Author Topic: sprag clutch  (Read 1969 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #30 on: March 10, 2024, 11:11:39 am
Eventual was able to open up the the case . The sprag clutch I bought off Ebay is incorrect the part shown on Hitchcocks stated part number 560011 , the one I bought on Ebay said it was a direct replacement for 560011 ?  However I think the original part number should be #15 560042 it's held in with a circlip . Thanks for all your help guys .

Go back to my Reply #10 in this thread where I pointed out the Ebay part might not be correct. It was only one piece of the total sprag clutch.

Click on the link in my Reply #10. Part #14 in that exploded view is what you needed. Part #10 is what you got off Ebay & is only part of the whole AVL sprag clutch.

Hitchcocks is a bit confusing now, I think. If you search on 560042 you don't get the correct sprag clutch for the AVL.

Good luck with it. I'm gonna pull my old invoices later & I'll see exactly the Part # I ordered & see what I get when I search on that number.

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #31 on: March 10, 2024, 11:47:35 am

Hitchcocks is a bit confusing now, I think. If you search on 560042 you don't get the correct sprag clutch for the 2008 AVL.

Good luck with it. I'm gonna pull my old invoices later & I'll see exactly the Part # I ordered & see what I get when I search on that number.             

I pulled my invoice dated 8-19-2021 & it was Part #560042 that was shipped to me.

Then I went to Hitchcrocks and searched on 560042 & what you get a picture of is not what I got.

So then I went to the Parts Book for 2008 Electra X & find that all the Part #s have been changed. The complete sprag is now Part #17 in the exploded view.

https://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/partsbook-pages/6115

So I give up. It's just giving me a headache. I think if you haven't already ordered it, you should call Hitchcocks. And this thread has now become kind of more confusion than it is help & I'm just gonna pull out of commenting any more. Perhaps you should start a new Subject Line & start over.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 11:51:45 am by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.