Author Topic: Driving lights that look correct.  (Read 3618 times)

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #30 on: October 03, 2022, 03:24:21 am
I recognized that windshield immediately  :)
When you mounted the lights, lock washers, or blue locktite ?
I have the RE flyscreen on mine, I think I can mount those lights on the bracket for that.
My only other consideration is if they are too close to the turn signals.
Not surprised that you of all people would spot it. It doesn't show up in the photo but at the base of the windshield there is an recessed, black on black Suzuki logo. I was going fill it in and repaint the black. But then one day at a sidewalk coffee shop, I heard a guy professorially explain to his girlfriend that my bike was a vintage Suzuki.
_ As for the mounting, just blue locktite. The lights weigh nothing and the cords will serve as runaway straps.
_ As for proximity to the turn signals, I think you are right about them getting washed out. However if you got the Blinker Genie you could have the driving lights serve as complimentary directional lights (in yellow mode).
https://www.amazon.com/Custom-LED-Blinker-Genie-Motorcycles/dp/B00KH18U7W
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

Oregonstaffy

• Scooter
Reply #31 on: October 03, 2022, 02:59:12 pm
Thanks, I've been considering a device like the genie, it's on my list along with a set of those lights.

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: October 03, 2022, 03:30:43 pm
Not surprised that you of all people would spot it. It doesn't show up in the photo but at the base of the windshield there is an recessed, black on black Suzuki logo. I was going fill it in and repaint the black. But then one day at a sidewalk coffee shop, I heard a guy professorially explain to his girlfriend that my bike was a vintage Suzuki.
_ As for the mounting, just blue locktite. The lights weigh nothing and the cords will serve as runaway straps.
_ As for proximity to the turn signals, I think you are right about them getting washed out. However if you got the Blinker Genie you could have the driving lights serve as complimentary directional lights (in yellow mode).
https://www.amazon.com/Custom-LED-Blinker-Genie-Motorcycles/dp/B00KH18U7W
If the driving lights have one wire for white, a second wire for yellow and a ground(common/earth), you don’t need anything else to accomplish the task. Just run a wire from the second (yellow inout) wire to each of your indicators.
2022 Rocker Red Continental GT650

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #33 on: October 03, 2022, 03:54:03 pm
If the driving lights have one wire for white, a second wire for yellow and a ground(common/earth), you don’t need anything else to accomplish the task. Just run a wire from the second (yellow inout) wire to each of your indicators.
That is true. It does, however, add a layer of marksmanship to remember to have your low beam on when turning.
The Blinker Genie, which I usually use on the rear to make the indicators serve as rear running lights. The blink by shutting them off to create the "blink". I think the device can be used also switch the driving lights to yellow and bling without regard to the headlight setting. Obviously, I haven't employed one for this arrangement yet. I thought I'd let you sort it out. ;) It is an off-label application but I'm sure enough to say it publicly.
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R