Author Topic: Sweden and California  (Read 77272 times)

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
ACE Motors - sales & administration

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 12:18:35 am
"At Rumble Motors, solving problems customers didn't know they had is a key focus. A prime example was adding engine noises to the bikes. This feature, unique to Rumble's bikes, not only increases safety but exemplifies a commitment to "Make Green Fun", demonstrating that quality alternatives to gas-guzzling transport can be both affordable and enjoyable."

Awesome - now I can take those playing cards I swiped from the Bellagio last year out of my spokes!  ;D
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 12:22:01 am
Oh man...That topic is "Trigger Warning" words for Derottone! I dunno...He's got such a grudge against those Norsemen that it makes me wonder if he may have been trapped as a child in a cinema mop closet or something during some particularly long and dreary Bergman film festival.

I recently read something extremely curious about Swedes. Apparently, owing to some folkloric legends of yore, they are said to harbor an irrational fear of badgers. Since badgers are thought never to release their bite until they sense bone cracking, many Swedes wandering in the woods, as they are wont to do, will shove a bunch of those "Wasa" crispy bread things into their rubber boots to fool any marauding badgers they fear they may encounter with that satisfying "Crunch!" So, that's kind of "special", huh?

But just to cheer up Derottone, here's a cheerful and instructive short film that he can bookmark to mortify any Nordic types who may cross his path, like "Hey, Sven! Have a peek at this!": https://youtu.be/4r7wHMg5Yjg
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 12:54:54 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 06:56:27 am
Awww - I think you're just badgering the boy... : ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA8pxzawUGM
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 07:06:34 am by AzCal Retred »
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 09:01:46 am
In general I find it better if Gretas keep building stuff like this than going into drugs for example or becoming just another leadership minion, the minor issue though is that if it doesn't become the greatest market success possible Gretas are going to cry to their mamas and they are going to lynch anyone whom they figure to be responsible for failing to sell this bike to every single soul on the planets surface, taking the "help" from the government too, trying to mandate it on everyone except themselves. As I had the fortune to witness several times. ;D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 09:11:15 am by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 01:35:27 pm
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
      The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
      The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
      Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
      And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
      The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
      And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
      The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
      He went galumphing back.

“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
      Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
      He chortled in his joy.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 02:29:57 pm
"At Rumble Motors, solving problems customers didn't know they had is a key focus. A prime example was adding engine noises to the bikes. This feature, unique to Rumble's bikes, not only increases safety but exemplifies a commitment to "Make Green Fun", demonstrating that quality alternatives to gas-guzzling transport can be both affordable and enjoyable."

Awesome - now I can take those playing cards I swiped from the Bellagio last year out of my spokes!  ;D

Solving problems customers didn't know they had.  ;)

I don't wan't anyone to solve the problems I don't know I have, because they would need to create the problem for me in the first place. If that happened I would be pretty pissed off.

It's a bit different if you have an idea and you believe the customers may appreciate it be it for the purposefulness or just entertainment. That would be called innovation which finds market share or not.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 02:35:12 pm by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 02:48:33 pm
Amurrica is built upon creating dissatisfaction and selling "solutions" to a unrecognized (i.e. largely created) issue.
Spray tans
Light Beer - drink less?
Fake eyelashes - you already have eyelashes
Ginormous 400HP 4WD pickup trucks - really? To drive around empty 99% of the time with one occupant?
Cell phones other than Flip Fones - get a life! ;D
Mops & toilet brushes with detachable heads so you can toss them into the landfill without touching the "icky" end
"Sports" cars with 4 doors
etc, etc

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 02:55:11 pm
Amurrica is built upon creating dissatisfaction and selling "solutions" to a unrecognized (i.e. largely created) issue.
Spray tans
Light Beer - drink less?
Fake eyelashes - you already have eyelashes
Ginormous 400HP 4WD pickup trucks - really? To drive around empty 99% of the time with one occupant?
Cell phones other than Flip Fones - get a life! ;D
Mops & toilet brushes with detachable heads so you can toss them into the landfill without touching the "icky" end
"Sports" cars with 4 doors
etc, etc

Ya, I guess. I'm not that big fan of that style of marketing.  ;)

That's the way they sell security services and insurance in Sweden which is what makes me disgusted. If your home is not connected to a security company with alarm system installed you will have an visitor soon, 100% guaranteed. Some shops the are connected to even a couple of security companies additionally to the police. You go to the counter and you may find 3 or 4 cameras pointing at you, each connected to a different place. Honestly it's a joke.... ::) ...Mr. Volvo figures you work for the competition and you have an arabic problem. Nothing more fun working in a firm that employs more security personnel than employees.  ;)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 03:42:30 pm by derottone »

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 04:28:47 pm
Awww - I think you're just badgering the boy... : ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA8pxzawUGM

Thanks for the link, AzCal! That was some kind of high toreador drama there. And folks: don't miss the video description and its hilarious FAQs. "Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' Badgers!"
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 04:56:41 pm
Another minor issues and electrified everything is that Gretas just want it, and gobi. should pay. Maximally they want to be in charge of the distribution as some project leader or something. So, ya...if gobi. pays for it anyway they could as well make it themselves. Instead of subsidising the marketing and sales of the electric bikes only.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 05:22:12 pm by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 07:29:00 pm
Aren't we done with Sweden yet? I'm done... :P

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #12 on: December 14, 2020, 07:33:33 pm
Aren't we done with Sweden yet? I'm done... :P

Than bring up a new subject that's interesting.  ::)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 12:27:36 am
I do - I did - I have-I will continue to do so. Not the issue at all.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #14 on: December 21, 2020, 07:21:29 pm

The only sound I would want from an electric bike would be the sound that George Jetson's car made.