Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I only noticed it after a while. My bike has now 6000km and runs just fine.
Other marques / CSC Wolf 125cc Trail Bike
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 05:29:00 am »
Do these look familiar...?

https://cscmotorcycles.com/wolf-125/

2025 Wolf 125 ; $1,995.00 - $2,090.00 ; Arriving: Late Fall 2024

Everything You Need for Riding FUN; Nothing You Don’t

NEW for 2025! The CSC 125 “Wolf” delivers compact performance perfectly balanced with reliability and simplicity.

This classic retro style, all-terrain motorcycle includes a step-through frame, rear luggage rack, wire spoke wheels, dual rear coil over shocks, twin lower frame tubes with skid plate offset by an upswept chrome enduro exhaust.

Modern engineering starts with the electronic fuel-injected motor for trouble-free performance and maximum fuel economy (estimated at over 125 MPGs!) The strong motor is air-cooled for simplicity and minimal maintenance. Power is delivered via a four speed semi-automatic transmission with NO clutch lever. Shifting is handled via the automatic centrifugal clutch and the left foot lever.

Turn the key and hit the electric starter for effortless operation. But the “Wolf” is also equipped with an old-school kick starter to ensure that you are never stranded with a dead battery. (Ask CSC to install an optional Battery Tender on your new motorcycle during the pre-delivery process.) The motorcycle is also outfitted with modern LED lights – headlight, taillight and turn signals so you will never change a burned-out bulb!

High handlebars provide a comfortable seating position with maximum visibility along with dual mirrors. The modern dash is complete with a digital speedometer, tachometer, odometer, fuel gauge and low fuel light, clock, battery voltage, indicator for low/high beam, turn signals and neutral indicator lights. You will also find a USB outlet to charge your phone or power a GPS. The right lever controls the powerful front brake with a perforated disc, while the right foot lever controls the sealed rear drum brake.

The lightweight 225-pound cycle is as maneuverable as a smaller scooter in traffic. But the large 17-inch dual-sport tires provide much greater comfort and control on both paved streets and unpaved back roads. With the handy center stand, the cycle fits in the same size parking space as a bicycle. It also includes a front steering lock for security. (For added security, CSC recommends the optional cable lock.)

650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Belt drive conversion?
« Last Post by NJ Mike on Today at 02:40:51 am »
People talk about "the facts", but I've yet to see them.

The "studies" I've seen were commissioned by belt manufacturers, and they were comparing new belts to debilitated chains that THEY had decided best represented the condition of "real world" chain drives.  Spray salt water on a chain and belt before testing and we shouldn't be surprised if the belt wins.

If you have seen a study that compares well adjusted moto belts to well adjusted and lubed moto chains, you should share it.

I'll certainly grant that there is less maintenance with a belt.   On the other hand, the chain offers:
    Better durability
    Higher load capacity
    Easier ratio change
    Substantially less expensive component replacement cost.

My study is self-funded and I have no product to push.

I ride in the rain, and I take trips that go for 2500-3000 miles, and sometimes it rains for a lot of those trips. 

My bike makes a lot less HP and torque than many bikes that have belts that last a long time. And my bike weighs half of a Harley, and I will only ride one up, so the load shouldn’t be an issue.

A replacement belt will cost less than one of the two or three sets of chains and sprockets that would have worn out over the life of the belt.

My gearing is set and I see no need to change it.

I don’t care if a belt or chain is more efficient in delivering power to my rear wheel. But I do like the fact that there will not be any more chain spluge to clean, and that the belt should last 30k miles. The six sets of tires that I will go through over the life of the belt will be a less dirty job. And I don’t have to worry about adjusting while in a long trip.

For me, it’s all upside. Everyone else will have to come to their own conclusions.
350 J Platform / Re: Big Dang Bikes
« Last Post by Carl350 on Yesterday at 08:37:48 pm »
I've always thought that there's three kinds of ADV riders. 

Group 1: purchase an ADV as a as "someday bike".  As in, "Someday I'm going to go ride off into the woods" or "Someday I'm going to take this thing on a camping trip."

Group 2: purchase an ADV as a "capability bike".  As in, "I don't have any intention to go off-road, but if I ever find myself wanting to / needing to, I'll already have the capability to do so."

Group 3: purchase an ADV to do a mix of on-road and actual off-road riding.  It can be a camping trip once a year, but they really do intend - and actually get out and do it - at least occasionally.

Interestingly enough, I think that the same three general groups apply to SUVs and truck owners as well.

Group 4:  They like the greater road presence a larger, taller bike has (safer) and the better view from a higher riding position, bought knowing they are never gonna off-road it or ride it RTW.

650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Replacement Rear Brake Pedal for the GT650?
« Last Post by btordxc on Yesterday at 08:18:22 pm »
Forgive me if this topic has come up before, but has anyone found a suitable replacement brake pedal for the Continental? I know TEC do one for the Interceptor but maybe there is a replacement from another model of motorcycle that could be adapted for the GT650. Any ideas?
Campfire Talk / Re: ישראל כחזית השלישית
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Yesterday at 07:19:25 pm »
"… And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair share of abuse
We're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't we're gonna blow a fifty-amp fuse"

Even your warped attempt to shift it to others is a true sign of either your ignorance or agreement of what's taking place.
Seriously? The constant NSA, CIA & FBI warnings about foreign agent internet bots spreading disinformation ring any bells? You've never been to college and seen up close & personal the need for kids to join a cause to feel part of a group that matters?

"Your not worth any effort to further dispute your anti-Israel claims."  (again, the contraction of "you are" is you're)
You need to do some fancy mental gymnastics to get anti-israel out of my posts. Or just really enjoy making things up.

EXPLAIN what YOU think is taking place, THEN we can have a discussion. It's really tiresome talking to someone unwilling or unable to explain their perspective. It would be helpful to include objectively verifiable references. I'm not holding my breath though.
Campfire Talk / Re: ישראל כחזית השלישית
« Last Post by Racer57 on Yesterday at 06:53:30 pm »
"internet bot driven pro-palestinian recreational college "Fight Club" dissent. "    Its sickening how extreme Liberals like you do not take seriously the threats and violence against the Jewish community to the point of condoning their threats. Even your warped attempt to shift it to others is a true sign of either your ignorance or agreement of what's taking place. Your not worth any effort to further dispute your anti-Israel claims. 

Your preference to not believe my attachment and inability to compare it to what's going on now isn't my problem.

Your talent for obfuscation is epic. The 4 cent paper attachment is a obviously a historical artifact accurately documenting a past event. I know about the Nazis. The comparison of internet bot driven pro-palestinian recreational college "Fight Club" dissent to actual Nazi tactics to subvert & take over a nation is absurd. The GOPPPW has that well covered, largely recycling internet Russian & Chinese bot driven disinformation. Again, mostly a "Fight Club" scenario.

I really fail to understand your reliance on vague & amorphous posts. It's easy to say what you mean. Clarity is essential for  actual communication, if that's the intent.

Here's where you got your post from. How you can casually state that I "don't believe" your attachment is unsupported, especially in light of the vague nature of the original verbiage.

27 October 1932 <<  https://www.jta.org/archive/19-jewish-students-injured-as-new-nazi-attacks-occur-at-vienna-colleges
http://pdfs.jta.org/1932/1932-10-27_2386.pdf?_ga=2.181115173.305711969.1714146048-1770791505.1714146048  >>
350 J Platform / Re: Big Dang Bikes
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Yesterday at 06:23:53 pm »
@ #6: +1! Salient observations. In Arizona we have a similar relationship with boats, curious for a state with maybe 3 big lakes... ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10