Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855480 times)

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #6600 on: June 26, 2016, 12:47:57 am
I got new grips for the bike and for ME...

From our host CMW.

Yes I love my coffee and that's a real coffee grinder back there like you find in a coffee shop but NO I'm no damn Hipster I just like good coffee.
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6601 on: June 26, 2016, 08:59:31 am
Thankfully good coffee was around long before the Hipster.

I get my beans from an Artisan coffee roasters (along with a freshly made cup of coffee) which is a scenic 70 mile round trip away. This place even supplies roasted beans to a client in Kuwait.
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.

TdLpps

• Scooter
Reply #6602 on: June 26, 2016, 09:32:55 pm
Put the odometer into four digits on a ride with my daughter....

There's a certain charm in rudeness.

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6603 on: June 27, 2016, 06:56:49 pm
Is that a super Cub?

TdLpps

• Scooter
Reply #6604 on: June 27, 2016, 07:44:56 pm
Is that a super Cub?

More or less...1981 C70 Passport with a 125cc swap.

A little more info on the swap at:  http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/very-successful-lifan-125cc-swap-into-1981-honda-c70-passport.1111996/

There's a certain charm in rudeness.

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6605 on: June 28, 2016, 02:47:15 am
Neet bike.  Thanks for sharing!

mc35803

• Bulleteer
Reply #6606 on: June 30, 2016, 03:59:52 pm
Replaced the air filter housing with a new one shipped to me by RENA after I complained about the old one on my 2015 C5 on their Facebook page.  I don't have a local dealer anywhere as is quite common now with the reorganization and I wasn't going to bother Heindl as they work through RENA negotiations.   RENA contacted me almost immediately after the Facebook post..  The old one, under warranty, kept opening up completely while riding and never really closed anywhere close to tightly.  It would fling open wthin a few miles at highway speeds and repeatedly when I closed it.  Very distracting.   Went for a 70 mile ride with out incident after installing the new one yesterday.  Sadly, when removing the lock from the original housing and installing it in the new one, it hit me that if I had opted to tighten the nut on the lock on the original housing it would have placed the locking tab a little deeper inside the housing when locking it - and that might have fixed the original problem.
Miles

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6607 on: June 30, 2016, 04:36:38 pm
Well, that's the cost to RENA for not having their dealer network up to force.  Glad it worked out for you.

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6608 on: June 30, 2016, 04:38:12 pm
I road mine for the first time last night,after being in the shop for the last six months.  Now I have the fastest GT....Yellow is the fast color.... ;D

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #6609 on: July 01, 2016, 07:21:48 pm
Replaced the air filter housing with a new one shipped to me by RENA after I complained about the old one on my 2015 C5 on their Facebook page.  I don't have a local dealer anywhere as is quite common now with the reorganization and I wasn't going to bother Heindl as they work through RENA negotiations.   RENA contacted me almost immediately after the Facebook post..  The old one, under warranty, kept opening up completely while riding and never really closed anywhere close to tightly.  It would fling open wthin a few miles at highway speeds and repeatedly when I closed it.  Very distracting.   Went for a 70 mile ride with out incident after installing the new one yesterday.  Sadly, when removing the lock from the original housing and installing it in the new one, it hit me that if I had opted to tighten the nut on the lock on the original housing it would have placed the locking tab a little deeper inside the housing when locking it - and that might have fixed the original problem.

This post is three way win !
Good on RENA for taking care of you.
Double good on you for being honest and for sharing what you learned.

Those are some of the things I like about, and still find refreshing abou, these bikes and the people who ride them.

Today I let the front rocker cover of my Iron Barrel continue to seep oil.
And I rode it with "vigor" on errands.  ;D 
No matter where you go, there, you are.

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #6610 on: July 02, 2016, 03:32:20 pm
fitted the new swingarm pivot bolt, the new one from Hitchcock is about 3mm longer than the original and is stamped with 8.8 which hopefully means it's been made to a standard, I torqued it to the suggested 45lb/ft, which was enough to pull the frame in to the swingarm, I find it amazing how much the frame is sprung, maybe that's why the original was over torqued. I checked the chain alignment and all seems well, so went for a quick ride out and all checks out ok. whether I'll do another long run on the B5 is another matter.....
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #6611 on: July 02, 2016, 04:23:27 pm
Over the last couple of weeks, I've been re-assembling my engine with the new and improved top half from SB/GHG, as time allows. Life has been interrupting my work quite a bit but I "keep on plugging away" a little at a time.

Last thing accomplished; set up the adjustable chrome moly push rods for optimum length / lifter pre-load.  Next thing; correcting (factory over torqued) bent exhaust flange, and fitting into head properly, while finagling (incorrectly factory bent) pipe to fit. The rest should go back together pretty quickly, once I actually put a little more time in.

Also brought home recently acquired Cozy Rocket last week for future installation.
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Cdogg

• Scooter
Reply #6612 on: July 03, 2016, 02:16:14 am
Put leds in the speedo, neutral and high beam. Also ordered a pillion seat and a pedestrian slicer.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6613 on: July 05, 2016, 01:32:46 am
Over the last couple of weeks, I've been re-assembling my engine with the new and improved top half from SB/GHG, as time allows. Life has been interrupting my work quite a bit but I "keep on plugging away" a little at a time.

Last thing accomplished; set up the adjustable chrome moly push rods for optimum length / lifter pre-load.  Next thing; correcting (factory over torqued) bent exhaust flange, and fitting into head properly, while finagling (incorrectly factory bent) pipe to fit. The rest should go back together pretty quickly, once I actually put a little more time in.

Also brought home recently acquired Cozy Rocket last week for future installation.

Don't rush it, and enjoy it as you do it. ;)

I'm looking at a head this evening,actually the rocker blocks.  Thinking just how important the valve stem seals are on these Bikes..... Particularly the exhaust stem .   The valve spring cooler's really put  a good hosing of oil directed at the springs, stems, seals etc.    Check out the needles inserted into the squirter's , and how they are aimed.....

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6614 on: July 05, 2016, 02:45:31 am
Talked about it.....trying to figure out what I want to do about gearing choices I have made.