Author Topic: Himalayan Graphic  (Read 1035 times)

Juaquine

• Scooter
on: November 21, 2020, 05:46:13 pm
Hey friends, I want to paint the name of my bike across the front fender. To do that I need to make an accurate mockup.

Does anyone have a copy of the graphic/font as a vector graphic/illustrator/photoshop file? I realize this is a long shot but I figured it was worth a try before I made one myself. ;)

Cheers.

oldphart

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 04:36:48 am
I used to paint logos and graphics on model aeroplanes. I just printed up what I wanted using a word processor like MS Word, printed it onto clear contact, cut out the letters, stuck it onto the model and sprayed it with spray can paint.
Grandpa Slow

2021 Classic 500

Juaquine

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 02:45:05 pm
printed it onto clear contact, cut out the letters, stuck it onto the model and sprayed it with spray can paint.
[/quote]

This is a really smart way to go. Do you have any suggestions about types of paint to use? Since this will be outdoors, exposed to rain, dirt, and mud, I want something that is going to resist damage for a while.

oldphart

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 06:52:06 am
printed it onto clear contact, cut out the letters, stuck it onto the model and sprayed it with spray can paint.

This is a really smart way to go. Do you have any suggestions about types of paint to use? Since this will be outdoors, exposed to rain, dirt, and mud, I want something that is going to resist damage for a while.
Automotive spray can?
I used to use a spray gun and paint that needed to resist methanol and nitro methane - you don't need that for this job.

You can get some bleeding under the contact. A very light dusting first along the edges can help there.

Oh, and pull the contact while the paint is still wet enough to tear along the edge. Practice a bit and it becomes obvious pretty quickly.
Grandpa Slow

2021 Classic 500