Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855320 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #7395 on: February 08, 2018, 06:04:25 pm
Turns out my guarded pessimism about that Ion Air Pro package deal that I snatched for just $54 was completely unfounded. It was all there, including the crucial little Wifi IPODZ gimcrack, clearly brand new and never opened and with more mounts, straps and other doodads than I am ever likely to use. Everything seems to work tip-top, including the nice-enough editing software.  So, thanks again for the great tip, "High on Octane"!

Mine arrived last week. Put a full charge into it. Waiting for Micro SD card to arrive today and accessories package Monday. Have been reading the manual online for a week. Can't wait to introduce my laptop to it and set the purr amateurs.

PS: It's a beautiful little camera, isn't it?

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7396 on: February 09, 2018, 09:18:49 pm
Turns out my guarded pessimism about that Ion Air Pro package deal that I snatched for just $54 was completely unfounded. It was all there, including the crucial little Wifi IPODZ gimcrack, clearly brand new and never opened and with more mounts, straps and other doodads than I am ever likely to use. Everything seems to work tip-top, including the nice-enough editing software.  So, thanks again for the great tip, "High on Octane"!

Mine arrived last week. Put a full charge into it. Waiting for Micro SD card to arrive today and accessories package Monday. Have been reading the manual online for a week. Can't wait to introduce my laptop to it and set the purr amateurs.

PS: It's a beautiful little camera, isn't it?

I always enjoyed mine.  In fact it would still be my go to camera if my wife hadn't gotten me the gopro for Christmas in 2016.  I honestly am considering using it for a reverse backwards facing angle with the gopro facing forward.  Then I could entertain the idea of doing multiple shots in the same video edit.  Picture in picture of you will.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:29:30 pm by High On Octane »
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Fragman

• Bulleteer
Reply #7397 on: February 10, 2018, 10:17:39 pm
2 days of sunny weather in a row. 8) After givin' the wee beasty a quick dusting off & a dab of chain lube, I went fer a nice rural putt. T'was grand even though the temp was only 6 C. ;D
Nothing better than a nice putt on an RE.
It's a serene way to travel at an unhurried pace.

-2013 Classic Maroon-

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #7398 on: February 10, 2018, 11:46:08 pm
6 degrees C is a bit cooler than the temperature I like to ride at but I'm glad to hear you had fun.

For those like me that are more familure with temperatures in the F scale numbers, multiply the C value times 1.8

Then, add 32 to the answer.

For the numbers freeks, C X 1.8 +( 32 ) = F
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:48:26 pm by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7399 on: February 11, 2018, 06:05:23 am
.......and either way you look at it 6C is pretty cold compared to 30C ;) here in OZ and the complete opposite -and more like too hot to ride ;D or I think so :D
I like it more around the 18 to 20 C mark...perfect!

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #7400 on: February 11, 2018, 08:59:53 am
been riding my Deauville in -5deg C and ice these last few weeks any colder and I'll get the train!
My Bullet is tucked up in a relatives garage 30 miles away!
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

Fragman

• Bulleteer
Reply #7401 on: February 12, 2018, 12:16:44 am
Just got back from a nice couple of hours scootin' around the hood with me chum and the weather was a nice mix of sun an clouds along with dry roads. A tad chilly at 5 C when speeds were past 80 kph though, and they were t'day as he was on his Kawi Concours, and there ain't no playing catch-up when the bikes are so far apart in performance.

Still, my unit is so much better at going over pea gravel at the bottom of the driveway at our buddy's place. I do it feet up, simple slow & easy whereas the big Kawi forces one to get the legs out to help prevent a tip over. ;)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:03:07 am by Fragman »

-2013 Classic Maroon-

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #7402 on: February 12, 2018, 02:18:32 am
The torrential monsoons heralding a warm break to the recent sustained arctic blasts, even down here in Virginia, let up long enough for me to screw a shiny phallic strap-on onto my already über-manly-man 2005 Bullet 500ES Iron Cylinder Military 5-Speed, as already described here featuring a particularly piquant and titillating photo. Calm down ladies! You can all have a ride!

I also screwed on a much-needed (and not entirely non-phallic) sidestand, as shown here:

For those who may yet lack or want a nice side stand for the princely sum of $16.99 delivered in North America from Delhi (or for about half that amount in Rupees delivered in India), appropriate eBay vendor links can be found in this earlier posting.

To make it fit on my 2005 I merely needed to take a hacksaw to that left hand outermost foot peg spacer tube (Part 801044 [Old 110230] "Dist. Tube LH Black - Footrest", shown in section 09-10, p. 140 as diagram item 22 in my Spare parts catalogue), shortening it by precisely 1 inch (25 mm) to make room for the side stand's forward mounting flange set flush against the frame member.  It looks good, works great, and doesn't get in the way of the center stand. It gets my "thumbs up", if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:47:13 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Fragman

• Bulleteer
Reply #7403 on: February 13, 2018, 10:22:04 pm
Got out yesterday & today for about an hour each time. Fookin' chilly though at
3 C. Had to use the winter gloves & head sock fer sure. :o

-2013 Classic Maroon-

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #7404 on: February 14, 2018, 12:48:51 am
Took her in for the 500 km oil change following the partial rebuild.  She's rumbling nice and purty now, no more connecting rod knock, ready for an upcoming ride over the Central Range of the Andes. 

Our winter weather here is atrocious.  Had to endure about 25 degrees on the way home.  Celsius that is.  ;D
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #7405 on: February 14, 2018, 01:18:50 am
Got out yesterday & today for about an hour each time. Fookin' chilly though at
3 C. Had to use the winter gloves & head sock fer sure. :o

BTW Thanks again for the cake pan idea. I've found the perfect one, I think. It's pretty deep and has a cover with 4 very strong snap-on closures.  Film at 11:00.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7406 on: February 16, 2018, 05:42:04 pm
Put the original exhaust system back on.

I recently went one tooth larger on the front sprocket to do away with the half link found on the B5 chain leaving me with the option of a better quality 102 link chain. However the bike has never been that happy since doing this and now it’s returning less than 100miles per gallon :(

I junked the stainless steel higher flowing downpipe and straight through short silencer.  The bike now pulls the larger sprocket noticeably easier.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:53:40 am by portisheadric »
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7407 on: February 16, 2018, 07:47:40 pm
Ordered new cylinders and stock forged pistons.  Found out my current cylinders are 72mm, not 71mm.  So the .040 over pistons drop right thru the bore.  With any luck, the head valve seats will be cut today so I can reassemble those this weekend.  If not, I think I'm going to do some dirt biking on Sunday.  Haven't really been out since October.  Need to get some Braaappp!
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #7408 on: February 16, 2018, 08:57:56 pm
Picked up a used cylinder and piston - in excellent condition.  Still debating what I'll end up doing with the bike, boring to 535 and installing a forged piston along with EJK, etc is still an option - but no rush, still running in the freshly rebuilt 500 CC engine.
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7409 on: February 24, 2018, 09:28:31 pm
Well there we go, 18 months in and my Motobatt is deaded and won't hold a charge.

Good job there's a kickstart.