Author Topic: Fitting a carburetor onto a 2013 C5 - my review  (Read 6179 times)

sagefilio

• Scooter
Reply #45 on: April 18, 2021, 03:40:43 pm
Quick update here: I've been going back and forth with Hitchcock's about the cable not working.

After seeing their photos of their own carb and it's setup, I had a hunch they sent me the wrong carb. After measuring it they in fact had sent me a mikuni VM36, not VM32.

Hitchcock's has been great, they apologized for it, apparently all of their carbs come to them prepackaged and this VM36 must of gotten into the mix from the supplier by accident. They're sending out a new VM32, I'll get it mounted and hopefully the cable will have plenty of play to adjust!

I've got some parts from this swap that I'd like to offer up to members here, think I should start a new thread or post it here?

jez

• Scooter
Reply #46 on: April 25, 2021, 08:54:33 pm
 I bought my bike with all the Hitchcocks tuning already on it and carb. I sort of understand carbs. I don't understand electronics or computors. I have the type of brain that has trouble understanding concepts. Carbs are mechanical. I can look at it and understand it, and I grew up with carbs. I don't even have a mobile phone. I'm not surprised you had trouble with a 36, a 32 Amal only just fits.....