Author Topic: Redditch Royal Enfield Frame and Engine Numbers  (Read 859 times)

NeilS

• Scooter
on: October 02, 2022, 01:26:02 pm
Afternoon all, would anyone be able to advise me of any publications etc where I could find list of frame and engine numbers from mid 1950’s on wards.
I want to understand the Royal Enfield I have as research before rebuilding.
Many thanks
Neil

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 04:28:05 pm
From David Blasco's excellent Royal Enfield Blog:

https://www.royalenfields.com/

" If you would like to know how old your Royal Enfield is, or just wish to have its age confirmed, please email your frame and engine numbers to:
Graham.Scarth01@gmail.com

Graham is happy to be of assistance in this matter to all RE owners wherever they reside. Note that you may be asked to provide photos of the number stampings, along with one of the complete machine. email your frame and engine numbers to:
Graham.Scarth01@gmail.com

Graham is happy to be of assistance in this matter to all RE owners wherever they reside. Note that you may be asked to provide photos of the number stampings, along with one of the complete machine. More information. "

Graham is the "infomeister" for REOC. To keep things easy,send clear pics of the bike, both sides, and the frame & engine numbers.

Good hunting - ACR -
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

NeilS

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 05:22:29 pm
Thank you for that, what I’m generally interested in is looking to add to my trials collection and understanding frame and engine nos covering the dates for Redditch mid 50’s though to early 60’s if any books cover this many thanks

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 06:48:47 pm
Here's a great place to look for info & literary references on Royal Enfield historical numbering:

https://www.royalenfield.org.uk/
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

NeilS

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 12:21:51 pm
Thank you for that I’ve found a link there to some books that will help