Author Topic: My New Ride-The 650 Interceptor/2nd time Around!  (Read 36067 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #45 on: December 07, 2019, 11:58:10 am
olhogrider is right, of course - however, I do love a good rant now and again, and yours, wildbill, was one of the more creative I've seen in awhile!  ;D

Forget about the haters.  If you post something online, you will  be disliked by someone!  Unless... a thumbs-down affects your channel somehow?  In that case, fire away!!!

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #46 on: December 07, 2019, 07:45:21 pm
On the upside,  at least thumbs down guy must be making an effort to watch the video. That has to be a good thing? You can't make everyone happy.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: December 07, 2019, 11:21:13 pm
the story is now out that a lot of the non performing you-tube channels will close in a matter of months -that will include mine. not enough looks/subs and don't make any money for youtube. in some ways I don't care that much any-more. if I go it won't save me a few $$$ it will stop me spending thousands of $$$ on something which has turned into a bad addiction with little to no reward.
going back a couple of months that is one reason I decided to get rid of all the bikes. I was just buying new bikes and doing youtube test for a few hundred looks...lol then dropping $2k up to $4500 on the sale.
I went through 10 bikes last year - 8 were new to try and see which would get it going and probably lost $30K or more. plus the new car and the watches and the other crap so 019 was an expensive year. in some cases I bought new bikes just for the sake of trying to get the friggin channel moving. sure I have ads on the channel and I got back some cash. yeah like $182 in total...LOL

the this guy got me on a bad day and on the tube-they are always there....lol

Jim Kubitza commented: "This Interceptor vid sucks. Doesn't even show the bike until half way through. I could give a shit about railroad tracks."

well jim -here's what I would do if I were you. save up your money and make sure you pay in cash-just like me. then go out and buy a bike. get yourself a camera and a working channel.
go out and waste your time and shoot a railroad track and don't forget the train plus add the bike at the start of the video so I can leave early. edit such and put it together.
let me know when its up and running and I will evaluate YOUR work and give you an honest appraisal free of charge

mwmosser

• Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #48 on: December 07, 2019, 11:27:11 pm
Well said. Very few people appreciate how hard it is to make a YouTube video channel work. Kudos to you for the attempt, even if it folds next year. I've enjoyed them for sure.
2019 Interceptor 650 Mark Three

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: December 08, 2019, 01:51:39 pm
Nice one Wildbill - you hit the nail on the head or the A-ole in the mouth ????
2020 RE 650 GT (Mr Clean)
2014 C5
56 MGA
58 Healey 3000 (Resto in Progress)
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid
Tipo 184 Kit ordered & awaiting delivery for build👍

Ove

• Grease Monkey
Reply #50 on: December 08, 2019, 03:13:45 pm
That's a shame, I enjoyed your bullet videos.  Keep riding though, might be more fun without the pressure?

All the best.

Dr Mayhem

• Grease Monkey
Reply #51 on: December 08, 2019, 04:34:32 pm

the this guy got me on a bad day and on the tube-they are always there....lol

Jim Kubitza commented: "This Interceptor vid sucks. Doesn't even show the bike until half way through. I could give a shit about railroad tracks."

Well, I guess I'm just the opposite of this guy because I have several highly desirable bikes and a parts stash even I can't believe to look at if I feel like looking!

I mostly watch YouTube bike related video for other things, like (hopefully) beautiful drone footage of countryside different from my own and genuine personality, if the uploader has one that is LoL, and if it's an attractive girl also is great if she's not a total dipshit. Another thing I like about the girls is how they're light on the stupid mansplaining of everything bike people already know ;)
Guy
19 Conti GT in Dr Mayhem paint 08/24/2019
06 HD Street Bob
04 Buell XB12S Lightning

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #52 on: December 08, 2019, 06:56:02 pm
Will miss your videos as well but fully understand how hard it is to make this.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #53 on: December 09, 2019, 04:31:44 am
I too have a drone i bought  few weeks back but so far only put it up once. Since then been too windy to try again. Only time will tell if the channel stays or goes so anything can happen from the 10th December onwards. i was told one day you could go to your channel and it no longer exists and your totally blocked.

Now I wouldn't class my videos as - that good - but I have seen worse too but saying that I never leave anything negative on another channel either. You don't know who it offends and some are trying pretty hard to hit targets.

I've asked a couple of the bigger channels why don't they do clips on thumbs down hits and see if they can make it compulsory on youtube if you hit the thumbs down button - your username is shown and you have to comment why! or you action is void. I think that would stop a lot of this crap. I am not totally against the down vote but lets be realistic-any one of you could go to youtube now and click on 100 video and thumb down the lot and not watch one. Just saying.

At least if it was compulsory the creator could decide if he/she would like to respond. 
Some guys say they put 16 hours into a clip. not me! I'd say when I bring it home and sit by the computer 30 to 45 minutes max. I would want to earn real money to sit for that long -not bird seed.

I know my line of work isn't as a you tube creator but I do like trying it.
I was actually going to run a bird breeding/mutation channel instead but bird breeders are an extremely jealous lot of humans and the hot items I carry in stock are expensive and rare and annoys them and they are very hard to breed.
So I may have done a bit of cash this year but in reality it really wasn't mine. I sort of just leased it off my feathered friends..lol

Dr Mayhem

• Grease Monkey
Reply #54 on: December 09, 2019, 10:03:43 pm
I too have a drone i bought  few weeks back but so far only put it up once. Since then been too windy to try again. Only time will tell if the channel stays or goes so anything can happen from the 10th December onwards. i was told one day you could go to your channel and it no longer exists and your totally blocked.

Now I wouldn't class my videos as - that good - but I have seen worse too but saying that I never leave anything negative on another channel either. You don't know who it offends and some are trying pretty hard to hit targets.

I've asked a couple of the bigger channels why don't they do clips on thumbs down hits and see if they can make it compulsory on youtube if you hit the thumbs down button - your username is shown and you have to comment why! or you action is void. I think that would stop a lot of this crap. I am not totally against the down vote but lets be realistic-any one of you could go to youtube now and click on 100 video and thumb down the lot and not watch one. Just saying.

At least if it was compulsory the creator could decide if he/she would like to respond. 
Some guys say they put 16 hours into a clip. not me! I'd say when I bring it home and sit by the computer 30 to 45 minutes max. I would want to earn real money to sit for that long -not bird seed.

I know my line of work isn't as a you tube creator but I do like trying it.
I was actually going to run a bird breeding/mutation channel instead but bird breeders are an extremely jealous lot of humans and the hot items I carry in stock are expensive and rare and annoys them and they are very hard to breed.
So I may have done a bit of cash this year but in reality it really wasn't mine. I sort of just leased it off my feathered friends..lol

https://youtu.be/TIb-lhwrkjU

Didn't even give this guy a thumbs down, LoL

I mean, what's the point anyway? Even if you thumbs down someone for a perceived good reason it isn't going to change anything.
Sometimes I'll leave a negative comment to a really annoyingly bad guitar riff for example, but never a thumbs down. Then I'll block them from showing up in my feed again!
Guy
19 Conti GT in Dr Mayhem paint 08/24/2019
06 HD Street Bob
04 Buell XB12S Lightning

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #55 on: December 11, 2019, 10:11:33 am
my 1,000 kl report on the bike

https://youtu.be/GmG35qcMjAI

Breezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2019 Interceptor, 2021 R NineT
Reply #56 on: December 12, 2019, 12:22:41 pm
my 1,000 kl report on the bike

https://youtu.be/GmG35qcMjAI
Nice one. Interesting that about the oil. I'm thinking of a 'bonus', i.e. non-official, change soon. I'm on 1,500 miles.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #57 on: December 12, 2019, 03:26:05 pm
Maybe I'm easily amused, but I really enjoyed the constantly moving views of that gorgeous chrome machine!  8)

The golden color of the ground was pretty cool too (and the arched gate in the background). I first thought it was autumn leaves during the ride, but when you stopped the dirt was the same color!

If I heard you right, that Silk-O-Lene oil you tried out was pretty expensive stuff, must've had 24 k gold as an additive!   :o ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 03:28:33 pm by Narada »
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: December 13, 2019, 12:25:01 am
that particular oil cost me AU$110 plus AU$30 for delivery as I could not pick it up locally. so far I've run it roughly 500 miles in the bike. prior to that over the past 7 years all my bikes have run the one oil Penrite hpr gas 10 - its a semi synthetic.

so far I have not notice any big difference in the bike with that oil. some may but I have not. but it may be just too early to notice. I did have gearbox change issues and had a neutral issue from 5th to 6th gear.

I dropped the shifter from 31cm to 29.5 and that helped some-what. did the oil change and noticed very little. adjusted the clutch and that did and so far in the last 200 miles have only hit that neutral incident once.

now if the oil was on the shelf I may pay $110 again but a pre-order at $140 - I don't think I will go the distance.

if they make a fully synthetic i'd really like to try a Penrite oil next and I might do that at say 3000 klm as I feel confident I will still have the bike then. i'm just on 1300 klm now plus this is actually the furthest I've rode an Endield now for quite a few years...lol

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #59 on: December 17, 2019, 01:00:48 pm
finally got that slash/cut exhaust fitted to the bike and complete with a ride by test ride.

https://youtu.be/4Dm3G0YSBx8