Author Topic: Help Please!. Fitting 20mm Lowered Shock Absorbers to an Interceptor 650.  (Read 936 times)

PeteGee

• Perfect Pete!
  • Neophyte
  • NEW TO BIKING
Has anyone got a step by step guide in how to fit Hitchcock's PART No. 92784/340 - REAR SHOCK ABSORBERS 340mm (20mm Shorter than std), PAIR, OPEN CHROME SPRINGS, 650 Interceptor+650 GT - Hagon Shock Absorbers.

Basically, the hole dimensions on the Original RE Shocks is 360mm.
So, If I remove these how do I then fit the shortened (By 20mm) 340mm Hagon Shocks.

After I remove one of the original shocks, I would have to compress the Suspension somehow, but how would you do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Pete.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Some sort of wedge under the rear wheel with the bike on the centre stand to hold the swinging arm while you take BOTH the old ones out, move the wedge forward to bring the mounts up to the right height?

Just a guess.

A.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 07:35:17 pm by Adrian II »
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
You could use a strap around the wheel and over the seat.

JP33090

• Grease Monkey
You’re over thinking it. 20mm is a pretty negligible difference. I did mine on the kick stand. I did one side at a time and pressed down on the seat to compress the suspension a little in order to line the holes up. I am by no means a mechanic and it was a quick job.