Author Topic: Which bike would you buy ?  (Read 9810 times)

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #45 on: September 04, 2010, 12:59:14 am
You know the Brough Superior SS100 is being reproduced don't you?

Reproduced  or  re-produced?   ;)
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #46 on: September 04, 2010, 01:01:25 am
 :D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #47 on: September 04, 2010, 05:12:14 pm
Look, I've already made an ass of myself by declaring to my wife that I was buying that cafe racer in 2012.  Those guys in India better not blow it for me.  Ok ScooterBob... you get it on weekends, and every other Friday.  I get it on weekdays.

singhg5: I like your picks.
jdrouin: Really like the F800 style, but I prefer the S to the ST.  Only sold 2 years in the states and I let a beautiful one slip through my fingers.

My list might look different.  I hope I don't come off as too "youthful."  ;)

1. If money was not an issue , and you had to buy ONE brand new in-production bike, which one would you buy? And why ?

Ducati Hypermotard 796.  It's ugly, sure... but I think it would make the best Boston commuter.  Our best roads rival some trials trails out there.  Tall, upright.  Nimble.  Power up and down, but not too much.  Oh... and the perfect amount of hooligan.  I'm really into the Motards... even though that is the worst name for anything, ever.

2. Same question, but with a price limit of a) 10k  b) 15k  c) 20k  d) 25k  e) >25k

a.) AVL or EFI Bullet with Continental or Scrambler kit.
b.) Honda 600RR with ABS.
c.) New Norton Commando
d.) Aprilia RSV4
e.) Any machine from Deus or Wrenchmonkeys (do those count?).

I could interchange a few dozen different bikes anywhere in there, but this list might give an idea of my diverse interests.  I would totally ride a Honda Monkey or Gorilla too without hesitation.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM