Author Topic: Super Meteor 650  (Read 12458 times)

20MarkIII

• Grand Gearhead
  • East Central Indiana, USA
Reply #75 on: March 22, 2024, 02:02:50 pm
Had a chance to see the new Super Meteor at a dealership a week ago. Nothing like the INT 650. My choice would be the Celestial Blue variant. I hope the Shotgun comes to the America as the foot controls appear to be mid style. If RE produces a 650 that rides as comfortably as the Meteor 350 I would be tempted.

AzKev

• Grease Monkey
  • Arizona, USA
Reply #76 on: March 22, 2024, 03:12:27 pm
Had a chance to see the new Super Meteor at a dealership a week ago. Nothing like the INT 650. My choice would be the Celestial Blue variant. I hope the Shotgun comes to the America as the foot controls appear to be mid style. If RE produces a 650 that rides as comfortably as the Meteor 350 I would be tempted.

Sounds like we are of the same mind. I have a Meteor 350 in Fireball Yellow (looks like you do too from your profile pic lol) and was originally stoked to hear about the Super Meteor. But I'm not a fan of forward controls and was disappointed to see that went with them on it. I too have been eagerly awaiting the Shotgun because, as you mentioned, the foot placement and controls looks much more similar to the Meteor 350. I found out just yesterday that Royal Enfield is doing a demo event at my local dealer on April 11-12th, and I am STOKED! Can't wait to try out a Shotgun.

I'll come back to this thread and update afterwards. I'm on the short side, only 5'6", and I know the Shotgun is slightly taller than the Meteor. I'm hoping I can still get two feet down, at least touching. If so, I may very well be tempted to do a trade-in - much to my wife's dismay! Haha
Keepin' the shiny side up - ride safe everyone 😊👍

Dan47

• Neophyte
Reply #77 on: March 28, 2024, 09:28:23 pm
Hullo, I'm new here as well :) Prospective Super Meteor 650 buyer, I'm teetering between that and a Kawasaki Vulcan S.
I finally went with the SM650. I took delivery of it yesterday, and so far I'm extremely happy with it  ;D

I put 200km on it on the first day, absolutely fantastic and a joy to ride. It's my first bike so I was a little anxious about how I'd feel about motorbikes in general, but I felt much more at ease than I thought I would.

Thanks for the kind words. As to the lights:

I haven't ridden at night, so I can't yet comment on that. I will say, however, that the Denali lights are both VERY bright, so I expect they'll do their job at night.

I threw in some night-time riding on twisty backroads yesterday just to see how well the stock lights are, and in my opinion some side-shooting extra pods are a *must*.

The stock headlight is bright enough and on high-beams reaches out as far as you'll ever reasonably need... in a straight line. It has absolutely *zero* illumination to the sides though.

On a dark moonless night I couldn't see squat on the other side of a corner, even with clear line of sight. I had to go through turns that I know like the back of my hand at much lower speeds than I would have during the day just because I couldn't be certain there wasn't anything in my path (animals, debris etc).

Absolutely beautiful machine otherwise. Can't wait to enjoy it more.

Senior Moment

• Scooter
Reply #78 on: March 28, 2024, 10:04:32 pm
I finally went with the SM650. I took delivery of it yesterday, and so far I'm extremely happy with it  ;D

I put 200km on it on the first day, absolutely fantastic and a joy to ride. It's my first bike so I was a little anxious about how I'd feel about motorbikes in general, but I felt much more at ease than I thought I would.

I threw in some night-time riding on twisty backroads yesterday just to see how well the stock lights are, and in my opinion some side-shooting extra pods are a *must*.

The stock headlight is bright enough and on high-beams reaches out as far as you'll ever reasonably need... in a straight line. It has absolutely *zero* illumination to the sides though.

On a dark moonless night I couldn't see squat on the other side of a corner, even with clear line of sight. I had to go through turns that I know like the back of my hand at much lower speeds than I would have during the day just because I couldn't be certain there wasn't anything in my path (animals, debris etc).

Absolutely beautiful machine otherwise. Can't wait to enjoy it more.

Thanks for your report about night riding. I still haven't ridden at night yet (or much in the day lately due to weather) but I hope to soon.

Regarding beam patterns, I found this video helpful in making my purchase decision. I'm assuming/hoping it will prove accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=perDt9R2Txs
2024 Super Meteor 650 | 23 February 2024