Author Topic: Sweden and California  (Read 75749 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #120 on: March 11, 2021, 08:49:48 am
Virus? What virus? I don't see no stinking virus. No reason to mask up if there's no virus, right? It's all a Democrat hoax to suppress the sales of small businesses making coffins! As George Castanza said "It's not a lie if you believe it!".

As long as you are part of the 50% that aren't affected by C19, no problemo anyway, right? If you are affected, why are you inconveniently bothering others? The GOP wants you weaklings to politely crawl off under a bush and die. That's the "Invisible Hand of the Free market" in action I guess, or maybe the "Golden Rule: them what has the gold makes the rules". Cut back healthcare for the hoi polloi, that's just money wasted. Maybe they do vote, but when did they ever attend a $25,000 a plate fundraiser?

With an average 7 or 8 figure net worth and premium Government health care on tap, it's hard to see a virus problem from the GOP side of the House or Senate. Or from Miralago either, I suppose. All the while they're marching in lockstep towards a new Viertes Reich and pretending they aren't. Not one GOP Congressman voted for HR1, a bill with over 70% positive ratings among all voters, but several of these no-voters are extolling it's benefits to their constituents; now THAT's some cognitive dissonance!.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #121 on: March 11, 2021, 08:59:55 am
Virus? What virus? I don't see no stinking virus. No reason to mask up if there's no virus, right? It's all a Democrat hoax to suppress the sales of small businesses making coffins! As George Castanza said "It's not a lie if you believe it!".

As long as you are part of the 50% that aren't affected by C19, no problemo anyway, right? If you are affected, why are you inconveniently bothering others? The GOP wants you weaklings to politely crawl off under a bush and die. That's the "Invisible Hand of the Free market" in action I guess, or maybe the "Golden Rule: them what has the gold makes the rules". Cut back healthcare for the hoi polloi, that's just money wasted. Maybe they do vote, but when did they ever attend a $25,000 a plate fundraiser?

With an average 7 or 8 figure net worth and premium Government health care on tap, it's hard to see a virus problem from the GOP side of the House or Senate. Or from Miralago either, I suppose. All the while they're marching in lockstep towards a new Viertes Reich and pretending they aren't. Not one GOP Congressman voted for HR1, a bill with over 70% positive ratings among all voters, but several of these no-voters are extolling it's benefits to their constituents; now THAT's some cognitive dissonance!.

That´s not the invisible hand of the market, that´s the invisible hand of the primitive worldview only gold = money bullshit promoters. Everything will collapse, ONLY gold will maintain value BS, sounds like right out of the mouth of the GLOBAL WARMING scammers = fossile free is the future BS. A little virus has to rule our lives BS. A thousend of engineers required to determine the torque on your cars wheel bolt BS.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 09:08:17 am by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #122 on: March 11, 2021, 09:08:51 am
It's certainly the worldview that everyone outside "my core group" becomes a consumable resource, a fungible asset, not a person.
That viewpoint has led to lots of social upheaval when the outsiders come to realize they are "food" for the insiders.
Why can't we all just get along? :o
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #123 on: March 11, 2021, 09:26:50 am
It's certainly the worldview that everyone outside "my core group" becomes a consumable resource, a fungible asset, not a person.
That viewpoint has led to lots of social upheaval when the outsiders come to realize they are "food" for the insiders.
Why can't we all just get along? :o

I don´t know, I do understand though that if if you have the "gold" promoters on one side and the "global warming" promoters on the other and you work on something like a H2 plant than you are more likely to jump on the "global warming" bandwagon because they suggest that they care for alternative energy sources, which they don´t by the way. When you work in the car industry your motivation is most likely to provide customer satisfaction and hopefully make a buck, however what than happens is that they put a "global warming" lable onto it and claim it their victory. Like it reduces polution and CO2 which was never the motivation behind anything.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #124 on: March 11, 2021, 02:29:11 pm
The reason that 70% of the U.S. public supports the Democrats' free-money-for-almost-everyone law is that they will be receiving lots of free money without having to work for it. Who wouldn't support something like that? It is likely that once that cash is spent there will be another demand for even more free money.  ::) 

I have yet to hear a single politician, news commentator, or economist say how the $1.9 Trillion and last year's $.9 Trillion will be paid for. As I see it there are only three ways to pay that bill. You can borrow the money and pay it back later with interest. You can raise taxes to pay down the national debt. Or you can just print money, don't worry about paying it back and let someone else (such as that famous guy behind the tree) deal with inflation as the dollar looses value and prices rise in the future. Now I wonder which option will U.S. politicians of both parties choose?  ;)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #125 on: March 11, 2021, 02:37:03 pm
The reason that 70% of the U.S. public supports the Democrats' free-money-for-almost-everyone law is that they will be receiving lots of free money without having to work for it. Who wouldn't support something like that? It is likely that once that cash is spent there will be another demand for even more free money.  ::) 

I have yet to hear a single politician, news commentator, or economist say how the $1.9 Trillion and last year's $.9 Trillion will be paid for. As I see it there are only three ways to pay that bill. You can borrow the money and pay it back later with interest. You can raise taxes to pay down the national debt. Or you can just print money, don't worry about paying it back and let someone else (such as that famous guy behind the tree) deal with inflation as the dollar looses value and prices rise in the future. Now I wonder which option will U.S. politicians of both parties choose?  ;)

A trillion here, a trillion there, pretty soon we'll be talking real money. I recall reading an article about the British war effort and recovery during the WWII, and the need for post war austerity. The upshot was that in one year, I don't recall which, but 1949 rings a bell, the British deficit at the end of fiscal year was five pounds and the nation went nuts demanding it be zero. Would that we had that kind of will power here.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #126 on: March 11, 2021, 06:17:58 pm
R230 - the cost of the 2020 CARES act was $2.2 Trillion, not $0.9 Trillion.
Where was all of this fiscal angst when Trumps GOP minions were busy handing out free money to Corporate America?
The upcoming foreclosure avalanche will be some real fun. If the current Admin can forestall that bit of business, we won't have to relive 1929.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/26/821457551/whats-inside-the-senate-s-2-trillion-coronavirus-aid-package

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CARES_Act

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #127 on: March 12, 2021, 03:07:21 pm
R230 - the cost of the 2020 CARES act was $2.2 Trillion, not $0.9 Trillion.
Where was all of this fiscal angst when Trumps GOP minions were busy handing out free money to Corporate America?
The upcoming foreclosure avalanche will be some real fun. If the current Admin can forestall that bit of business, we won't have to relive 1929.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/26/821457551/whats-inside-the-senate-s-2-trillion-coronavirus-aid-package

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CARES_Act

Well if you wan´t to exterminate half the population in a stalinistic manner under the pretence of global warming than it´s going to cost something obviously.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #128 on: March 12, 2021, 04:39:21 pm
" Well, if you want to exterminate half the population in a Stalinistic manner under the pretense of global warming, then it's going to cost something, obviously. "
Whaaat?
Quite the "non sequitur" there.
The "poor man's atom bomb" is accessible to any country with a Freshman College level biology programme. Distribution is assured by modern air travel.
We've just seen a dry run of a disease with maybe a 1% lethality. Look at the chaos. There are innumerable more possible pathogens, many with a 50% - 80% lethality.
Why would you possibly think that you'd have to spend 4 trillion dollars to do it? Maybe $500K for a lab & air fare and it'd done.
That's why the media focus is on nuclear weapon proliferation, don't want to worry folks about a very real but indefensible threat. How much threat really is a kiloton device with "Fed-Ex and a seatrain/connex" as a delivery system when you have thousands of megatons of ballistic weapons ready to respond? Even for North Korea the only real threat is from pissing off China if you shoot their junkyard dog.
And why would the folks with real money want to exterminate half the "minion" base anyway? Who'd clean up after them? Who'd be left to grub in the dirt for pennies a day to enrich them?
No Derottone, you don't need to spend 4 trillion dollars to achieve a 50% population reduction, and it would be very bad for business if you did. Rest assured no one at the top wants the party to end.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #129 on: March 12, 2021, 05:09:00 pm
I think you highly underestimating that venture, 4 trillion would not be enough in the age of information to get rid of all the evidence. It´s tough enough to sell the deadly virus, even tougher the "voluntary" counter messures.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 05:12:27 pm by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #130 on: March 12, 2021, 07:58:45 pm
Get rid of the evidence? That's normally left in plain sight as a lesson to others. Anyway, you'd just need to convince a whacko 3rd party to initiate a population "runback", no need to do it your self. "Time, distance & shielding resolve a multitude of ills." Old nuke-submariner aphorism.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #131 on: March 12, 2021, 08:36:14 pm
Get rid of the evidence? That's normally left in plain sight as a lesson to others. Anyway, you'd just need to convince a whacko 3rd party to initiate a population "runback", no need to do it your self. "Time, distance & shielding resolve a multitude of ills." Old nuke-submariner aphorism.

:o ....when you sit in a car with 3 or 4 passengers and fart, who smells it first?  ...you want to blow up a place, but you don't want to be accused of it so that you can take over the control, haven´t you learned anything about military strategy?  ;D

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #132 on: March 12, 2021, 09:45:27 pm
When I take over the world I'm going to appoint ACR as my minister of defense. Derottone will be in charge of propaganda, Together we'll rule the universe.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #133 on: March 12, 2021, 10:34:34 pm
When I take over the world I'm going to appoint ACR as my minister of defense. Derottone will be in charge of propaganda, Together we'll rule the universe.

;D
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #134 on: March 12, 2021, 11:19:27 pm
@ # 131:  " you want to blow up a place, but you don't want to be accused of it so that you can take over the control, "
" you'd just need to convince a whacko 3rd party to initiate a population "runback", no need to do it your self. "

That's rather exactly what I said - let a 3rd party do the dirty work. No need to implicate yourself. For a double score, discover & eliminate the "perpetrator" yourself, winning the support of any survivors.

The beauty of bio-weapons is that they generally don't affect resources & infrastructure of the target/victim. That was the rationale behind the neutron bomb. The "Winner" just vaccinates, waits a month or so, then strolls in to claim the prize. Sun Tsu would be proud.

Zimmemr - no need for propaganda, as the victor gets to write the history, yes? Hopefully it won't be in Mandarin or Cantonese this time around...or Cyrillic.