Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855400 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #7920 on: July 27, 2020, 07:52:59 pm
Have you thought about some performance head work?
A better exhaust system? (Very cheap).
Perfomance camshafts?
An aftermarket EFI system (very cheap).
I can send you some photos of my C5 that has these mods and is running.

Heh heh.
Is this a joke?
I just don't know how to answer.

Okay, let's just say that post is from 2010, and since then I have introduced some of the most groundbreaking performance packages ever seen for Royal Enfield singles, and have gained a worldwide reputation on every continent, including national vintage racing championships.

Does that help to answer the question?
Home of the Fireball 535 !

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #7921 on: July 27, 2020, 11:36:49 pm
 Quote from Ace to Chilliman
Heh heh.
Is this a joke?
I just don't know how to answer.

Okay, let's just say that post is from 2010, and since then I have introduced some of the most groundbreaking performance packages ever seen for Royal Enfield singles, and have gained a worldwide reputation on every continent, including national vintage racing championships.

Does that help to answer the question?

From me:  Ace, You are too humble :)
       ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:44:33 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #7922 on: July 28, 2020, 12:10:24 am
Made me laugh, too!
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

kdxandrew

• Scooter
Reply #7923 on: August 22, 2020, 10:52:31 am
Haha! Stopped at the shops, where there was a group of young fellas with some nice looking sportsbikes.
They come over to check out the Bullet - "what's that bar on the side?" says one...
"eh?" says I ..
"that one there...", he says, pointing...
"That is the kickstart!!"
He couldn't believe his eyes when I showed him what it did - sign o the times!

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7924 on: August 23, 2020, 02:38:39 pm
Ticked the bike over the 1800 mile mark. Which considering the times were in and that I really only get one day a week to ride pretty good.

She’s showing an ever increasing willingness to rev and in doing so is showing some weakness in Hitchcock’s map for the work done to it (like there’s a huge flat spot right when it’s starting to pull hard, followed by a good pull to the rev limiter).

So, I’ve ordered an autotune. May not install it until I’m ready to put her away for the winter, but I’ll then have the cold Michigan months to do it.

(Gratuitus pic of GGson with “his” bike below)
"It's not what you know, it's how well you reference what you don't"

"Ain't no hill too high for a mountain climber"

Words to succeed by...

Chaz Michael Michaels

• Scooter
2020 RE Trials 500
2017 RE Classic 500
Ducati Desert Sled
Ducati Multistrada 1260 S

Ryan H

• Scooter
Reply #7926 on: August 29, 2020, 07:22:11 pm
Took a couple days off and rode my Classic 500 from southern Massachussets up to the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I Drove through the Kankamagus Highway, tagged along a Mini Cooper ralley and raced through Hurricane Mountain Highway, cut back through the Kankamagus via Bear notch road, past Canon mountain, through Crawford Notch (made me feel loke an ant),  and finally rode to the top of Mt Washington. I even got the bumper sticker :-).  Finally set up camp at Jigger Johnson's campway with my new bakers tent. It's the perfect tent for bike camping. It keeps me, my girl, and the bike dry.

kdxandrew

• Scooter
Reply #7927 on: August 30, 2020, 08:10:47 am
Took a couple days off and rode my Classic 500 from southern Massachussets up to the White Mountains of New Hampshire....

Good times!

These bikes are surprisingly good for soaking up the miles :-)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #7928 on: August 30, 2020, 11:49:16 am
Took a couple days off and rode my Classic 500 from southern Massachussets up to the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I Drove through the Kankamagus Highway, tagged along a Mini Cooper ralley and raced through Hurricane Mountain Highway, cut back through the Kankamagus via Bear notch road, past Canon mountain, through Crawford Notch (made me feel loke an ant),  and finally rode to the top of Mt Washington. I even got the bumper sticker :-).  Finally set up camp at Jigger Johnson's campway with my new bakers tent. It's the perfect tent for bike camping. It keeps me, my girl, and the bike dry.

Just seeing your saddlebags (they're great looking) makes me so damn jealous and why can't I be 50 years younger?? >:(

And that tent is absolutely the shit for fairly nice weather camping :) :)

Good luck. Carry on :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 11:52:48 am by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #7929 on: August 30, 2020, 02:42:51 pm
Yep. Love the tent!  :)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #7930 on: August 30, 2020, 02:49:56 pm
In other news...

Spent the last couple weeks cleaning up the C5 now that I have it back.
Seriously cleaned up the wiring harness. Installed a decent LED headlight lamp, GPS speedo, and LED indicators. Revamped the intake manifold and filter. Installed a PowerTronic ECU.
Took her for a ride yesterday, and had a lot of bucking and popping. Checked the ground at the battery and found the screw had worked loose. Blue Locktite and a Phillips took care of that. Next ride was a treat, with a nice burbling on overrun.
Didn't even have to mess with the stock PT settings.  ;D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

JPE

• Scooter
Reply #7931 on: August 30, 2020, 03:40:51 pm
I have a 2019 Bonneville black and an Enfield C5 Classic. I live on the Isle of Wight near to Ryde. This weekend is the National Scooter Rally, the Island gets invaded by hoards and I mean hoards of scooters, mostly two strokes with expansion pipes.
So I decided to have a ride out today having polished the Enfield. Lovely day, bike was running well and all was good with the world until I got into Ryde and got mixed up with a scooter club heading in the same direction, towards even more lining the esplanade with me stuck in the middle of them.
Then it happened, I thought what’s that flapping around the front and realised to  my horror that headlight bowl had fallen out and was dangling by the wiring harness.
Ride of shame into the kerb, tool kit out, refitted and rode off. I was careful not to make any eye contact with the Mods mocking me from the opposite kerb.
Should have taken the Bonnie! 

Lubo71

• Neophyte
Reply #7932 on: August 30, 2020, 08:27:23 pm
Good evening gentlemen. I dismounted whole exhaust piping, to wrap it with the glassfiber tape, and I found a nice big valve in the black hole that I created 🤩

kdxandrew

• Scooter
Reply #7933 on: August 31, 2020, 04:58:44 am
Good evening gentlemen. I dismounted whole exhaust piping, to wrap it with the glassfiber tape, and I found a nice big valve in the black hole that I created 🤩
Don't tell me the bike was still running!

MaxW

• Scooter
Reply #7934 on: August 31, 2020, 06:33:15 am
I installed a Dobeck EJK. I can't wait to get out for a ride!