to any modern Swedish, they suffer from Stockholm syndrome and will land up cutting their own tits off. ::)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: November 17, 2020, 06:07:09 pm
"Ten thousand Swedes ran through the weeds, chased by one Norwegian..."

And I believe the Uber pilotess is Danish...modern?

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #53 on: November 17, 2020, 06:12:54 pm
"Ten thousand Swedes ran through the weeds, chased by one Norwegian..."

And I believe the Uber pilotess is Danish...modern?

It's just a picture, it looks cool.   8)

Motor has no power and the Katana has no sharpness to it I bet.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 06:20:58 pm by derottone »

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #54 on: November 18, 2020, 10:28:39 am
...you would need an whole army of Nimbus riding, Katana swinging Ubers to fix the swedish Nobel society.  ;D