Author Topic: 2020 RE 500  (Read 5102 times)

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: February 08, 2020, 08:14:25 am
Indian 500cc domestic sales are down around 4000 a month these days:

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/396559/royal-enfield-sales-plummet-january-2020/

It is not surprising they are dropping it domestically.

They are probably reserving any left over engines for the much more lucrative export marker.

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
  • From the New Hampshire part of New Jersey
Reply #31 on: February 08, 2020, 12:56:03 pm
I haven't read every posting in this thread, but it seems that they are discontinuing the "current 500 engine". I have, and I figure most of you have, seen the NEW 500 CC single test mule bike, but I don't remember where the pic was. The engine looked more modern, but not modern, and I was unimpressed with the overall styling of the bike. They are not just going to give up on the 350 and 500 class. Whether is is to be exported or not, I have no idea. I doubt if there are enough lunatics like us in the USA to make much of a dent in sales. Even with a counter balancer in the new 500, how many Americans, Brits, Aussies .....pick your favorites....want an old school 500 single that is not very fast? I know I do, and I know you do, but we are odd.................at least I am.
9fingers
Currently own:

2016 Classic Chrome Maroon
2020 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
V Strom 650 ABS Adventure
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 250 TMI custom frame
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #32 on: February 08, 2020, 07:45:19 pm
Odd??? Me??? Ha ha ha! ;D  actually, I'm sure you're right 9 Fingers, but it seems to me that they are the odd ones!  ;) Afraid that if they buy the most gorgeous bike on the planet, they might have to put forth a little "elbow grease", or actually feel a vibration...OMG!!!  :o

I have to say too, these things get 75-85 mpg easy, I think mine still gets something like that even after many mods. Still not good enough? Oh well... I guess I'm just odd, what do I know?  ???
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Markus Oz

• Scooter
Reply #33 on: February 09, 2020, 05:41:18 am
Hi, I recently bought a 2019 500 Classic Chrome, and have now done 800km. I realize it's not a fast bike, but I'm enjoying the lazy riding style. I have replaced the heavy standard muffler with an aftermarket one. Cannot tell you the name of it but the dealer recommended it. It's the same style, but shorter, much lighter and sounds great. Not too loud. I have also had installed the Carbery plate, which has made a bit of difference, together with the front sprocket increased by one tooth. I love the Classic Chrome, but I also like the look of the all black very last model as shown in this thread.