Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855552 times)

dogboy443

• Future RE Enthusiast
  • Scooter
Reply #6105 on: December 11, 2015, 01:59:14 am
I bought my 2014 C5 at the end of June with 732 miles showing. We turned over 2000 miles on today’s ride. It would be more but I divide riding time among 5 motorcycles. Upon arrival back home I ... (1) replaced missing screws that hold the sealed beam in place (2) replaced the left rear turn signal that had a split rubber mount (3) checked and tightened loose spokes (4) lubed chain and cables (5) secured several places on the wiring loom that was dangling loose and (6) promised myself to do the oil/filter change very soon.
I'm looking at that same bike except it's a 2015. I'm looking at having the pillion seat on and putting on horse saddlebags but threading them under the seat. How do you like this model?

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #6106 on: December 12, 2015, 06:43:27 am
Cleaned my bike for the first time since I bought it last June.  Then I used the spray on Mequires carnuba wax as recommended by Arazoni.  It is now very, very shiny.
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6107 on: December 12, 2015, 10:05:34 pm
Today, I:

Replaced the rectifier bracket with one purchased from our host. It is much sturdier than the original and weighs almost twice as much. The cost was $34, I will let you know how it holds up.

Replaced the para cord holding my battery in place with some cloth straps ones I found at Ace hardware. I cut the hooks off of the old broken straps and used them in combination with the new straps.

Fitted a new battery cover and lock.

Put a new lock on the tool box and re-mounted the tool box.

For all of my fixes, I used blue thread locker to make sure that everything stays where it belongs. She now looks very close to factory. The bar end mirrors are now the only give away.

BTW, I made all of these fixes in the garage, in freezing temps with the garage door open, while it was snowing. Hopefully, I will be able to ride on Monday.
Living in beautiful Colorado Springs, Co.
2014 Cream C5

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #6108 on: December 12, 2015, 11:19:24 pm
decorated another battery box for B5 ......

1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6109 on: December 13, 2015, 12:18:08 am
decorated another battery box for B5 ......

Hahahaha !   Love it.  It will go well  with a "pimped" chamber  ;).  Gettin' there.....

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #6110 on: December 13, 2015, 12:31:53 am
Spent part of the day scrubbing in the new K70's and the other part once again taking out the front axle and trying to fit the spacers.  This is so dammed confusing.  I know that the spacer came from the speedo side of the front axle but it just won't go back.  If any of you guys have a C5 with the straight forks would you kindly take a picture of how it is supposed to go and post it.  I've been working on bikes for over 60 years and feel dammed stupid with this spacer problem.  May be getting Senile or as the Italians say senille----

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #6111 on: December 13, 2015, 12:47:31 am
I've been working on bikes for over 60 years and feel dammed stupid with this spacer problem.  May be getting Senile or as the Italians say senille----
It's called a "craft" moment. :) ;)
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6112 on: December 13, 2015, 05:31:41 am
If the chamber is pimped will it go like a ho?

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6113 on: December 13, 2015, 06:17:03 am
   Hahahaha !   Love it.  It will go well  with a "pimped" chamber  ;).  Gettin' there.....

I'm not worthy ......  that chamber looks awesome !   can't wait to get it all assembled, then, ~easily~ allow it to self-clearance........

1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6114 on: December 13, 2015, 06:20:23 am
If the chamber is pimped will it go like a ho?

ho ho ho .....
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

Magoo

• Bulleteer
Reply #6115 on: December 13, 2015, 08:40:09 am
Ran in the new K70s (3.25 19 front, 4.00 18 rear) today on a nice 100km run.
Very happy!
True on the road, steady and some improved cornering.
None of the twitchiness I was led to believe would be their downfall, and there were no wobbles at speed (130kmh+).
They fit well, plenty of room under the fenders, and they look the goods too.

My only issue was when I went to lube the chain and found the rear wheel still touches the ground when on the centre stand so I'll have to chock it up to get it spinning freely.

A small issue on what should be a great summer of riding!

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #6116 on: December 13, 2015, 11:05:26 am
Gremlin - love that sticker!

You holding out on us?  Is that shiny head going on your bike?  What you got goin' on, chum?

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #6117 on: December 13, 2015, 03:36:52 pm
Ran in the new K70s (3.25 19 front, 4.00 18 rear) today on a nice 100km run.
Very happy!
True on the road, steady and some improved cornering.
None of the twitchiness I was led to believe would be their downfall, and there were no wobbles at speed (130kmh+).
They fit well, plenty of room under the fenders, and they look the goods too.

My only issue was when I went to lube the chain and found the rear wheel still touches the ground when on the centre stand so I'll have to chock it up to get it spinning freely.

A small issue on what should be a great summer of riding!

A scrap of 1/2 inch ply wood is all you need.  ;)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6118 on: December 13, 2015, 05:34:12 pm
Nice bike Magoo!  I've never seen a seat like that one, I like my stock one just fine, but yours is pretty cool.  I assume that it is comfortable?  I would love some K70's for my chrome/maroon C5 just for better safety.  Now I know just how nice they will look.  Thanks for that.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #6119 on: December 13, 2015, 06:51:57 pm
Spent part of the day scrubbing in the new K70's and the other part once again taking out the front axle and trying to fit the spacers.  This is so dammed confusing.  I know that the spacer came from the speedo side of the front axle but it just won't go back.  If any of you guys have a C5 with the straight forks would you kindly take a picture of how it is supposed to go and post it.  I've been working on bikes for over 60 years and feel dammed stupid with this spacer problem.  May be getting Senile or as the Italians say senille----
If the wheel and axle are the same as they used to be on the older offset forks the parts manual shows the parts in the following order starting with the speedometer drive:

A cylindrical spacer.  It looks like the ends may have a small tang sticking out.

The flanged spacer that looks like it may have the bearings pressed onto it.  It has slots on both ends.

Another spacer, this one looks like it is stepped.

Plain washer.

M16 X 1.5mm Nut.

Hope this helps.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary