Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855561 times)

Drifter

• Scooter
Reply #1800 on: July 06, 2012, 02:15:07 am
Hobbydad, do you have a pic from a little farther back like a side profile?

Hobbydad

• aka Mike
  • Bulleteer
  • Your only as old as you feel
Reply #1801 on: July 06, 2012, 02:43:49 am
I'll get one and post it tomorrow. As I was finishing up today we got hit by a nasty storm and I had to put it the bike away.
'11 C5 Military

REdmonton

• Bulleteer
Reply #1802 on: July 06, 2012, 05:46:38 am
I picked up my bike from the shop after it got its first oil change. Then I put on a pillion seat and rack.
I tried to put on a butterfly engine guard, but I'm unsure on where to attach the lower part of the guard to the frame. Does anyone have a detailed picture on how to attach it?

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #1803 on: July 06, 2012, 06:45:39 am
The two lower arms attach to the motor mount at the front of the engine below the lower bolt that secures the engine in place.
As I recall the holes already exist in the mount plate.

If you have a California model you will have to move (or remove) the charcoal canister that's occupying the space as it will block off the lower butterfly mounts.

If your bike has the O2 sensor in the upper exhaust area you will have to add a spacer for the upper butterfly bar to rest against.  Other wise it will interfere with the sensor.

When I installed my guard I used a piece of an octagon rifle barrel to make the spacer but a large 1 inch hexagon nut or piece of 1 inch pipe would work as well.

Follow this link to see the post I made about mounting my engine guard.  :)

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,10876.msg126605.html#msg126605   
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

rav

• Scooter
Reply #1804 on: July 06, 2012, 12:24:16 pm
I picked up my bike from the shop after it got its first oil change. Then I put on a pillion seat and rack.
I tried to put on a butterfly engine guard, but I'm unsure on where to attach the lower part of the guard to the frame. Does anyone have a detailed picture on how to attach it?
How essy was it to attach the pillion seat? Can you post some pics? I am debating whether or not to attach on my military.

Hobbydad

• aka Mike
  • Bulleteer
Reply #1805 on: July 06, 2012, 12:57:52 pm
If it's the Enfield pillon seat for the C5, it's super easy to mount. Loosen the two upper shock bolts and slide it on. Once it's in place there's a long bolt & nut that goes in under the seat. Tighten that & the two upper shock bolts and your done. I have one for mine that I put on whenever my wife wanted to go for a ride, it's a 5-10 minute job. The only thing I would add, if your worried you might scratch the rear fender when installing or removing the seat (with the seats all metal frame work), cover your fender with a thick towel before hand.
'11 C5 Military

rav

• Scooter
Reply #1806 on: July 06, 2012, 01:02:09 pm
Thanks, It seems quite easy then. Do you happen to have a pic of the seat attached on your bike? I really like the way the bike looks without it but my wife wants to ride on it to work (we both work at the same place). I saw quite a few pics of them but have not seen one on a military.

Hobbydad

• aka Mike
  • Bulleteer
Reply #1807 on: July 06, 2012, 01:16:01 pm
Here's a quick shot with my homemade saddlebags. I'll see if I can find a shot without them.
'11 C5 Military

rav

• Scooter
Reply #1808 on: July 06, 2012, 01:28:47 pm
Thanks a lot, I guess I am sold on those now :D

motorat

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1809 on: July 06, 2012, 03:37:07 pm
if you look at the close up shot of the bags in the link you can see the bracket:
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,14690.0.html
look under the drivers seat for the front and the rear is at the leading edge of the bag.
Joe
08 dl650abs
 c5 military

Hobbydad

• aka Mike
  • Bulleteer
Reply #1810 on: July 06, 2012, 04:26:47 pm
Hobbydad, do you have a pic from a little farther back like a side profile?

Rolled it out this morning just for you :) 100+ outside, 60% humidity, ugh.

'11 C5 Military

rav

• Scooter
Reply #1811 on: July 06, 2012, 04:29:58 pm
That is a radical transformation from the pic above :o

rav

• Scooter
Reply #1812 on: July 06, 2012, 04:30:54 pm
if you look at the close up shot of the bags in the link you can see the bracket:
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,14690.0.html
look under the drivers seat for the front and the rear is at the leading edge of the bag.
Thanks again, just ordered it from the dealer. Luckily it was in stock!!

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1813 on: July 06, 2012, 04:32:55 pm
That is so cool..I would put some small fenders back on it as I hate to get caught in the rain or even a bit of sand/rocks..Is the battery still on the side and are u going to relocate it and open it up even more? It really looks fantastic especially with the matching rims..I love the simplicity of these machines...GM
Oh Magoo you done it again

Hobbydad

• aka Mike
  • Bulleteer
Reply #1814 on: July 06, 2012, 05:12:04 pm
Yeah, I'm going to pick up a small lithium battery and have a box made for it. I'll have the box welded to the frame, behind the engine, between the swingarm and centerstand brace. I won't have that done until this winter (if I can resist that long), when I have the frame off to remove all the extra metal bits. I only have 2 more items I want to wrap up this summer, the rearsets & linkage, and a different plate/light mount. I just need to scare up some extra cash. Here's a quick shot of the opposite side, with the battery box still in place. It doesn't look bad by itself, but it still has to go.

'11 C5 Military