Author Topic: INT650 wins the Scrambler class at Cycle World High Pipe Festival!!  (Read 1653 times)

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
This weekend in Big Pines California, Cycle World Magazine sponsored the High Pipe Festival. A celebration of scramblers and other dual purpose bikes. Ducati had a fleet of Scramblers on hand for test rides. There were on/off road excursions called MOB rides. There was ax throwing and beer drinking. I participated in all of it.

Mine was the only Royal Enfield and one of the least suited for the event. On the rocky dirt downhill section I found out why all those off road guys want the ability to switch off the ABS. The combination of 100% street tread and ABS had me accelerating with the bike in first gear and the brakes on all the way! I had just installed the RE skid plate a few days before. Good thing too because it has a good sized dent in it now. That could have easily been my engine block.

In the parking lot they had an obstacle course setup. Nothing too scary. Not like trials or anything, just some boards and a teeter totter as well as cones for tight turns. They had a few categories. Nothing for pure street so they put me in the "Scrambler" class. and I won!!!

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Did you get a trophy and bungee it to your handlebars like Marlon Brando in 'The Wild One'...'Cause that would show those cretins seemingly unable to read the gas tank who ask what it is and say, "Royal what?"
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Of course! Also, Iv'e pulled the badges and put on oversized ROYAL ENFIELD decals. Most common question "What are you riding?" Most common response was "Oh! That's yours!" :D

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
  • From the New Hampshire part of New Jersey
Well done! You must be quite a good rider!
9fingers
Currently own:

2016 Classic Chrome Maroon
2020 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
V Strom 650 ABS Adventure
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 250 TMI custom frame
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350