Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855541 times)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #6615 on: July 05, 2016, 06:06:49 am
I was looking at those holes too and wondering what they did!  Pretty cool that they squirt oil right where you need it!

Are those washers under the rocker block bolts?  I noticed little aluminum flakes appearing under my bolts after a few times on and off but resisted the urge to add washers.  I did clean and oil everything before final assembly.

Got in a few more hours today.  I Wanted to start up my Indian /British bike for the 4th of July to celebrate my new American piston, valve train, and all of the American hours that were put into the head / piston work, but ran out of time.  Had  to go out for the holiday. Maybe one more hour could do it, she's very close!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 06:18:28 am by Narada »
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6616 on: July 06, 2016, 03:13:57 am
I was looking at those holes too and wondering what they did!  Pretty cool that they squirt oil right where you need it!

Are those washers under the rocker block bolts?  I noticed little aluminum flakes appearing under my bolts after a few times on and off but resisted the urge to add washers.  I did clean and oil everything before final assembly.

Got in a few more hours today.  I Wanted to start up my Indian /British bike for the 4th of July to celebrate my new American piston, valve train, and all of the American hours that were put into the head / piston work, but ran out of time.  Had  to go out for the holiday. Maybe one more hour could do it, she's very close!

LOL !  Got ya, yeah that would have been nice !  The washers I added mostly because it's a test mule head , and it's on and off a lot.   I think is a good thing to do.... but I wouldn't be overly concerned with it, without them.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6617 on: July 06, 2016, 03:30:29 am
Next time I'm in there I'll add some nice thin stainless washers on those rocker bolts! :)

Got my exhaust and crash guard back on.  I learned to only loosely fit the flange at head until you connect and hang the silencer! :o

After first tightening the flange, I slid on the silencer and had at least an inch from hanger bracket to the frame!  Then I loosened the flange, hung the silencer, and re-tightened the flange.  Much better! 8)

Hopefully, she'll be running tomorrow, there's a tractor pull contest coming up and I think I might have a good chance to win it all!

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #6618 on: July 06, 2016, 04:35:14 am
Took the Enfield out for a little exercise --I have been a bit neglectful since acquiring the V65 Guzzi -- Well, just nothing will compare to the fun and comfort factor of the C5....Genuine pleasure unit above all others in my experience.  For a freeway destination it's the Guzzi for a nostalgic journey the Enfield wins hands down !

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #6619 on: July 06, 2016, 05:12:23 am
Next time I'm in there I'll add some nice thin stainless washers on those rocker bolts! :)

Got my exhaust and crash guard back on.  I learned to only loosely fit the flange at head until you connect and hang the silencer! :o

After first tightening the flange, I slid on the silencer and had at least an inch from hanger bracket to the frame!  Then I loosened the flange, hung the silencer, and re-tightened the flange.  Much better! 8)

Hopefully, she'll be running tomorrow, there's a tractor pull contest coming up and I think I might have a good chance to win it all!

When you're done there we've got some sod that needs turning.
 ;D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6620 on: July 06, 2016, 05:24:22 am
The Sod-Buster!!! :o  I like it! :)

I do intend to turn some sod before the sidecar goes on.  ::)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #6621 on: July 06, 2016, 07:07:31 am
The Sod-Buster!!! :o  I like it! :)

I do intend to turn some sod before the sidecar goes on the Triumph::)

Fixed it for you !
 ;D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6622 on: July 06, 2016, 04:12:03 pm
Thanks for that very logical reminder Ice.  More power, better brakes, I think the frame is more robust.  It's just the emotional  part of my brain that keeps confusing me.  :o :o :o 

Cdogg

• Scooter
Reply #6623 on: July 06, 2016, 09:17:06 pm
Rode in to work, and also broke my little bar end mirror
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 01:02:28 am by Cdogg »

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #6624 on: July 06, 2016, 10:40:36 pm
Fitted a nice new horn toady, a proper metal chromed job, no more cheapo plastic chrome naffness.
Sounds ok and looks tidy. 8)
Krusty

2015 RE Continental GT - Black
2016 RE Classic 500 - Lagoon Blue

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6625 on: July 06, 2016, 11:06:39 pm
Fitted a nice new horn toady, a proper metal chromed job, no more cheapo plastic chrome naffness.
Sounds ok and looks tidy. 8)

You can't post that without a picture. It's like internet law or something.
Living in beautiful Colorado Springs, Co.
2014 Cream C5

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #6626 on: July 07, 2016, 05:46:00 pm
Before I get picked up by the Internet Police, here's a picture of my new horn in all it's shiny shinnyness. Not sure that's word, but it sure is a pretty horn!
Cost £11 from Bike-it.
Sorry Krimp, won't do it again. :-[

Nearly forgot...the bike had it's 1st service this morning!
Krusty

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #6627 on: July 07, 2016, 07:23:39 pm
Before I get picked up by the Internet Police, here's a picture of my new horn in all it's shiny shinnyness. Not sure that's word, but it sure is a pretty horn!
Cost £11 from Bike-it.
Sorry Krimp, won't do it again. :-[

Nearly forgot...the bike had it's 1st service this morning!

Fantabulus mate.

I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #6628 on: July 07, 2016, 07:42:28 pm
I do a lot of work for charity.....but I don't like to talk about it.
Krusty

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #6629 on: July 07, 2016, 09:52:03 pm
I do a lot of work for charity.....but I don't like to talk about it.

Pop a doodle do, let's rock with some Bachman Turner Overdrive. ;D ::)
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream