Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855539 times)

D.W.

• Scooter
Reply #8220 on: February 15, 2022, 07:16:23 pm
It was just too load.. installed sink drain.

78db at idle.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 07:18:36 pm by D.W. »
2015 Classic 500
2021 Himalayan

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #8221 on: February 15, 2022, 08:58:39 pm
Had to run some errands today. Got home, ran the bike into the garage and as I went to turn it off saw the Rumbler just rolled over to 24,000 km on the odometer.  It's sure taken long enough to get here. 2020-2021 really took a bite out of my riding.
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

JohnnieK

• Scooter
Reply #8222 on: February 19, 2022, 04:10:25 pm
Took the C5 out for the first time in probably 6 months. Fired right up and still puts a smile on my face.

D.W.

• Scooter
Reply #8223 on: February 21, 2022, 02:00:24 am
Took the C5 out for the first time in probably 6 months. Fired right up and still puts a smile on my face.

Great day!
2015 Classic 500
2021 Himalayan

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8224 on: February 21, 2022, 10:49:27 am
I don’t use it much in winter mainly a summer country lane bike, just charge the battery and run it once a month and flick through the box, ride my 650 as an every day bike but it’s started to take its toll with all the rain.

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #8225 on: February 21, 2022, 01:37:42 pm
Pulled the battery, put the side cover back on. Charged the battery and set it on a shelf. Leaving tomorrow to attend to a family health issue up in the US, not sure when I'll get back to ride again. "later this year" is my best guess.  Oh, and topped the tires up with nitrogen (it doesn't leak down as fast as regular air) and replaced the valve innards on the front tube as there was a leak there due to a funky valve.
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #8226 on: February 21, 2022, 03:52:24 pm
Good luck AmBraCol! I hope things go well for you in the US. Maybe you can pick up something affordable to ride while there?  ???

I recently tore Bholenaths rear brake apart. It wasn't stopping very well, and I thought I'd better have a look.

I cleaned and sanded the shoes, which still had plenty of friction material, and the drum, both of which were lightly glazed...

Wasn't sure what the problem was, until I spotted that little shiney nut shown in the picture. It looked loose, so I poked it with my finger and it fell off!!!  :o

Apparently the bolt inside had backed out, and must've been interfereing with the brake shoe actuation,  :P At least thet's my theory!   ;) put blue loctite on small bolt threads and cinched 'er down firmly. Brake is now working great again!!!  8)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Antipodean Andrew

• Scooter
Reply #8227 on: February 26, 2022, 10:48:57 pm
Today I completed a 6000 km service on my C5. During the oil change, the siphon screen end cap fell off. I have been cleaning this screen with brake cleaner when doing services and wonder if this affected the bead of glue. Luckily this was one of the spares I bought from Hitchcocks when I first purchased the bike. From now on I will just wash the screen in warm soapy water.

The other problem I found was one of the rubber straps that secure the battery had broken. The other strap is also cracked and about to give way. Seeing as my bike is only one year old, I will approach the dealer about providing replacements under warranty. I don't think rubber parts are covered, but they might do the decent thing.

D.W.

• Scooter
Reply #8228 on: February 27, 2022, 03:03:18 am
Indian rubber is horrible. Go ahead and replace your rubber lines too.
2015 Classic 500
2021 Himalayan

rattonshaw

• Scooter
  • Classic Long Distance Trials
Reply #8229 on: February 27, 2022, 08:37:35 am
During the oil change, the siphon screen end cap fell off. I have been cleaning this screen with brake cleaner when doing services and wonder if this affected the bead of glue.
According to Wikipedia, 'Rubber and some types of plastics are decomposed by brake cleaners by removing binding components.'  I can confirm that from my own experience.

Antipodean Andrew

• Scooter
Reply #8230 on: March 02, 2022, 09:35:51 pm
Decided it would be quicker to fix my broken battery strap than to get a new one. Using rubber from an old inner tube, I glued a strip on each side of the strap using rubber cement. This seems to have worked fine and the strap is back in place. Now I will repeat for the other strap that is about to give way.

the possum

• Scooter
Reply #8231 on: March 11, 2022, 04:40:10 am
A day on the tools - oil and filter change. Very little swarf on the magnets and nothing in the gauze screen, so happy with that.
Pulled the original Bosch spark plug, it looked in good order, but slipped in a new NGK BPR6ES.
Also fitted my new luggage system. Canvas panniers and top bag. See nazbags.com.au for a great range of canvas goodies - I'm a happy customer and have nothing further to do with the product.
Looking forward to a trip with my mate, kick off is Monday morning 14 March.

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8232 on: March 13, 2022, 02:03:45 pm
Well l just dragged mine out and gave it a start up, l was going to kick start it but used electric start in the end, the battery was still up and it purred into life with just one push of the button sounded just sweet as a nut, battery top up next month then some riding.

Relic

• Scooter
Reply #8233 on: March 14, 2022, 04:42:53 am
An overdue oil change and clean was carried out today.

I'm just back from a 15 day, 5,100km (~3,200 mile) camping roadtrip to the southern end of New Zealand and back home. The bike performed so well throughout the ride and the engine and gearbox is now noticably sweeter. Preparations included fitting a booster plug and a Hitchcocks engine steady (I fitted the OEM part to the other side).

Vibrations can just be detected once over 100kph / 60mph, but certainly are not an issue. Much of the ride was on empty roads due to our boarders currently preventing tourists in, and the South Island is sparsely populated aside from a few reasonably sized cities.

There were minor repairs required en route - a captive nut welded to the exhaust came adrift resulting in a hole in the pipe.  This was welded up by a local garage who only charged me for 15 minutes of their time. A few springs on my ex Classic 350  lycette saddle broke, requiring some basic re-engineering at a camp site, but they got me home just fine.

Overall, I was very happy with the performance and comfort of the bike and it has mellowed quickly into a keeper.
2021 Classic 500

Antipodean Andrew

• Scooter
Reply #8234 on: March 14, 2022, 06:02:43 pm
Glad your new bike is going well Relic. That would have been a nice ride at this time of year.