Author Topic: Sweden and California  (Read 77306 times)

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #75 on: January 03, 2021, 10:12:33 am
We have real world issues that are not going to be resolved by ignoring them and doing nothing. That's not entirely true though, as doing nothing is also a choice. If you are "all good" with the probable outcome of inaction, you're already there.

Action or inaction is a matter of economics. What are the real issues, how would you want to solve them and how would you want to pay for it if there is no economy?

I've spent a decade under Gretas yelling for action, nothing is going to be ever enough, nothing is going to be ever able to be sold and made money with. Risk and work for you, safety and profits for them. And I mean 100% safety, do your work as we command and drop death. There is nothing to discuss, there is nothing to do with this crowd.

Na zdrovije, get yourself a gun!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 10:15:17 am by derottone »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #76 on: January 03, 2021, 01:46:52 pm
The U.S. Speaker of the House, Nancy Palosai (pardon the mangling of her last name), had her private home in San Francisco tagged by graffiti a couple of days ago. The message was: "We want it all". (The graffiti didn't say anything about wanting to pay for it all, though.)  ::)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #77 on: January 03, 2021, 05:13:12 pm
@ # 75: I guess we all know where you'll be the evening of 06 Jan 2021...
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #78 on: January 03, 2021, 05:18:02 pm
@ # 76: more info on those "bicameral" taggings -  ;D

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55518151

Vandals in the US have attacked the homes of the leaders of the two houses of Congress on the eve of a new session and the swearing-in of lawmakers.

Police said fake blood and a pig's head were left outside the California home of Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic Speaker of the House of Representatives.

In Kentucky, graffiti was scrawled on the house of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Republican. (i.e.  Where's MY F _ _ _ 'in Money )
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #79 on: January 03, 2021, 05:53:19 pm
@ # 75: I guess we all know where you'll be the evening of 06 Jan 2021...

.....and where should I be? Do you refer to this maybe?

https://www.pacificpundit.com/2020/12/19/donald-trump-says-wild-protest-scheduled-for-january-6-2021-in-dc/

In that case I have to disappoint you, I don't care.  ;)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #80 on: January 03, 2021, 06:10:30 pm
"Na zdrovije, get yourself a gun!" doesn't sound too disinterested to me. Some may misconstrue as proactive even. Or was this a "Sound & Fury" Faulkner moment?

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #81 on: January 03, 2021, 06:16:29 pm
"Na zdrovije, get yourself a gun!" doesn't sound too disinterested to me. Some may misconstrue as proactive even. Or was this a "Sound & Fury" Faulkner moment?

Nope, absolutely not. I'm serious when I'm saying there is no way of dealing with the UBER's.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #82 on: January 03, 2021, 06:43:17 pm
Que son las "UBERs"??

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #83 on: January 03, 2021, 06:56:30 pm
Que son las "UBERs"??

....very good people! Saviour of us all, suffering some kind of Robin Hood syndrome maybe.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #84 on: January 03, 2021, 08:06:58 pm
Sounds like you're referencing the phrase "Uber Gutmensch": literally "about good man". The actual usage is a bit dark. I can see why you wouldn't offer to define it.
Wikipedia has a nice write up as "gutmensch", and the always reliable Twitter has a whole army using "#UbergutMensch".
I hope I'm in the weeds on this - Please enlighten me if I am.   

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #85 on: January 03, 2021, 10:27:44 pm
You know, I exactly need a thousand academics explaining me why wearing a quartz watch in the sauna is not good for the battery in it.  ::)

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #86 on: January 04, 2021, 12:35:10 am
You know, I exactly need a thousand academics explaining me why wearing a quartz watch in the sauna is not good for the battery in it.  ::)

Here is a interesting file. The EU is targeting conspiracy theories in Sweden, what the EU doesn't get is that the harder they "target" the conspiracy theories the more people will clinch on to it. Targeting conspiracy theories is a conspiracy in itself. Surprisingly I've never heard anyone talking about the moon landing being a conspiracy other than those "targeting" conspiracy theories. I've heard about the chemtrails before but always thought it's bullshit until a couple of days before while reading Bill Gates is investing into a research to put particles into the stratosphere. So there could be something to it, right? Or maybe the conspiracy theory inspired the research? Who could possibly know. You would need to effectively outlaw all communication to "target" the spread of conspiracy theories? or Ideas? or what exactly is a conspiracy theory and who owns the truth? The EU?

Tell me the truth and I tell you who you are?

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #87 on: January 04, 2021, 02:03:44 am
Who needs conspiracy theories when stuff like this actually exists?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfish_Prime

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_(aircraft)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glomar_Explorer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Popeye

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding  ( back in 1891 !! )

"truth" is repeatable, observable, verifiable fact. Facebook & Twitter are not repositories of "truth".

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #88 on: January 18, 2021, 12:48:08 pm
Some very old-fashioned Swedish activity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBX5qh09OIE

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #89 on: January 18, 2021, 01:18:12 pm
Some very old-fashioned Swedish activity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBX5qh09OIE

A.

If I've watched one of these, I've watched 100. And I mean "the one man building it ALL" type. They are just incredibly impressive. I've also watched 1,000 others of people doing it on their own. You have to have done at least some work of that kind to really appreciate the work involved.
I heated a whole house exclusively with a Fisher wood stove for 12 years in the '70s and the wood was cut and hauled and cut again and split all by me from our own woodlot. Also bought and hauled the stove (600#) home, got it in the house, installed it and managed not to start a chimney fire that whole 12 year time. I was also in the volunteer fire department and idiots were burning down their own houses with wood stoves at about one a week in the '70s while clutching their Whole Earth Catalogs to the breasts and muttering "What happened? What happened"?.

That stove was then used by my daughter for another 5 years until the ex-wife sold the house and property. It then got moved to her new boyfriend's work shop and is probably still there. 

Anyway. All I mean is, I appreciate the work and skill involved.

I like the Swedish or Norwegian cabin builders best. What those people can do (many of them old men) with wood is amazing.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 01:26:14 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.