Author Topic: Sometimes won't start, sometimes dies when riding  (Read 1039 times)

Greg

• Scooter
on: June 28, 2020, 05:14:40 pm
This a problem that just started and has only done it a few times. Sometimes I turn on the key, press down the red engine on switch, and when I press the engine start switch there is nothing. Let it sit for a moment or two and all is fine. Then a couple of times I'm riding along and suddenly everything cuts out. I pull over and repeat as previously described. The battery is fully charged, the lights and everything else works fine. I'm guessing the red engine on/off switch could be defective? Or the maybe the engine start switch? Just not sure why it would conk out when riding? Would a defective engine/off switch be likely? I'm not sure what else.

Has anybody else had a similar problem or can offer any suggestions as to what this may be. Your help is most appreciated.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 08:49:37 pm
Perhaps a loose or broken battery cable.  Check that first.
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 01:38:44 pm
You might want to swap out the 3 Indian made relays on the battery bracket with Bosch ones. The can be a bit flaky. Have left me stranded once or twice but same as yours, they came good and got me home eventually.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E