Author Topic: Interceptor Mod Update  (Read 2668 times)

Blazes Boylan

• Grand Gearhead
  • Brooklyn
on: March 31, 2021, 04:31:34 am
Baak handlebars, K&S Tecnologies aluminum switch housings, Domino throttle, Venhill Featherlight clutch cable, Biltwell Renegade grips, Hitchcocks short levers.

I had to extend the wiring anyway so I tossed the original plastic housings for these aluminum ones with an old school kill switch.  The bars are so wide and swept back I also had to replace the clutch and throttle cables.  I was able to pull off the fuel tank and reroute the front brake line but I’ll almost certainly need to bleed the brakes.  (Hopefully the ABS won’t have to be reset.)

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 03:04:47 pm
Sweet!!!
Ride safe!
Wachuko
‘21 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
'19 BMW F 850 GS Adventure - Gone... Planning for a 2023/22 Himalayan next...

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 03:28:52 pm
Baak handlebars, K&S Tecnologies aluminum switch housings, Domino throttle, Venhill Featherlight clutch cable, Biltwell Renegade grips, Hitchcocks short levers.

I had to extend the wiring anyway so I tossed the original plastic housings for these aluminum ones with an old school kill switch.  The bars are so wide and swept back I also had to replace the clutch and throttle cables.  I was able to pull off the fuel tank and reroute the front brake line but I’ll almost certainly need to bleed the brakes.  (Hopefully the ABS won’t have to be reset.)
Nice work there, all high quality components.

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 10:49:20 pm
Is that book case but in or is it freestanding ;D ;D ;D
2020 Baker Express

biscot

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 11:40:54 pm
I’m impressed that you can get away with doing all that in your house!

Blazes Boylan

• Grand Gearhead
  • Brooklyn
Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 12:20:27 am
When I got tired of home improvements I bought a Royal Enfield to work on.

Blazes Boylan

• Grand Gearhead
  • Brooklyn
Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 04:17:39 am
Almost there.  No pictures of the right side because I haven't installed the Stinger exhaust yet.  (I also haven't finished installing the Domino throttle cables.)

Blazes Boylan

• Grand Gearhead
  • Brooklyn
Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 01:19:29 am
Baak's website says these N°1 handlebars are compatible with the GT 535 but not the 650, maybe because you have to reroute the front brake line, replace the clutch and throttle cables, and extend much of the wiring.  I installed a Domino throttle, Venhill Featherlight clutch cable, aluminum left-side switch gear, Baak underside mirror, aluminum two button right-side switch gear (latching for the kill switch, momentary for the starter), Biltwell Renegade grips, and Hitchcock short levers.  I love these bars and can probably avoid installing risers because of their width and sweep.  I'm also happy to lose the bar ends.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 01:54:18 am
Baak's website says these N°1 handlebars are compatible with the GT 535 but not the 650, maybe because you have to reroute the front brake line, replace the clutch and throttle cables, and extend much of the wiring.  I installed a Domino throttle, Venhill Featherlight clutch cable, aluminum left-side switch gear, Baak underside mirror, aluminum two button right-side switch gear (latching for the kill switch, momentary for the starter), Biltwell Renegade grips, and Hitchcock short levers.  I love these bars and can probably avoid installing risers because of their width and sweep.  I'm also happy to lose the bar ends.

I need to know about the switchgear housings! Got a link?

Blazes Boylan

• Grand Gearhead
  • Brooklyn
Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 02:08:19 am
Right side:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VBQ4W2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Left side:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/K-S-TECHNOLOGIES-UNIVERSAL-BLACK-HEAD-LIGHT-HORN-TURN-SIGNAL-SWITCH-CAFE-RACER/164058392215

I think you can find cheaper left side switches of similar quality on Amazon.  Let me know if you need any help with the wiring.  I found it intimidating at first but it's not that hard.  (I install commercial audio so I'm fairly adept at sorting through rats nests of wiring.)

You'll also need this kit if you don't have something similar already:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DB7X9R9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The right side is just four wires but the left side is nine.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 02:10:45 am by Blazes Boylan »

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 02:20:04 am
Right side:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VBQ4W2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Left side:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/K-S-TECHNOLOGIES-UNIVERSAL-BLACK-HEAD-LIGHT-HORN-TURN-SIGNAL-SWITCH-CAFE-RACER/164058392215

I think you can find cheaper left side switches of similar quality on Amazon.  Let me know if you need any help with the wiring.  I found it intimidating at first but it's not that hard.  (I install commercial audio so I'm fairly adept at sorting through rats nests of wiring.)

You'll also need this kit if you don't have something similar already:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DB7X9R9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The right side is just four wires but the left side is nine.

Out of stock :'(