Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855455 times)

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #6030 on: October 21, 2015, 03:21:25 am
Received a call from the dealer where I bought the Rumbler.  It's at the warehouse from whence it will be sent together with a truckload of lesser bikes to our town.  Should be here by the weekend, but then have to wait 'til the licensing and such are taken care of. Hopefully will get to ride it before the end of the month!
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #6031 on: October 22, 2015, 12:30:27 am
It's at the warehouse from whence it will be sent together with a truckload of lesser bikes to our town.

;D

I guess we know your feelings on the matter, AmBraCol!

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6032 on: October 22, 2015, 04:02:59 am
;D

I guess we know your feelings on the matter, AmBraCol!

Actually,  AKT makes a pretty decent little bike. But as far as I can tell, I'll have the first Royal Enfield in town so am looking forward to interactions with the folks at AKT as we get the paperwork sorted out.  RE is threatening to open a dealership here, but no specific time frame yet.  In the meantime I'll be enjoying the Rumbler.   ;D
Paul

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #6033 on: October 24, 2015, 04:20:58 am
Through cleaning and detail -- Removed bags and applied leather conditioner also--- Looks like brand new again --- Checked and tightened nuts and bolts -- Few needed attention --- Next week or so I will install the K70's although the Avons don't look to worn at 7500 miles. --- Maybe try for 8500 --

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #6034 on: October 24, 2015, 05:46:57 am
Did my second oil change on my Fireballish 525 today!
Also changrd primary case oil as it was leaking, so I sealed that, the sump plug (which was leaking before) and the tappet cover.
While I was in there I tightened my exhaust tappet, I think the rod a wee bent though :/
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #6035 on: October 24, 2015, 01:39:59 pm
My 2012 B5 had its first ministry of transport test (MOT) today. which takes place 3 years from first register date, then every year there after.
The test is a thorough safety check of the machine, looking at condition, bearings, steering, weight, brakes, lights and so on.
Good news, my B5 passed with flying colours, surprised that the rear brake was more than sufficient for the test (25% of the braking effort) giving out about 40% of the effort before the back wheel started sliding on the so called friction surface.
Most get there MOT done in spring, I prefer mine to be in autumn (fall) so its ready and safe for any winter trips....
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

NDC5

• Scooter
Reply #6036 on: October 24, 2015, 04:48:42 pm
2010 C5 put on the lift, disconnected the sidestand switch, changed out the battery terminals, replaced/adjusted chain, installed canvas saddlebags, topped off fuel, added stabilizer and cleaned/polished/tightened. It'll be in hibernation until April or May of 2016. Should have snow here in North Dakota in a few weeks. Bought it in May with 732 miles now has a whopping 948 on it. Plan on riding more next year.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6037 on: October 25, 2015, 01:52:49 am
glad you asked? I lost the lock to my battery cover some time ago and since then it has been held on by cable ties. today I was following the usual annual pilgrimage to mecca -feeding the birds- and noticed a flash of yellow plastic in the grass and the holly grail lay before me- my battery cover lock with clip still attached.
I removed it once and misplaced it and never jumped back on the bike for days so -its back on again. only problem I just ordered a new one a few days back

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #6038 on: October 25, 2015, 08:59:47 am
only problem I just ordered a new one a few days back

That's not a problem - they've been known to break, so you'll have a spare!  Now if you could only keep a bike around long enough to need it...  ;)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #6039 on: October 25, 2015, 06:28:54 pm
So the SV650 with the Yoshimura exhaust was a little too raucous and I decided to put the stock exhaust on.  I hate it :( 

It didn't change the performance a lick so no problem there.  While it's quiet it still sounds good.  The problem is all kinds of different vibrations at all different RPMs now.  I noticed the same thing on the C5, fewer vibes when I went to a less restrictive exhaust.

So I ordered a repacking kit from Yosh, that may help a bit.  I'm also trying to figure out a way to mount an extra baffle.  Mine is an older model so doesn't have the threaded holes required nor enough metal to drill them in. 

And to be totally honest, I really did like the sound it made with the Yosh, just a little too loud for civil society.

I also have a softer spring to mount on the shock since it's a bit stiff for me.  It's a heavy steady rain here in Portland so I'm all focused on winter projects.  Now, If I can just finish tiling the bathroom floor...

Scott

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6040 on: October 28, 2015, 12:55:41 am
Well, I finally got to sit on her.  Yep, she arrived at the local AKT dealer who promptly called me so I could get the paperwork started to get her licensed and on the road.  Also fired her up and listened to her idle a little bit.  The next day or so is going to drag something horrible.

Here's a link to a horrible, brief video.  The channel name is a play on the Colombian pronunciation of "Rumbler" (they tend to say "rambler") and my plan to share videos of my ramblings through the Andes on the Rumbler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_D2HueAS_4
Paul

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6041 on: October 31, 2015, 11:09:33 pm
Yesterday and today I managed to sneak in time to ride the Rumbler.  No telling when I'll get to do some more as today we received the keys to the new place we're leasing and will be in full moving mode by Monday. But picking up the keys worked as a good excuse to get out and ride.  Instead of taking the direct route I rode the long way around, partly to get a feel for arriving at the house from the other side of town but mostly as an excuse to get out on an unbusy highway.  RPM's kept below 3,000 and plenty of opportunity to change gears up and down to vary the engine speed. Memory tells me that my dad's CB400 twin was much buzzier than this bike.  Folks talk about the Royal Enfields vibrating, but this bike is fairly smooth.  Once I get a chance to wind it up to 50+ mph we'll see, but it gives no indication to me that it's going to be a horrible as folks say the RE's are.

151 km on the odometer now.   :)
Paul

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #6042 on: October 31, 2015, 11:24:27 pm
I sat and looked at mine and wished the fog would go away and take the rain with it. :'(
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6043 on: October 31, 2015, 11:28:04 pm
I sat and looked at mine and wished the fog would go away and take the rain with it. :'(

I really like my Nelson-Riggs rain suit.  The Aerostitch rain gloves keep my regular gloves dry.  The piece of kit missing is good rain boots, but for short jaunts my waterproof boots do OK.  Rain just  helps keep the engine cooler!
Paul

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #6044 on: November 01, 2015, 12:15:04 am
I was just having a moan. I want to get across to the west coast of Scotland before the snow and ice arrives,along with the Enfield dissolving salt. :)
For some reason my antiquated tabled (or its antiquated operator) can't post links, best boots I've ever had,(and a lot are in agreement) are called Altberg Hoggs, made in England. I've never had wet or cold feet in them. Current ones are 15 years old and they've seen a lot of use.
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream