Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855407 times)

NorEaster

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5220 on: November 24, 2014, 02:13:41 am
pmanaz1973
Keep us posted on that project.
I'm curious as to how much of a job the forks will be on a 2014 as well as how your seat turns out.

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #5221 on: November 24, 2014, 02:22:00 am
Rode her to work
Its been raining since 10am, its gonna keep up for another hour and hopefully I miss the massive storms coming.

Boss wont let me bring her inside :(
When I get home ALL the water will be removed and everythi v relubed...
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #5222 on: November 24, 2014, 05:58:26 am
Good weekend all around.  I went up to the shop for some Ural demo rides Saturday.  The new CT model is nice.  It's lower and handles better on the road than the others.  Today I went up to Seattle with the two mechanics for the International Motorcycle Show.  Good show this year and good crowd.

Scott

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #5223 on: November 24, 2014, 06:47:37 am
Yeah mAzza , I got caught in that storm riding in from ballarat- gave the plastic onesie a good workout! Bike didn't miss a beat though !
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #5224 on: November 24, 2014, 07:23:20 am
Yeah mAzza , I got caught in that storm riding in from ballarat- gave the plastic onesie a good workout! Bike didn't miss a beat though !

Managed to skip the heavy rain on my way home but she still sat in heavy rain  >:(
I need to find a park for rainy weather or bring a tarp
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5225 on: November 24, 2014, 11:53:13 am
When my bike was my only mode of transportation, I used to keep my bike cover rolled up and strapped to the back of the bike.  That way if I did have to ride in bad weather I always had the cover to keep the bike protected and dry.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #5226 on: November 24, 2014, 12:45:14 pm
Rode my B5 on my 120 mile commute. Air temps below freezing, I just love this time of year the frost coated verges lighting up in the headlights glow so night riding is little less stressful, apart from ice at corners and in dips that is!
The bullet is performing well The K&N Air filter has brought the engine performance back up to seat of the pants power as it had with the smaller sprocket. Cruising at 60 mph (posted limit) is a breeze, then on the motorway and dual carriageways (highway) she sits happily at the posted limit of 70mph, vibration is much reduced the over grips do reduce high frequency vibration at the handlebars as well as removing the cramps I was suffering before.
As for the Avon style fairing, what a difference this makes I could compare it to my GL1200 but that would be silly, but I'll just say wind chill of around -4f and I was comfortable without suffering any helmet turbulence and actually rode with the face shield open.....
All the modifications  (so far) have made my Bullet a much better all year round machine able to keep up with UK traffic with a little in reserve, much like a 250 twin of the '80's :) without changing the classic '50's look ;D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:47:33 pm by johno »
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

Russ

• Scooter
Reply #5227 on: November 24, 2014, 08:40:47 pm
North of me, West of Lake Erie got (7) yes SEVEN + FEET of snow. I got a light dusting so felt it was my responsibility to go out today. Windy and cool. es.........seven feet..plus some......

Russ

• Scooter
Reply #5228 on: November 24, 2014, 08:42:20 pm
Sorry....make that "East" of Lake Erie !!

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #5229 on: November 24, 2014, 10:54:56 pm
Putting things away, still.  Had a warm rainy day today, and the bike, stored in the garage, is soaking with condensation again.  You guys with heated storage are lucky - and smart...

I keep the little tool kit that came with the bike in the side case with the relays and EFI, in a heavy plastic sleeve - shocked at how dirty everything gets in there!  Anything I touch turns my fingers black...

Did mice move into my tool bag?

Nope - vibration over 500 miles of sitting on top of the tail light housing.  The socket handle rested on top of the zip-lock bag of sockets, and the spark plug in the box was beneath them.  Everything got chewed to bits: the bag, the box, even the lining of the bag...  :(

NorEaster

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5230 on: November 25, 2014, 01:02:18 am
Same here Mattsz  :P
Mine looked like someone performed a heavy mist with the hose
grrrr  >:(

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #5231 on: November 25, 2014, 01:17:53 am
50's and partly cloudy tomorrow, NorEaster - better go for a ride to make sure to get your bike good and dry...

Norm

• Bulleteer
  • Ride it daily for best results.
Reply #5232 on: November 26, 2014, 08:30:44 pm
I found my 2010 C5 on sale on Craigslist from a non-RE dealer in Olympia, WA, for the same price I sold it to owner #2, who must have recently traded it in for something else.  I recognized the license number.
Ride like you are invisible.
Arizona

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5233 on: November 26, 2014, 08:50:28 pm
I rode into work this morning. It was a below freezing when I left. Tonight the temps will be above freezing as I ride home.
Living in beautiful Colorado Springs, Co.
2014 Cream C5

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5234 on: November 26, 2014, 10:53:18 pm
In the process of reshaping my gas tank as part of the cafe conversion on the Blackhawk.  The hardest part so far has been the front dimples for the bars.  I have the 2nd coat of fiberglass hardening now, then 1 coat of regular filler and then some glaze coat.  Gonna keep at it for another 3hours.  Hope to have it in primer before I go home for thanksgiving.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King