Author Topic: Wait, when did Wyoming go Leftist?  (Read 2511 times)

Liberty Blacksmith

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 05:41:38 pm

After our idiot RHINO governor went in a panic over the Chinese Flu and shut
down our economy and ruined state revenues the morons who were elected
to represent the people have turned in to representatives of the trough feeders.
 "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

Liberty Blacksmith

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 05:50:50 pm

Bill failed on 3rd reading in the state senate, March 30th.

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Los Angeles, San Francisco
Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 07:14:20 pm

Bill failed on 3rd reading in the state senate, March 30th.

Thanks for the update!

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Los Angeles, San Francisco
Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 07:16:58 pm

"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

Slippery slope, that.  Not saying I haven't often felt the same, however...

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #19 on: April 09, 2021, 09:36:45 am
Now there's some real Christian sentiment for you, "Kill'em all and let God sort 'em out". I probably wouldn't have written the translated version either, just depended on the cult vernacular to carry the intent. Precisely who is in this "kill'em all" list?

"I was speaking in the broadest of terms, of course, but more specifically was referring to certain religious/political ideologies.  A conservative Christian in the US and a conservative Christian in Oz are wonderfully similar, and just as there are a good many of us operating underrepresented in Los Angeles so I found many doing the same in Sydney.
I'm an unapologetic supporter of President 45, and if I had my Aussie citizenship already I'd be just as much a supporter of Prime Minister Morrison."

Last I checked, Ex-President 45 was under indictment for multiple crimes in office, still blathering on about stolen elections despite massive evidence to the contrary, had provided much cover for Putin/GRU & had defrauded his donors of about $60M. Not to mention getting about 500K extra folks planted this year. That's the guy I'd support, yeah boy. Is this Aussie citizenship thing something I can help with? I'd hate to think conservative christians were needing support and we had one willing to up stakes & leave. As far as "there are a good many of us operating underrepresented in Los Angeles", that doesn't sound like a good thing after the "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." quote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caedite_eos._Novit_enim_Dominus_qui_sunt_eius.
"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." is a phrase reportedly spoken by the commander of the Albigensian Crusade, prior to the massacre at Béziers on 22 July 1209.[1] A direct translation of the Latin phrase is "Kill them. For the Lord knows those that are His own." Papal legate and Cistercian abbot Arnaud Amalric was the military commander of the Crusade in its initial phase and leader of this first major military action of the Crusade, the assault on Béziers, and was reported to have uttered the order by Caesarius of Heisterbach.
Less formal English translations have given rise to variants such as "Kill them all; let God sort them out." Some modern sources give the quotation as Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet, evidently a translation from English back into Latin, and so omitting a biblical reference to 2 Timothy 2:19 evident in the original.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #20 on: April 09, 2021, 12:16:38 pm
In California, many free HOV freeway lanes are being converted to High Occupancy pay-as-you-go toll lanes. In order to use them you need a Flex Tag with a 3-position switch on it. How many people you have in your car determines how much you pay per mile while in this lane. If you are riding a motorcycle or in a car with 3 or more passengers, you will not be charged - provided you have a Flex Tag device on you and have the switch in position 3, otherwise you will be charged $$$ per mile, the cost of which can change by the minute depending upon the amount of traffic congestion in the other adjacent Freeway "free" lanes. Drivers and riders who do not have a Flex Tag, such as visitors from outside the area, will receive a bill in the mail sent to the address where their vehicle is registration based upon automated license plate camera readers installed all along the HOV lane. If they don't pay the bill their yearly vehicle registration will not be approved by the DMV.

As I see it this system is nothing but a money-grabbing scheme. The money collected is split between the private company that runs the fee collection system and the state's government Metropolitan Transportation Commission, that decides on where to build more toll lanes with taxpayer transportation funds and how to spend anything left over that is not being used to pay for their salaries.

I don't have to worry about being tracked via my cell phone as I keep it completely wrapped in aluminum foil and placed under my foil hat.  Safety first!   ;)

My son and I got a bill in the mail from using your HOV freeway lane out side San Francisco some four years ago. I think it was around $50 to $60. I never paid it and will never pay it. I also have never been back to your state and have no plans on ever coming back.
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: April 09, 2021, 02:26:06 pm
" how Wyoming might try taxing visitors traveling through the state with a mileage tax "
Ummm....cell phone data? Time, location & owner data all conveniently in one we-can't-live-without-it package? The same device that will hold your vaccine passport soon.... ;D ;D ;D  Welcome to the future, mates!

Another good reason for me to not own a cell phone. 8)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: April 09, 2021, 02:53:25 pm
My son and I got a bill in the mail from using your HOV freeway lane out side San Francisco some four years ago. I think it was around $50 to $60. I never paid it and will never pay it. I also have never been back to your state and have no plans on ever coming back.

Smart move.   ;D
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #23 on: April 09, 2021, 05:11:10 pm
Some years back I got a similar bill from Denver, Colorado claiming that I and my painfully stock 1983 Suzuki Samurai were photographed on a weekday doing 90 on a speed-trapped Photo-Enforcement portion of their in-town freeway. I pointed out that I'd have to have left Bullhead City, Arizona after work, driven 1000 miles to Denver averaging maybe 90 MPH to get there, gotten the old girl up to terminal velocity thru their speed trap, then drove home at the same breakneck pace so as to make it to work the next day. They eventually agreed that the people that check the photos must have made a mistake. Either that or I owned the fastest Samurai on the West and had too much time on my hands.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.